Rules of Engagement

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Rules of Engagement

Post by tropiofCancer »

I am afraid that some players think that the Kazrite guild will attack you for no reason while your making a haste torch at the forge so I will go over some general rules that I am trying to enforce within the Kazrite guild OOC. I havent had a Chance to talk w/ PepsiMan , Jazelle , Or Hordack about this yet but I will before it is full blown . Here though is how I will run our basic policy.
1) I will not attack anyone at the forge ever under any circumstance..I dont care if Vors avatar gives me the finger ( sure I would die but yeah Im hard headed like that)
2) I will not attack an opposing guild member on the hunt w/o giving some kind of RP of warning first even if its a sneaker . In other words I won't sit back in the cut while umgahs got you on near death and attack.
3)...I will pluck no vine before its time Kiln BrightAxe , Im not an asshole man I just play one on TV . If you are 10th lvl I will not attack you with a 40 unless The lvl 10 is so beligerent I cant find an RP reason not too . I assure you any in the Kazrite force would be brutally ridiculed OOC if they did ..laughed at horribly .Then kicked out unless the lowbie forced it
4) I will not attack any non allied guild member unlesss once again they are so beligerent there is no RP way not to according to standard BSK PvP guidelines..yes..I am trying to scare the Hunter numbers down by typing that..not really.
5) I will attack no one afk , unless I am drunk and RP'd with them for a long time until I realize they are afk..at which point I will rez them be on my way and they will never know the differance .
6) People who send me tells telling me Im a Piece of $%&# Mother%#$@er willl not be attacked , until I take the screen shot at which point they will be attacked and subject to whatever DM reproach DM's do .
7) Anyone who uses phrases like "LOL , WhutlvlRU? , omfg , etc during normal RP Chat will not be attacked , they will be ignored and made fun of in Party Chat .
8) If I attack you with a sneaker there will be some kind of warning , probably a tell like * You hear a branch snap on your left as a cloud suddenly crosses under the sun *
9) I will not under any circumstances use PP as a tool of war . PickPocketing is about the shittiest thing you can do to somebody now that the forge drop is so low and those who do it constantly need their character stripped .
10) I will not attack anyone in the Vor temple . (Not SOM Temple Seri)

We will extend the same courtesy to our fellow players the same as we did when we weren't Kazrites . This is a game guys and a damn good time if we let it be . And as for people giving me the cold shoulder...I didnt get pissed off at Driller the first time Shalnath kicked my ass..It was around the 16th .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
klin brightaxe
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Rules of Engagement

Post by klin brightaxe »

tropiofCancer wrote:I am afraid that some players think that the Kazrite guild will attack you for no reason while your making a haste torch at the forge so I will go over some general rules that I am trying to enforce within the Kazrite guild OOC. I havent had a Chance to talk w/ PepsiMan , Jazelle , Or Hordack about this yet but I will before it is full blown . Here though is how I will run our basic policy.
1) I will not attack anyone at the forge ever under any circumstance..I dont care if Vors avatar gives me the finger ( sure I would die but yeah Im hard headed like that)
2) I will not attack an opposing guild member on the hunt w/o giving some kind of RP of warning first even if its a sneaker . In other words I won't sit back in the cut while umgahs got you on near death and attack.
3)...I will pluck no vine before its time Kiln BrightAxe , Im not an asshole man I just play one on TV . If you are 10th lvl I will not attack you with a 40 unless The lvl 10 is so beligerent I cant find an RP reason not too . I assure you any in the Kazrite force would be brutally ridiculed OOC if they did ..laughed at horribly .Then kicked out unless the lowbie forced it
4) I will not attack any non allied guild member unlesss once again they are so beligerent there is no RP way not to according to standard BSK PvP guidelines..yes..I am trying to scare the Hunter numbers down by typing that..not really.
5) I will attack no one afk , unless I am drunk and RP'd with them for a long time until I realize they are afk..at which point I will rez them be on my way and they will never know the differance .
6) People who send me tells telling me Im a Piece of $%&# Mother%#$@er willl not be attacked , until I take the screen shot at which point they will be attacked and subject to whatever DM reproach DM's do .
7) Anyone who uses phrases like "LOL , WhutlvlRU? , omfg , etc during normal RP Chat will not be attacked , they will be ignored and made fun of in Party Chat .
8) If I attack you with a sneaker there will be some kind of warning , probably a tell like * You hear a branch snap on your left as a cloud suddenly crosses under the sun *
9) I will not under any circumstances use PP as a tool of war . PickPocketing is about the shittiest thing you can do to somebody now that the forge drop is so low and those who do it constantly need their character stripped .
10) I will not attack anyone in the Vor temple . (Not SOM Temple Seri)

