Quest Submission

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Quest Submission

Post by Deathsinger »

WARNING: Spoiler alert. Driller asked ideas be posted here so if ya read it you know everything. (If the idea is
even used).

Introduction: A soul ( Ghost ) is seen in the keep praising Lia for helping her escape a crystal prison. She tells
or a cult attempting to open an extraplanar gate to allow a dark god into the world. She knows of the location and
that it is heavily guarded by demons and devils all bound to the cult. They are powerful enough to pit such enemies
as devils and demons against any who dare oppose them.
---------------------------------------
Area: The area will have an entrance that has a rocky formation on both sides of the entrance. A wall of dispelling
magic is in front of teh entrance forcing any would be heroes to enter not one but two dispelling walls. Thus:

XXROCKSXXX W W
Enter A A
XXROCKSXXX L L
L L
This prevents uber buffing and ensures that the quest is a real challenge for Epics. Also teh recall stone will not
function here or portals (this prevents getting by the walls and porting to the Keep to rebuff.
---------------------------------------
Encounters: Inside there are CR :17s-20s, all forced to do the bidding of the cultists. Three powerful cultists
(clerics) positioned on alcoves that can ONLY be reached by paths blocked by the sumoned and enslaved minions. One
cultist (a fourth) chants over an alter that has a strange crystal with souls swarming in and arouns it. (He MUST
keep consentration on this. He has no script to attack. If his concentration is broken then the players succeed but
still must kill the cult or they could start the ritual again. But smashing the crystal and freeing the souls
completes the quest.) Amongst the summoned are Balors and Pit fiends (Originally was going to have Titans as
enslaved minions but the NWN2 doesn't have titans (CR:21) as placeable monsters. Possibly some nightwalker (Night
shades) as guardians as these have CR 17.
----------------------------------------
SIDE QUEST: If a rogue pick pockets one of the clerics he/she will get a gem with a strange eerie feeling. Foxmore will tell of a purpose for the item. (This is a rogue quest and killing the cleric doesn't drop the item.)
NOTES: I was going to test some of these creatures in my mod against various epics I have but thought you (Driller)
probly know how the NWN2 versions of these monsters do better than me. just a goofy quest idea I thought i'd throw
out there.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Re: Quest Submission

Post by Deathsinger »

Ok the script used here doesnt allow the diagram look on teh entrance /WALL . it takes the spaces i put in out but in your mind move the letters over to spell WALL & WALL vertically. :)
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

I see a major problem with debuffing any character that relies on them (buffs) to survive. They will die horribly and often. No one will want to do that quest since it would be impossible to finish.

The buffs in game are tied to the level of the caster, this is taken into account when a CR is calculated. A wizard without his spells is no longer a wizard.

The quest itself would be welcome, though. If there is a subplot involving rogues it might be an idea to add some indication that the clerics are in fact vulnerable to sleight of hand attacks. A note in a locked chest with a DC high enough for only a rogue to overcome (deadly trap?). Hidden where only a rogue could find it. Or a riddle associated with an object found in the first part of the dungeon.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

This is calculated in, as the entrance area of most ALL the quest areas allow ample time to buff. I have even buffed while in the entrance at the Yuanti. this will ONLY stop uber buffing. As you can buff at teh entrance after passing through the walls of dispelling. NOT an issue, unless you relly soully on buffs from alternate login characters to buff your party.
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

I personally dislike the practice of relying on outside buffs myself, but there are those who use this method I agree. As I see it if the server admin and the players don't mind that type of play, then there isn't a good reason to sanction those who find it to be their source of fun.

I see the point and I agree there are benefits to having to actually work for a goal, and believe me when I say there are serious challenges to be found here for the player who chooses the wrong path. Or if you play as I do the build is the challenge, try using a crossbow with fire damage against the dragonkin on that mountain side.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well I have been experimenting with different classes on the server, to see how they work as opposed to others. I am currently doing quite well with a gnome barbarian. It's a blast LOL. My greataxe is bigger than I am LOL. But it's a fun character for a kick. I hit level 17 today. Not bad for only the second or third day.
but for this quest I was designing it to give Epics a challenge. And the entrance will make sure ONLY Epics can do it ( no getting buffed at alower level and rushing to get in there LOL). Just wanted to set up an Epic challenge. Once in the entrance should be set similar to the Ice Dragon, where you have a chance to rest and buff YOURSELVES afresh- but only with the buffs at hand. Then go in and save the day. (Hey I'm proud I actually typed "the" instead of "teh" this post LOL.)
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Or if you play as I do the build is the challenge, try using a crossbow with fire damage against the dragonkin on that mountain side.[/quote]

why fight fire with fire? ever heard of cold damage lol....skill,tactics and the right tools for job is the way to play nwn2
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well I fought the dragonkin with a flaming greatsword...NOT by preference mind you. After the Yuanti stole my better weapons (those BASTARDS!) I only had a flame weapon LOL. WAS a hoot running the mountain. I felt like Elmer Fudd using Bigs bunny as a rifle to shoot rabbits. "BANG BANG!" no dead rabbits LOL.
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

Sadly this character only has +5 fire on the weapon and no way to get anything else at the time. *sigh*
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Yes in that case i guess your forced between a rock & a hard spot. sometime you just have grit your teeth and take the pain hehe...
OrionNebula