To forge or not to forge...

Post suggestions for improvements here.

What would you like in a Mystic Forge?

Yes! The Forge of the Ancients must be found if we are to have any hope against the hordes of Shalnath!
64%
The Waste! The old Forge is gone. Let's find a new forge there!
9%
The Underdark! That's where the next Forge would likely be found!
9%
No! I want my crafting to be mobile. It's cold up in those mountains!
18%

Total votes: 11

Caesius
Duke
Duke

To forge or not to forge...

Post by Caesius »

During my time here I've heard a number of things in regards to how items will be made on the server. I don't have all the details but I just wanted to get your thoughts on another of the trademark items of the first BSK: The Mystic Forge.

Now I have heard that the Forge will not be implemented this time around. That stones can simply be added on the spot. No doubt at least some of the effects will be skill dependent. To counter this however, I know of at least one character who has found a Key to the Mystic Forge. Does it still exist somewhere? Is it merely moved or lost? I do not know. All I know is that searches in the frozen wastes have proven fruitless to this date. Maybe someday an earthquake or something will uncover the cave once more or perhaps another, similar relic left by the Ancients might be discovered in a remote and dangerous place. Either way I know I look forward to finding a forge like back in the old days.

I'm just wondering: Will I will need the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Items feats?

Last edited by Caesius on Wed May 13, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only constant is change.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: To forge or not to forge...

Post by driller »

I was thinking if I do add a forge. It would be more along the lines of having an altar at your deities temple.
It would work similar to the old one, but the backstory would be that the enchantments come from your deity.

-driller
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Could the forge produce semi-predictable results that are in theme with each deity? Would you consider adopting any elements of a recipe style system like the Magician's Workbench from the OC? If, for example, I had a roleplaying concept that involves a character with an ice theme, is there anything that a player/crafter can do to improve the odds of getting an ice type weapon?
The only constant is change.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

at least semi predictable results would be nice considering that I have only found 1 imbueing stone and I have killed ALOT of monsters.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

driller wrote:I was thinking if I do add a forge. It would be more along the lines of having an altar at your deities temple.
It would work similar to the old one, but the backstory would be that the enchantments come from your deity.

-driller
That works too.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Ok, deity the altar forge thing is in. You need to follow Vor, Kazra or Lia. The altars are in the respective deities temples.

-driller
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

driller wrote:Ok, deity the altar forge thing is in. You need to follow Vor, Kazra or Lia. The altars are in the respective deities temples.

-driller
Woot. I found Lia's Temple the other day. What is required to do the forging? or is that for you to know and for us to find out?
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You will need an imbuing stone.

-driller
Roland Deschain wrote:
driller wrote:Ok, deity the altar forge thing is in. You need to follow Vor, Kazra or Lia. The altars are in the respective deities temples.

-driller
Woot. I found Lia's Temple the other day. What is required to do the forging? or is that for you to know and for us to find out?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

And a high craft skill I'm assuming ? and btw the monsters that were in lia's temple didnt spawn this time around ( Dont know if that is intentional or not )

Also, I am not so sure that I found lIa's temple now. on my map it says that I am in the Elemental Temple of Water. But there is a shrine to Lia in a room.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I took the mobs out. I will put NPCs in there to let you change your deity like in BSK1.

-driller
Roland Deschain wrote:And a high craft skill I'm assuming ? and btw the monsters that were in lia's temple didnt spawn this time around ( Dont know if that is intentional or not )

Also, I am not so sure that I found lIa's temple now. on my map it says that I am in the Elemental Temple of Water. But there is a shrine to Lia in a room.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

Are the gods going to be updated with favored weapons like Lia favoring the Spear so that we can start playing the Favored Soul class?