DOMINATION

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: DOMINATION

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Axe Madness wrote:and from my witnessed accounts of dm intervention can be longggggggg time *Cough Vito Swift *Cough* :roll: :roll:

1 time =funny
2 times=annoyed
3 times=go hide under a rock
Correction:
It does not take long for me to ban anyone once I have something firm to go on or I arrive on the scene.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Dan8145 wrote:*Had to post really*

It's been done plenty of times before. I suggest you forget about it, and move on. Fair play to the guy/girl for dominating them and getting them to the keep...if ya can't handle a few Umgahs shame on you ;-0

I mean really..is it that big an issue?
Yes Dan its a HUGE issue. Someone spawned a single umgah in town, not more than 10-15 feet away from 3 level 40's... Can you imagine the massacre? That one umgah running wild, with no one, not even 3 level 40's to stop it? *holds breath*
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Arwaine_Sunstar wrote:alright after reading everyones posts about this i need to put in my opinion and that is that the person that did this *looks to a post between the hours of 3pm and 5pm on march 30, 2008* the person knows that what he did was uncalled for and should grow up and admit to what he or she did and get it over with instead of causing so much trouble for everyone here like they are doing i am not saying any names but i am disappointed that we have such a childish player on our server to do stupid crap like this Grow Up and act your age not your shoe size is something my dad use to tell us when we would do something wrong.
I dont know who did such a thing but I'm sure he would like to apologize for interrupting your DEEP "hello how is your day going" RP that you were so busily doing at the time of the incident. How will you make up for such a catastrophic disruption to your conversation of such important matters? *gasp*
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:If your character is evil and you have a valid reason for luring monsters as part of some RP'd chaos.....

Then you need to arrange to do this when a DM is online

....OR....

Take a moment OOC to arrange something with one of the 'good-guys' to be on hand to deal with the critter if it gets out of control.

This kind of thing can be done in a fashion that does add fun and RP to the game play.... however....

Anyone I catch luring and dumping spawn without some sort of fairplay sportmanship will be tossed in the Perma-Jail for a time to be determined on how bad a mood I am in at the time.

Myle

Now I'm not an expert on RP or anything, but I think a character who is a neutral evil Talrash Druid has RP reason to start chaos at the nearby Super Power, Blackstone Keep.

Just *my* two cents
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Axe Madness wrote: 1 time =funny
2 times=annoyed
This is about as true as it gets...and actually some of the best grammar/spelling we've seen from ol' Axe Madness. Props.

First time is funny. After that...not even a hide of 127 is gonna save you from the pending repurcussions.

On the subject of 3 lvl 40's being there...if it was a mage that rolled through, I could see some potential for havoc being wreaked. If there wasn't a mage about, I can definitely see some problems arising. Especially if those lvl 40's weren't built to take down stuff like umgah mages.

My name is Thanny, and there's 2 cents for ya.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Thanatos wrote:
Axe Madness wrote: 1 time =funny
2 times=annoyed
This is about as true as it gets...and actually some of the best grammar/spelling we've seen from ol' Axe Madness. Props.

First time is funny. After that...not even a hide of 127 is gonna save you from the pending repurcussions.

On the subject of 3 lvl 40's being there...if it was a mage that rolled through, I could see some potential for havoc being wreaked. If there wasn't a mage about, I can definitely see some problems arising. Especially if those lvl 40's weren't built to take down stuff like umgah mages.

My name is Thanny, and there's 2 cents for ya.
A mage cant cast in Town thanny :P

And MC if someone wants to do this it still needs to be arranged Via DM. Or OOC with a melee character strong enough to kill a mage.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Roland Deschain wrote:
A mage cant cast in Town thanny :P

And MC if someone wants to do this it still needs to be arranged Via DM. Or OOC with a melee character strong enough to kill a mage.
Oh yeah...that's my bad. In that case...the worst that's gonna happen is the mage will follow you around like a lost puppy dog.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Milk_Chocolate wrote:
ST_DM_Myle wrote:If your character is evil and you have a valid reason for luring monsters as part of some RP'd chaos.....

Then you need to arrange to do this when a DM is online

....OR....

Take a moment OOC to arrange something with one of the 'good-guys' to be on hand to deal with the critter if it gets out of control.

This kind of thing can be done in a fashion that does add fun and RP to the game play.... however....

Anyone I catch luring and dumping spawn without some sort of fairplay sportmanship will be tossed in the Perma-Jail for a time to be determined on how bad a mood I am in at the time.

Myle

Now I'm not an expert on RP or anything, but I think a character who is a neutral evil Talrash Druid has RP reason to start chaos at the nearby Super Power, Blackstone Keep.

Just *my* two cents
And that valid RP should start with a few moments of OOC effort to make sure things do not get out of control during this process.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Morgan
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan »

Milk_Chocolate wrote:

Just *my* two cents
Might need refreshing on this rule, but wouldn't this kinda fit into the RP PvP consent catagory? Just because said person used a third party (Umgah) to fight, and thus didn't get their own hands dirty, doesn't excuse the lack of respect for fellow players. If this kind of person needs to spice up their playing time, I'd suggest running naked through the Bloodcult stronghold with a bag over their head instead of pulling immature pranks- Either that or RP with the people they are RP'ing against.

And that's another few cents for the growing pile...
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

lol yeah, I can see some potential for additional problems occuring. Namely the kill-stealing rule.

Now...let's suppose that you are running through the city with said Umgah in tow. And let's say a PC brings down said umgah. I mean, if it were me, I'm going to invoke the kill-stealing rule and bring him down under the pretense that I was actually trying to kill him and he just happened to follow me into the city....MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Disclaimer to Myle: Please note that I would never, under *nearly-all circumstances, engage in such trickery.

Disclaimer to the Disclaimer: by "nearly-all", I mean that there may be one or two circumstances, but I they could probably be justified.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Well could be worse they could of brought a Blood Cult to town right?

Oh so pretty I'm pushing shift.

Oh by the way my spelling is normally right on. (Firefox corrects spelling for you 8) )
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Axe Madness wrote:Well could be worse they could of brought a Blood Cult to town right?

Oh so pretty I'm pushing shift.

Oh by the way my spelling is normally right on. (Firefox corrects spelling for you 8) )
Sweet Jeebus, that looks pretty. With some comma action in there, we could have our next Pulitzer winner 8)
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Final Conclusion....

The server has rules regarding PvP.

Dominating an NPC as a tool to violate or circumvent the PvP rules is an exploit. Unless the PC in question takes the OOC steps I mentioned before, their actions will be treated like an exploit.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©