Letter to the Blackstone Keep Land and Title Office

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Re: Letter to the Blackstone Keep Land and Title Office

Post by Pharo_IK »

this is a cute little thread and yet another in a long line of thinnly veiled or sometimes blatent attempts to get under the skin of Jazelle or myself. posting such crap in the RP forum does not remove the stench or make the OP any less full of it.

it is immature, spiteful and purposeful in its malicious intent in a way that i find a very telling view into the person who initiated it.

the fact of the matter is that we have discussed the issues regardsing Starkson with Driller and Luceran and both are not only aware, but accept of the situation as it stands.
in fact, as Jaz mentioned, there are other other things going on and other plans in action. personal issues aside, we are also working on 1.69 area tileset improvements/changes and quest concepts for BSK. several of these are quests that will have interactive aspects with the guilds and also quests that have multiple outcomes based on choices geared toward good or evil and effected by class and skill.

none of these things just create themselves and we are not working on BSK projects exclusively - therefore this process takes time.

we have our own projects we are working on independent of BSK also, which i won't go into here, but combine the previous with the full schedules that Driller and Luceran have in their own lives and what you have... is appearantly... several people with lots to do... who don't seem to satisfy a select group of self-appointed server vultures.

i do not think it is an unreasonable expectation that players (and appearantly some DM's) go flap their wings and their jaws in another direction.... like one they have some actual say in... or perhaps something unreasonable and silly like put positive effort into improving the server rather than this negative BS attempt to tear parts of it down.

in short, these self-appointed server vultures have no rightful say over Starkson in any way what so ever. nor will they.

Pharo

since the nature of the OP is such as it is and a repeat of prior similar pointless and instigating posts - a lock on it would be nice.
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

// If you cannot keep it IC and you cannot keep it "civil' then don't post here. But if the Starkson wishes to take this down the OCCly path that is your choice and not mine.
**Second Letter to Land and Title Office**

Dear Sir,

If my offer is not enough please send me a counter offer some sort. Or send me some proof the Isalnd is not for sale and it has residents. I would in fact offer more gold and maybe even put in a area for the new raising Druid Group in the Keep.

Hordack the Dark "Merchant of Blackstone"

//If you wish to flame me Pharo please keep your insults of me and my friends to PM's. Becuase us "Server Vultures" as you put it so kindly are in fact the strongest current group of RPer's on this server and everyday we are working on bringing "game" back to this server and RP. IF you don't believe me ask DM Avalon, Mystic , Ease and Xeen.
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

Pharo_IK wrote:this is a cute little thread and yet another in a long line of thinnly veiled or sometimes blatent attempts to get under the skin of Jazelle or myself. posting such crap in the RP forum does not remove the stench or make the OP any less full of it.

it is immature, spiteful and purposeful in its malicious intent in a way that i find a very telling view into the person who initiated it.

the fact of the matter is that we have discussed the issues regardsing Starkson with Driller and Luceran and both are not only aware, but accept of the situation as it stands.
in fact, as Jaz mentioned, there are other other things going on and other plans in action. personal issues aside, we are also working on 1.69 area tileset improvements/changes and quest concepts for BSK. several of these are quests that will have interactive aspects with the guilds and also quests that have multiple outcomes based on choices geared toward good or evil and effected by class and skill.

none of these things just create themselves and we are not working on BSK projects exclusively - therefore this process takes time.

we have our own projects we are working on independent of BSK also, which i won't go into here, but combine the previous with the full schedules that Driller and Luceran have in their own lives and what you have... is appearantly... several people with lots to do... who don't seem to satisfy a select group of self-appointed server vultures.

i do not think it is an unreasonable expectation that players (and appearantly some DM's) go flap their wings and their jaws in another direction.... like one they have some actual say in... or perhaps something unreasonable and silly like put positive effort into improving the server rather than this negative BS attempt to tear parts of it down.

in short, these self-appointed server vultures have no rightful say over Starkson in any way what so ever. nor will they.

Pharo

since the nature of the OP is such as it is and a repeat of prior similar pointless and instigating posts - a lock on it would be nice.
As apparently a "... self-appointed server vulture ..." and perhaps the last active individual that is a citizen of Starkson, I personally find it disheartening and more than a little upsetting to head there time and time again to find it utterly vacant, to be perfectly honest. But let me tackle your statement one point at a time.
Pharo_IK wrote:this is a cute little thread and yet another in a long line of thinnly veiled or sometimes blatent attempts to get under the skin of Jazelle or myself
From an outside stand-point (and because I do not wish to entrench myself in more drama on this server than is usually my wont), Hordack would have seen that Starkson was indeed vacant and not presently in use. Since I know he has the coin, purchasing it would not be that far of a stretch, for he may put it to good use by using it to generate more beneficial RP for Blackstone. You perceive it as getting under the skin of Jazelle or yourself, Pharo, only because you are so attached to it. However, if I were to become inactive in the Dwarven Guild, I would expect the same kind of treatment, that the guild hall that I would have helped to build would be up for grabs to the highest bidder, regardless of what was presently occurring in my life at that time.
Pharo_IK wrote:the fact of the matter is that we have discussed the issues regardsing Starkson with Driller and Luceran and both are not only aware, but accept of the situation as it stands.
And that's fine. If they feel that this is the best course of action, to keep Starkson in your control, all of us will follow that mandate. However, from an in-character perspective, we do not know of Driller's nor Luceran's wishes, for they do not exist as themselves in that game. I'm sure a reply to Hordack from the Land and Title Office stating that the land of Starkson was not up for grabs would quell this situation quite readily.
Pharo_IK wrote:in fact, as Jaz mentioned, there are other other things going on and other plans in action. personal issues aside, we are also working on 1.69 area tileset improvements/changes and quest concepts for BSK. several of these are quests that will have interactive aspects with the guilds and also quests that have multiple outcomes based on choices geared toward good or evil and effected by class and skill.

And many, if not all of us, appreciate that same hard work you're putting into development. However, this is not a matter of in-game versus out-of-game perspectives, it is merely in-game. Again, I'm sure a reply to Hordack from the Land and Title Office stating that the land of Starkson was not up for grabs would quell this situation.
Pharo_IK wrote:i do not think it is an unreasonable expectation that players (and appearantly some DM's) go flap their wings and their jaws in another direction.... like one they have some actual say in... or perhaps something unreasonable and silly like put positive effort into improving the server rather than this negative BS attempt to tear parts of it down
The initial 'wing-flapping' was actually brought up by Jazelle, in my opinion (it is the post immediately following Hordack's own). I believe that you two have taken Hordack's letter to heart considering the unfortunate set of circumstances revolving around your personal lives. I will apologize personally for this minor act of insensitivity, however I hope that you do realize that this is, of course, merely a game to be played and enjoyed by all. There is no need to take it seriously.

- Self-Appointed Server Vulture, Andrun Hammertower
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

// Isn't this the 'Public Cork Board' for IC interactions?
Please people ... can we keep this IC the way Hordack started the thread
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

// Answer is NO. I answered ooc and it will stay ooc. Deal with it.
The world is a strange place.
dm_xeen1
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_xeen1 »

i am locking this thread it was supposed to be ic but as i read on it has become an ooc issue.

if you have a problem please pm a dm or the person who made the original post and refrain from doing it here on the public corkboard

thank you