Extra Ranged Damage Type

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Extra Ranged Damage Type

Post by Roland Deschain »

Alright, I have looked for a definition on exactly what this means, but have not found what I am looking for.

If someone knows what, or how much damage this adds I would appreciate the information.

All I know is that you can add extra damage, Bludge, slashing, and piercing.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Aegis
Knight
Knight

Re: Extra Ranged Damage Type

Post by Aegis »

Hope this help's:
Have not tested them in nwn2, but in nwn1 at most patch levels they made the base weapon damage multiple types for purposes of bypassing DR. So for example attacking someone with 5/ vs piercing with a bow that had extra damagetype slashing would make the bow bypass the DR.

[ at some patches, cannot anymore rember what it was, it would actually pick the worst type thus with only 5/ slashing resitant creature and that bow from above would get damage reduced by 5.. ]
Original Source
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Aegis wrote:Hope this help's:
Have not tested them in nwn2, but in nwn1 at most patch levels they made the base weapon damage multiple types for purposes of bypassing DR. So for example attacking someone with 5/ vs piercing with a bow that had extra damagetype slashing would make the bow bypass the DR.

[ at some patches, cannot anymore rember what it was, it would actually pick the worst type thus with only 5/ slashing resitant creature and that bow from above would get damage reduced by 5.. ]
Original Source
Thanks for the reply, I had assumed this was what it did but wanted to be sure.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

That's wrong. Extra Ranged Dmg: [insert dmg type here] is for bypassing damage IMMUNITY.

Example:

I have a mundane longbow with the extra ranged dmg: bludgeoning property.

If I attack an opponent with 100% piercing dmg immunity, my bow is suddenly considered a bludgeoning weapon. They take full dmg.

If I attack a palemaster (in this server) my attack does bonus dmg because its considered a bludgeoning weapon (because PMs take extra bludg. dmg here).

Extra Ranged Dmg *Does not* bypass dmg reduction or dmg resistance, but who cares, since dmg immunity can stack and really mess up your damage.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Milk_Chocolate wrote:That's wrong. Extra Ranged Dmg: [insert dmg type here] is for bypassing damage IMMUNITY.

Example:

If I attack an opponent with 100% piercing dmg immunity, my bow is suddenly considered a bludgeoning weapon. They take full dmg.

If I attack a palemaster (in this server) my attack does bonus dmg because its considered a bludgeoning weapon (because PMs take extra bludg. dmg here).

Extra Ranged Dmg *Does not* bypass dmg reduction or dmg resistance, but who cares, since dmg immunity can stack and really mess up your damage.

Ahhhh the real reason I wanted to know about the what extra ranged damage did. I tried to test it but wasnt able to get the immunities I wanted to..... I should''ve just pulled my test mod up and tested it there instead of trying to test it on bsk. *thumps self in forehead*
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Roland Deschain wrote:
Milk_Chocolate wrote:That's wrong. Extra Ranged Dmg: [insert dmg type here] is for bypassing damage IMMUNITY.

Example:

Ahhhh the real reason I wanted to know about the what extra ranged damage did. I tried to test it but wasnt able to get the immunities I wanted to..... I should''ve just pulled my test mod up and tested it there instead of trying to test it on bsk. *thumps self in forehead*
I'll log on later and you can test your damage...just like all your other test builds.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time