Gods discussion

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Gods discussion

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Andrun wrote:
ST_DM_Myle wrote://This responce is based on the presumption that the marraige temple of BSK is overseen by a trio of clergy- one of each of the major gods. LOL... we may have to figure out his the clergy thing in the temple works now... thanks alot Hordy... lol
//of course if you want to forgo all this and just wash your hands of it - not a problem-just say the word. I just thought I'd toss something in.
//I hate to hijack an IC rp-thread, however if it is at all possible, can some of us discuss how the Gods work in BSK? I mean outside of their scripted benefits of course. Seeing as how Andrun is quite the devout individual, I'd like it if I were to have some hard facts to back up my perpetual state of ad-libbing.
I deleted the above post that Andrun left in a RP post of Hordack's. I repost it here because I feel his post *is* valid even if improperly submitted.

Let me start by saying that Driller has purposefully left many things about the servers gods open and unanswered. There are many reasons for this, but the most important is that mortals are not meant to fully undertand the plans of gods. Make no mistake - every PC is mortal - regardless of your claimed RP. Even those who were approved to play children of one diety or another are playing mortal characters.

What I will offer is to fill in the gaps or questions based on what has been habit, tradition or established RP up until this point..... but be aware that the affairs of the gods are on a scale and sense beyond what can/may/will be reasonable or expected by their followers. Followers almost always insert their own ideals and goals onto their deity of choice. Within BSK that also holds true.

Also... I am not the be all, end all of knowledge regarding the deities here. I may defer to others with more first hand experience from time to time.

So: ask your questions :)

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Re: Gods discussion

Post by Jazelle »

Ok why and I visioning the chamber room for the Wizard of Oz right now?
The world is a strange place.
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:I deleted the above post that Andrun left in a RP post of Hordack's. I repost it here because I feel his post *is* valid even if improperly submitted.

Let me start by saying that Driller has purposefully left many things about the servers gods open and unanswered. There are many reasons for this, but the most important is that mortals are not meant to fully undertand the plans of gods. Make no mistake - every PC is mortal - regardless of your claimed RP. Even those who were approved to play children of one diety or another are playing mortal characters.

What I will offer is to fill in the gaps or questions based on what has been habit, tradition or established RP up until this point..... but be aware that the affairs of the gods are on a scale and sense beyond what can/may/will be reasonable or expected by their followers. Followers almost always insert their own ideals and goals onto their deity of choice. Within BSK that also holds true.

Also... I am not the be all, end all of knowledge regarding the deities here. I may defer to others with more first hand experience from time to time.

So: ask your questions :)

Myle
One of the big questions I have in regards to this is what we mortals do understand of the plans of the Gods. For example, what would Vor tell his followers about Himself. Would he tell those who follow him to vanquish evil at every turn, would he tell them to protect those who are unable to protect themselves, etc. Is it an amalgamation between different "schools of thought"? And you could remove Vor's name in this and replace it with Lia, Kazra, Eon, or any of the lesser Gods asking very much the same questions. Maybe someone could set down a loose set of guidelines regarding the pantheon of Blackstone?
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Vor has usually been represented as a god that has a light switch. Usually he is peaceful, kind and pretty much the example of a gentle father figure who prefers to teach by example. ... If something ticks him off though, he jumps on his high horse (which he can do literally now.. haha) and does the powerranger dance into smite mode. ... Much like a usually kind yet firm father is prone to do on a long car ride when the kids press the wrong nerve, he jerks the car to the road side and then tans their backsides. He is not much for 'in between' moods.

That is the modernistic overview...

In practice, his priests (should) teach that forgiveness, generousity and a strong work ethic are all key to happiness for onesself and ones nieghbor. The concept of turn the other cheek is alive and well in the Vorite faith.

The church does, however, advocate that followers should be able and willing to defend themselves, their family, nieghbors and beliefs if called on to do so. One should not rush to battle in the heat of pride if walking away can solve the matter, but if conflict is unavoidable - one should struggle to succeed.

