loot drop suggestion

Post suggestions for improvements here.
KuttingKew
Baron
Baron

loot drop suggestion

Post by KuttingKew »

I'm not 100% sure what you use to determine loot drops, Driller - but I did have a thought - when a boss is killed (example, Gank) - IF loot is dropped (& no, I am not suggesting that a boss kill should be automatic loot) - then it is 'rolled' for on a 'higher loot table' ? (again, I'm not suggesting it has to be uber - just a slightly better class of loot than their minions drop).
shadowflame
Count
Count

Re: loot drop suggestion

Post by shadowflame »

this sounds like a good idea, but wouldnt it encourage boss camping?...though i do agree that the loot system need to be improved. Unidentified medi pack or another thieves tool anyone?
OrionNebula
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

shadowflame wrote:this sounds like a good idea, but wouldnt it encourage boss camping?...though i do agree that the loot system need to be improved. Unidentified medi pack or another thieves tool anyone?
Boss camping wouldn't be any worse than it is already. People find an area to grind and when the boss spawns they treat it as any other monster. Soloing an area where you get decent xp means you will have your @ss handed to you by the leader if you try to take him on. There are exceptions but from my perspective, camping is not a healthy business. Four of us were decimated by Kyton and his minions. We averaged 14 th level. Was interesting. Have you tried to get the heirloom from the trolls? Have fun.

Easy bosses might be a problem but there really aren't any. Hell even the pixies are harder and they were already a challenge.

While we are here I would suggest that the value of the better pelts be increased rather than the poor ones being worthless.
My eighth level with a +11 survival and bardic help was only able to salvage pelts worth the exact same value as she got before the change.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The wolf hide reqs have been lowered.

-driller
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

It seems like wolves were dropping hides about 1 in every 4 killed, but I have not made a 1st level character in a while.

I do not think anyone has mentioned that sometime about 4 or 5 days ago, a few days before the beta 1.23 was removed, drops increased dramatically on the server. Mid-teen characters started getting drops in places they had not before at their level, and when playing solo where Mirkwood, for example, is too hard and foolish, this is most welcomed.

The issue, then, for me, would be to increase the variety of items that are dropping. Thieves Tools and Healing kits are nice, along with the few other random items--and we do get the occasional +1 enchantment or +1 attack bonus or +1 elemental damage weapons and low magic equivalent armor--but adding a full range of normal items, like a normal long sword or a torch would bet better. If Driller wants to keep magic low here, and I think he does, perhaps at Mirkwood or somewhere hard like that could start having +2 items or a random 1d6 damaging items dropping, even if it is at a 1/100. This might just be enough to keep people happier.

If you look at what it was like two weeks ago, the way it is now is much better.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes