Stacking soak and reduction

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

GoVols
Count
Count

Re: Stacking soak and reduction

Post by GoVols »

Hmmmmmmm. 7 pages of posts debating what? There should not be any changes made currently due to the fact someone came across their counter foe. There isn't a PC character out there that cannot be beat by another PC, it just has to be the scissors vs. the paper.

Yes, you can get alot of slashing immunity. So what if you face someone with rapiers, morningstars, warhammers? You can go for the average for all types and the most you can get would be in the 20-25% range for all. You also have to get gear for specific creatures.

Making wide sweeping server changes to damages, immunities, etc. could also require wide sweeping monster changes as well.

Until you see PC's that are unkillable, then things are not out of balance. Just because someone resists your weapon type does not mean the will resist them all. Believe me, every singe PC build has a weakness and can be beat by another well built PC. You just have to find it.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

exactly! well said
=D> =D> =D>
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

[quote="GoVols"]Hmmmmmmm. 7 pages of posts debating what? There should not be any changes made currently due to the fact someone came across their counter foe.

I guess I gotta reinterate what I said before once again . "Someones Counter Foe" isnt the point . Its about server balance . Time and time again someone makes the same claim about it being that someone doesnt like that their toon doesnt do the damage they want . Me myself I been here a little over 3 years and have acquired some rare stones w/ "Crushing Blow " properties . Put on all the slash gear they/it wants and its not going to matter so point made . Amber or not any character can be beat by an opposing build thats not the topic , the topic is Damage Reduction and Immunities . Being able to get 100% Immunity to anything is ridiculous.
And Luceran , your right . Its got nothing to do with the BSK story line But then again neither does True sight being reduced to a skill bonus or for that matter Dev Crit being disabled (although I do agree on that one) . Melees have always in my opinion been neutered on the server and I've known for a long time that it caters to sneaker and caster classes , I am also cool with that . I play here mainly for the people that play here and well developed areas .
I participated in this thread because I wanted to bring to light a flaw I saw in the game mechanics nothing more , It was mostly met with negativity and It will be my last post on anything to do with game mechanics or suggestions . As a matter of fact I recind it all , keep it as it is . Game On.
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Mah man, the TOC...well said. Don't quit posting or suggesting. Hell, ALL my ideas get shot down...though my suggestions usually involve my own Unibomber shack, personal theme music, and pancakes.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

tropiofCancer wrote:

the topic is Damage Reduction and Immunities . Being able to get 100% Immunity to anything is ridiculous.
And Luceran , your right . Its got nothing to do with the BSK story line But then again neither does True sight being reduced to a skill bonus or for that matter Dev Crit being disabled (although I do agree on that one) . Melees have always in my opinion been neutered on the server and I've known for a long time that it caters to sneaker and caster classes , I am also cool with that . I play here mainly for the people that play here and well developed areas .
I participated in this thread because I wanted to bring to light a flaw I saw in the game mechanics nothing more , It was mostly met with negativity and It will be my last post on anything to do with game mechanics or suggestions . As a matter of fact I recind it all , keep it as it is . Game On.
There's no reason to get testy. There are many things in this game (NWN, not BSK mod) that are ridiculous and have to be tweaked to make more playable. Having 100% immunity to anything being ridiculous is your opinion and we are all entitled to them. Many people think Timestop stopping the server is ridiculous, immunity to knockdown, harm, and many other game things are also crazy in many people's eyes. I guess the difference in opinion is I don't see how you choosing if you want to have alot of immunity to a specific type of damage or spread it around creates imbalances. Since you can pick and choose what you want, the gear that gets crafted constantly changes based off what the current trend is weapons is. We have seen longsword, rapier, warhammer, and the latest morningstar trends come and go. If was truely imbalanced everyone would shift to 1 type of build/weapon and stay there and not keep changing....atleast that's how I see it.

I'm in no way the final say around here, just an opinion the same as you. There's no reason to say you won't post any opinion ever because we differ.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

GoVols wrote:
tropiofCancer wrote:

the topic is Damage Reduction and Immunities . Being able to get 100% Immunity to anything is ridiculous.
There's no reason to get testy. There are many things in this game (NWN, not BSK mod) that are ridiculous and have to be tweaked to make more playable. Having 100% immunity to anything being ridiculous is your opinion and we are all entitled to them. Many people think Timestop stopping the server is ridiculous, immunity to knockdown, harm, and many other game things are also crazy in many people's eyes. I guess the difference in opinion is I don't see how you choosing if you want to have alot of immunity to a specific type of damage or spread it around creates imbalances. Since you can pick and choose what you want, the gear that gets crafted constantly changes based off what the current trend is weapons is. We have seen longsword, rapier, warhammer, and the latest morningstar trends come and go. If was truely imbalanced everyone would shift to 1 type of build/weapon and stay there and not keep changing....atleast that's how I see it.

I'm in no way the final say around here, just an opinion the same as you. There's no reason to say you won't post any opinion ever because we differ.
*blinks* Your not the final word GoVols? ... *checks notes* But it says here in my marching orders ... *reads* "GoVols is the final authority on all subjects.... an... yes... unless.. oh... yes. Unless he is trying to convince someone that he is not. .... Seems there is a special note on the bottom... Notice: Do not quote any of this on the forums unless GoVols forwards written permission."

Opps. Sorry about that.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle