Summons and XP

Report any bugs you find here.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Summons and XP

Post by Deathsinger »

I have noticed that if a lower level character is in my group and my summoned creature kills a monster I get 0 XP and the lower member in group gets the Summoned's kill xp. Since it's MY summoned creature shouldn't I be getting the xp for it's kills? Or since we are in a party why not have it shared like when a party member kills?
Nottingham
Count
Count

Re: Summons and XP

Post by Nottingham »

You are likely more than 5 levels higher than the summoned creature, yet your party member is within 5 levels it.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I had assumed this but it should be fixed as it's MY sumoned creature and an Epic spell I couldnt get until level 22. Im only level 26 so I am bugged that it's BUGGED.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Let me know if it is still BUGGED.

-driller
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Sorry, I still get no XP for my balor's kills or my greater Elemental's kills. :(
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

If Kaedrin's PRC pack is used here im sure this will fix these issues.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

:retard:
shadowflame wrote:If Kaedrin's PRC pack is used here im sure this will fix these issues.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

My pale master summons yield no xp whatsoever. Just thought you guys might wanna know that. Driller and I already discussed
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

driller wrote::retard:
shadowflame wrote:If Kaedrin's PRC pack is used here im sure this will fix these issues.
:retard: ? was my statement wrong in some way?...i listened to the podcast about Kaedrins pack and im sure its author mentioned that he fixed the xp issues to do with druid shape and summoned creatures.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not really a retard. I just liked the expression of that smiley. Kaedrin's has nothing to do with XP.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:
driller wrote::retard:
:retard: ? was my statement wrong in some way?...i listened to the podcast about Kaedrins pack and im sure its author mentioned that he fixed the xp issues to do with druid shape and summoned creatures.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well I'm not a palemaster. My character is a Favored Soul. I use Epic Gate and Summon Monster IX. And I'm getting no xp for my summons' kills. That sucks as they tend to get kills alot and they are helpful in fighting Yuanti. #-o
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

can you PLEASE fix the summoned and animal companions? My ranger's Animal companion is a joke :( her pussy doesn't even make it through the second round of combat all buffed :( . As a ranger her animal companion is a key part of her. most of a rangers good spells are for boosting her/his animal companion. Can you fix him so he levels with her? i mean he is WAY, WAY too weak.
And Alucard's summoned creatures STIll don't give any xp. And as of late I'm all alone on here. I NEED my summoned to fight in the areas I can get xp. But if I use them I get NO xp :( . Not fun. Is there anything that can be done? I've also noticed Epic spells suck. Not much to them. (Sorry not related but on my mind. )
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have already made several adjustments. I will have to dig deeper and find out why they won't give xp.
Summons are stock Obsidian creatures as are the spells. I have no plans to change them right now.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:can you PLEASE fix the summoned and animal companions? My ranger's Animal companion is a joke :( her pussy doesn't even make it through the second round of combat all buffed :( . As a ranger her animal companion is a key part of her. most of a rangers good spells are for boosting her/his animal companion. Can you fix him so he levels with her? i mean he is WAY, WAY too weak.
And Alucard's summoned creatures STIll don't give any xp. And as of late I'm all alone on here. I NEED my summoned to fight in the areas I can get xp. But if I use them I get NO xp :( . Not fun. Is there anything that can be done? I've also noticed Epic spells suck. Not much to them. (Sorry not related but on my mind. )
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

I exported Alucard and played him in MOB. My Balor gave me xp there. Does this help any?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I wrote my own xp system. The only thing I can think of is that the FactionMember functions don't pickup certain associate types. We will see though.

-driller
Deathsinger wrote:I exported Alucard and played him in MOB. My Balor gave me xp there. Does this help any?