The followers of Vor are expected to adhear to a sense of fairness even in times of conflict and should withdraw from battle as soon as victory is secure. While many vorite PC followers, and some NPC's, are avengers - the mindset that allows one to work toward and commit an act of vengence is not in keeping with the teaching of the church.

Tolerance is also taught as highly valued within the belief structure.... even though many Vorites are often very intolerant and judgemental of "evil races".

In a sense, the 'ideal vorite' would be a hard working pacifist at heart who also possesed the will and skill to wield a holy sword with an amber forgey on it when necessary.

This is not to say that he would refuse to grant spells or blessings to trumped-up uber Pallies who smited people for the least offence.. and this is where some of the complication comes into light.. In truth, other members of the faith should be commited to teaching vigilanty members of their church the importance of patience, kindness and tolerance, but too often (especially amoung PC's) those present follow the example of the most militant representative present.

Have I helped any or just added to confusion?

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Have I helped any or just added to confusion?

Myle
Yes. Although a bit contradictory (pacifist wielding an amber sword), I understand what you mean by it all. And honestly, Vor was just an example. That God has always seemed rather cut-and-dry for me, mostly because when I started on BSK and asked around, people were easily able to point me in the right direction. What I am more curious about is Eon, Lia, Kazra... and of course, the 'lower pantheon' of Gods. Not as many people speak of them.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Andrun wrote:
ST_DM_Myle wrote:Have I helped any or just added to confusion?

Myle
Yes. Although a bit contradictory (pacifist wielding an amber sword), I understand what you mean by it all. And honestly, Vor was just an example. That God has always seemed rather cut-and-dry for me, mostly because when I started on BSK and asked around, people were easily able to point me in the right direction. What I am more curious about is Eon, Lia, Kazra... and of course, the 'lower pantheon' of Gods. Not as many people speak of them.
Well... pick the next one then and I will give it a go.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Here's just a few questions I've had since the beginning of my gaming career:

Does Lia actually have a tramp stamp on her lower back?

How many one-liners can Kazra actually say at the expense of others in a day? And in addition to that, how many Kazrites actually have the Dark Lord's blessing in all their rampant nonsense? (if I'm right, those answers should be like the complete opposite)

Does Vor still like pancakes?

What determines Eon's sexuality and gender on any given day?
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Gibbo wrote:Here's just a few questions I've had since the beginning of my gaming career:

Does Lia actually have a tramp stamp on her lower back?

How many one-liners can Kazra actually say at the expense of others in a day? And in addition to that, how many Kazrites actually have the Dark Lord's blessing in all their rampant nonsense? (if I'm right, those answers should be like the complete opposite)

Does Vor still like pancakes?

What determines Eon's sexuality and gender on any given day?
Lia actually has "Thanatos" tattoo'ed on her back.

Kazra is limited to 243 one-liners per day. I think the Kazrites have secluded themselves to playing "Go Fish" somewhere in the underdark.

Vor has swapped over to Crepes.

Eon uses a magic 8 Ball to decide at the beginning of every day.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Ok, I'll buy that. Next set:

Why is the priestess in the Oasis Lian temple naked? (I expect to see an increase in male-Lians now)

How many Kazrites does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

If Vor had a design on his boxer briefs, what would it be?

Even though Eon is a god/goddess of indifference and uncaring, why does his/her followers always get ph4t 1337 l00t drops after each rest?
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Gibbo wrote:Ok, I'll buy that. Next set:

Why is the priestess in the Oasis Lian temple naked? (I expect to see an increase in male-Lians now)

How many Kazrites does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

If Vor had a design on his boxer briefs, what would it be?

Even though Eon is a god/goddess of indifference and uncaring, why does his/her followers always get ph4t 1337 l00t drops after each rest?
The priestess is naked to draw more male-Lians. Not everyone knows the way there however.

The Kazrites can't screw in the lightbulb because they're playing "Go Fish"....forever.

Vor's design would likely be a sled with "Rosebud" written above it.

Eon is the god of indifference or uncaring. He/she doesn't care who's following...they get the ph47 1337 l007 arbitrarily.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Nice to see a thread founded with the intent to be informative for players end up getting spammed with silliness and attention seeking behavior.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©