Problem Starting Foxmore Quests

Report any bugs you find here.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Problem Starting Foxmore Quests

Post by Gibbo »

I've been having an issue starting the Foxmore questline. Character has over 18 Cha (I think he only talks to characters with 10+ cha?) and I do get the dialog concerning the first fetch-quest with the Spider Sac, however after speaking with him I do not get a journal update that actually starts the quest.

I didn't even catch it the first time, and I've since collected the Spider Sac (and the Golden Orb), however I'm unable to turn these items in since the journal do the initial update. I've asked around, and it seems like I'm the only shmuck too dumb to figure it out on my own. ... Am I doing something wrong, or is this an actual bug?
ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem Starting Foxmore Quests

Post by driller »

Is Foxmore saying go take a bath or go fetch the spider sac?

-driller
Gibbo wrote:I've been having an issue starting the Foxmore questline. Character has over 18 Cha (I think he only talks to characters with 10+ cha?) and I do get the dialog concerning the first fetch-quest with the Spider Sac, however after speaking with him I do not get a journal update that actually starts the quest.

I didn't even catch it the first time, and I've since collected the Spider Sac (and the Golden Orb), however I'm unable to turn these items in since the journal do the initial update. I've asked around, and it seems like I'm the only shmuck too dumb to figure it out on my own. ... Am I doing something wrong, or is this an actual bug?
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

He definitely informs me about the spider sac. The two dialog options are either the flirty 'talk about armor' tree, or the direct all-business tree. Both talk about the spider sac at the end, however the journal is not updating at the conclusion of the dialog.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

He's saying go catch the spider sac but it still wont show up in the quest log (journal) when he says it. Was this done on purpose?
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I just created a new character and it worked fine. Please try again.

-driller
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I had tried with my original character (Serena, female human warlock lvl 8) and I had the same dialog with no journal update. I tried dropping the quest items from my inventory and tried again, with no change. I tried relogging and attempting again with no change.

I then logged in with my secondary character (Gorin, male dwarf cleric lvl 2) and I had a different dialog appear concerning the spider sac. I got the update and everything worked just fine. The journal updated and he had the "You ought not cross me!" sfx.

Are there more than two different dialogs for Foxmore dependent on race/gender/class? I realize he says different things if you don't pass the Charisma check, but is there also another one for a really high charisma? Serena is cruising with a 20 CHA at the moment.

I can take screenshots if that would help track down the specific dialog.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, please take screenshots.

-driller
Gibbo wrote:I had tried with my original character (Serena, female human warlock lvl 8) and I had the same dialog with no journal update. I tried dropping the quest items from my inventory and tried again, with no change. I tried relogging and attempting again with no change.

I then logged in with my secondary character (Gorin, male dwarf cleric lvl 2) and I had a different dialog appear concerning the spider sac. I got the update and everything worked just fine. The journal updated and he had the "You ought not cross me!" sfx.

Are there more than two different dialogs for Foxmore dependent on race/gender/class? I realize he says different things if you don't pass the Charisma check, but is there also another one for a really high charisma? Serena is cruising with a 20 CHA at the moment.

I can take screenshots if that would help track down the specific dialog.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It's fixed. It seems Foxmore had a gender bias problem.

-driller
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Thank you! I'll try it out later tonight!

And I don't know if it's considered a problem... I most likely just forgot to bring him the necessary quest items: a sandwich and a cold one. [-X
ZOMFGOMBIES!