Ioun Stone ?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Distant Traveler
Commoner
Commoner

Ioun Stone ?

Post by Distant Traveler »

I was wondering if the the description was left purposely vague to encourage experimental interaction on the part of characters.
-or-
Is this some sort of glitch occurring and the stone was actually meant to provide the AC increase regardless of any other currently equipped items.

D.T. :?
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Re: Ioun Stone ?

Post by Gibbo »

There are different types of AC types when it comes to enchantments/magic (deflection, armor, shield, natural, dodge, etc). These types stack with one another, however do not stack with same-types with the exception of dodge AC (which stacks up to a certain max... maybe 10, but it's been a while and I can't remember). Looks like the AC type of the Dusty Rose Stone is Deflection, so it won't stack with any other Deflection type AC enchantments. Hopefully that helps, if not, I can always come up with some ridiculous analogy that involves opossums.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Distant Traveler
Commoner
Commoner

Gibbo wrote:There are different types of AC types when it comes to enchantments/magic (deflection, armor, shield, natural, dodge, etc). These types stack with one another, however do not stack with same-types with the exception of dodge AC (which stacks up to a certain max... maybe 10, but it's been a while and I can't remember). Looks like the AC type of the Dusty Rose Stone is Deflection, so it won't stack with any other Deflection type AC enchantments. Hopefully that helps, if not, I can always come up with some ridiculous analogy that involves opossums.

Bring on the Possums cause I knew all that.

I was looking for a little help understanding why the description is apparently incomplete (not providing any reference to "AC Deflection") other protective items have this information prominently displayed.

It is slightly annoying to spend money on an item only to have to sell it right back because its description failed to mention that (in your given situation) the item is useless.

Which brought me to my second thought that perhaps it was a glitch.

However rather than possibly posting this inappropriately in another forum I thought I would attempt to get a better understanding of the situation by asking a question or two here.

Are these item descriptions even under the control of the creators of BLACKSTONE KEEP?

If not (and it's technically not a glitch either) then just flog me with a dead goblin and let's move on.

D.T.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

These are stock Bioware items and not BSK creations.

Thanks,
-driller
Distant Traveler wrote:
Gibbo wrote:There are different types of AC types when it comes to enchantments/magic (deflection, armor, shield, natural, dodge, etc). These types stack with one another, however do not stack with same-types with the exception of dodge AC (which stacks up to a certain max... maybe 10, but it's been a while and I can't remember). Looks like the AC type of the Dusty Rose Stone is Deflection, so it won't stack with any other Deflection type AC enchantments. Hopefully that helps, if not, I can always come up with some ridiculous analogy that involves opossums.

Bring on the Possums cause I knew all that.

I was looking for a little help understanding why the description is apparently incomplete (not providing any reference to "AC Deflection") other protective items have this information prominently displayed.

It is slightly annoying to spend money on an item only to have to sell it right back because its description failed to mention that (in your given situation) the item is useless.

Which brought me to my second thought that perhaps it was a glitch.

However rather than possibly posting this inappropriately in another forum I thought I would attempt to get a better understanding of the situation by asking a question or two here.

Are these item descriptions even under the control of the creators of BLACKSTONE KEEP?

If not (and it's technically not a glitch either) then just flog me with a dead goblin and let's move on.

D.T.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I've always wondered what a "Greater Ioun Stone" would be like... now that would be nifty BSK creation.

"Greater Ioun Stone: Lime Green"
Special Properties:
Use: Greater Ioun Stone Power: Piffy Comment 1 Use/Day

driller wrote:These are stock Bioware items and not BSK creations.

Thanks,
-driller
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Distant Traveler
Commoner
Commoner

Thank you for your response and definitive answer driller.

Thank you for your help also Gibbo.

Now if you would both be so kind as to excuse me, I need to go and find a dead goblin.

D.T.