We will extend the same courtesy to our fellow players the same as we did when we weren't Kazrites . This is a game guys and a damn good time if we let it be . And as for people giving me the cold shoulder...I didnt get pissed off at Driller the first time Shalnath kicked my ass..It was around the 16th .
i just mearly brought up a possiabilty of what could happen, and i thank you for letting me know you wount do such things... now if i could only believe a fellow kazrite... after all isint one of the pillers to lie? :)
I've come to find, that the only truth in life is right here in this bottle. I'd rather have this bottle in front of me, than a frontal Lobotomy!"
How profound, Wizard!
EXISTENTIAL BLUES
Tom "T-Bone" Stankus
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

rolmao that just about sums it up
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

it is one of Kazra's pillars to lie, but it is a poor sport of a player who would do so.

i, for one, commend Tropic for this post and letting people know what to expect. this kind of communication helps others better understand that part of this is also their job to pay attention. if they 'expect' to RP a situation out, then they need to do so. presumming that this is held to, it balances the PvP and RP aspects quite nicely and allows for outcomes to be determined by character interaction rather than an ambush that ends in "Holy Crap! someone just trashed the mess out of me out of nowhere!"

my read on this is that Tropic is ready for both PvP or RP and is happy enough to let the prey select their own preference with the understanding that escaping bloodshed may not always be an option, but (and this is the point i truely appreciate) that Tropic will not go around offering death without warning.

even though my character is mostly RP now, i also understand that sometimes '$#!t happens'.

also, Tropic has neatly placed the ball in everyone elses court:
meaning that our responces will determine his/her actions and those who metagame will expose themselves for the frauds they are.

Pharo
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
klin brightaxe
Commoner
Commoner

Post by klin brightaxe »

my post was not ment to insult, but to remind that becuase one kazrite makes a promice that dosent mean others will adhear to it. in fact tropics post was very awsome for explaining his intensions. since his post i feel much better about the war thing and plan on involving myself . i originaly did not want to be part of it, so i guess thanks tropic for clearing this up.
I've come to find, that the only truth in life is right here in this bottle. I'd rather have this bottle in front of me, than a frontal Lobotomy!"
How profound, Wizard!
EXISTENTIAL BLUES
Tom "T-Bone" Stankus
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

*coughs* well guess one thing I don't agree with ... Sorry put if you foolish to take a swing at Hordack with that big Morningstar ... your going to pay few "Rogue Taxes" in the process ... :evil: :twisted:

And to disspell this big Myth ... I PP two things Akon's Guardian and fools making a name tryng to Kill Hordack ... Guess you pay a price when attacking me in PvP/CvC.

Love ToC so you not need to worry your on my "Buddy List"

Hordy
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

haha..Hordack to have always been on the first page of my "Cool Book" bud . You know what Im talking about , the overzealous rogues that thinks its better farming other players .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

tropiofCancer wrote: And as for people giving me the cold shoulder...
I couldn't even give you the cold shoulder if I wanted to. My girlfriend doesn't allow me much game time :(
And while she thinks my dwarf is cute...she doesn't wanna make one herself and join in the fun.
But the rules clarification was probably a good idea...and funny :)
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time