Questing

Post suggestions for improvements here.
StarChild
Count
Count

Questing

Post by StarChild »

This one is a biggy to me. Its also where I have seen some servers fail and some servers thrive because they get it right. When I say thrive I am not necessarily talking about the numbers of people that play there.

To sort of turn BSK around to a questing atmosphere than a grinding atmosphere I would like to suggest that we increase quest rewards and make them longer. I think the goblin head quest has the right amount of length to it. I mean we had to travel a long time just to get to the leader and overcome traps, goblins that shoot, goblins that magic, goblins that sneak, and goblins that melee. Also there is a hidden treasure (not worth very much but good to have by the way). It would probably be one of the funner :P quest in the game if it werent for the end. All of that for 399 xp and a few hundred coin? Well that makes me want to kill undead for 30 minutes instead. More xp and more coin.

I am not saying change the current grinding areas. I am saying to seriously and dramatically increase quest rewards. Make turning in the head an astronimical xp and gold. After all you did take down a leader that was terrizing your town. Do you know the reward I'd get if I nabbed Houstons crime boss who has a 5 story head quarters that no one could get to but me. Holy Shit I'd at least get 50,000 for it. Hell turning in a pedaphile would bet me 5 grand.

What I'm saying is. We have a good party atmosphere right now where we like being in party better than soloing. Thats a major step in the right direction for NWN and BSK. Now lets make our killing have a goal in mind instead of time. Literally I look at my watch and time is my goal. I say "I'll grind here for 30 minutes and I hope I dont die". I do it without dying I win. I would like to say "Hey guys lets go take out Kyron hidden way off in the swamps some where because its actually worth more than sitting here grinding for 30 minutes AND it has a purpose."

Am I being unreasonable?
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questing

Post by driller »

I agree with you to a certain extent. I am already going through the quests rewards for the update and adding more in. There will never be a quest that gives out 50,000 though.

-driller
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

driller wrote:I There will never be a quest that gives out 50,000 though.

-driller
LOL I know. I was just saying. I'm glad you're choosing to update things a bit. Thanx for listening. See... I told you you weren't evil. You're fine by me no matter what all they say about you in pms and tells :P
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I read everyone too...

-driller
StarChild wrote:
driller wrote:I There will never be a quest that gives out 50,000 though.

-driller
LOL I know. I was just saying. I'm glad you're choosing to update things a bit. Thanx for listening. See... I told you you weren't evil. You're fine by me no matter what all they say about you in pms and tells :P