NWN2 Question - What's needed to play?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

NWN2 Question - What's needed to play?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Ok, what's it take to get all the expansion packages to bring NWN2 up to snuff? I assume Bioware still has the auto update. But the major draw back of NWN2 is the bloody special file you need for every server you want to play on! That was just plain dumb!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NWN2 Question - What's needed to play?

Post by driller »

NWN2 only has one expansion pack called Mask of The Betrayer. The new one Storm of Zehir hasn't been released yet.
You can run the auto updater to patch just like NWN1. Obsidian will be releasing a patch for Storm of Zehir which will add auto downloader so you won't have to hunt that special file.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Ok, what's it take to get all the expansion packages to bring NWN2 up to snuff? I assume Bioware still has the auto update. But the major draw back of NWN2 is the bloody special file you need for every server you want to play on! That was just plain dumb!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Cool so it's only that one or two expansion packages, MotB and then the SoZ when it's released. Thanks good to know ... gonna look into it.
driller wrote:NWN2 only has one expansion pack called Mask of The Betrayer. The new one Storm of Zehir hasn't been released yet.
You can run the auto updater to patch just like NWN1. Obsidian will be releasing a patch for Storm of Zehir which will add auto downloader so you won't have to hunt that special file.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Ok, what's it take to get all the expansion packages to bring NWN2 up to snuff? I assume Bioware still has the auto update. But the major draw back of NWN2 is the bloody special file you need for every server you want to play on! That was just plain dumb!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Ok ... found MotB at a discount software place for $24 and I assume when SoZ comes out they will sell it for about the same price. So $48 plus shipping ... *looks into wallet ...* it is do able. The one thing about NWN2 is getting that silly special file that allows you to log onto a specific server. That is dumb. They do away with that??
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No, you have to have the walkmesh. It is a side effect of being able to make almost any terrain imaginable.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Ok ... found MotB at a discount software place for $24 and I assume when SoZ comes out they will sell it for about the same price. So $48 plus shipping ... *looks into wallet ...* it is do able. The one thing about NWN2 is getting that silly special file that allows you to log onto a specific server. That is dumb. They do away with that??
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:No, you have to have the walkmesh. It is a side effect of being able to make almost any terrain imaginable.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Ok ... found MotB at a discount software place for $24 and I assume when SoZ comes out they will sell it for about the same price. So $48 plus shipping ... *looks into wallet ...* it is do able. The one thing about NWN2 is getting that silly special file that allows you to log onto a specific server. That is dumb. They do away with that??
Walkmesh? Part of that special file that must be downloaded or something else? Now I played on BSK2 for a while until the I/O drove me bonkers ... so I'd be good to go or would another file be required? Or is that question premature?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What do you mean by I/O. Yes, it is a but premature at this time.
Capt Cliff wrote:
driller wrote:No, you have to have the walkmesh. It is a side effect of being able to make almost any terrain imaginable.

-driller
Walkmesh? Part of that special file that must be downloaded or something else? Now I played on BSK2 for a while until the I/O drove me bonkers ... so I'd be good to go or would another file be required? Or is that question premature?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I/o meaning input/output or playability or player interface with the player charactor ... etc.