What we should see from DM's

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Alamore-Threepwood
Count
Count

What we should see from DM's

Post by Alamore-Threepwood »

Alright, in this post, I am not going to name any names, and do not wish to get anyone in trouble, I just want to see what we should expect from our DM's, and so now I will explain as to what happened.
We have 4 people in this story, DM, Guild member A, Guild Member B, and Guild Member C.
So, Guild members A - C find DM by the tree, the DM staits he wishes to help another guild , and so Guild member B, not being of friendly status with other said guild, asks the DM to go out side, now, this is all done IC as far as I was able to tell. So, DM goes into pawn shop, and Guild member A - C go outside to wait, while waiting, they get bored, and Guild Member A suggests that one of them get naked, run through town, and try to get people out of town so they can rob them of 20 gold. So, guild Member B removes clothing, runs up black stone road, takes about 6 steps, then dies. Waits 5 or 10 seconds before the DM that killed him brings him back to life. DM asks what happened, Guild Member B casts the stunning hand that does 0 damage, because he wishes to get information from him. Guild Member B says Now, then Guild Member A attacks DM. DM kills guild member A, B, And C, Guild Member C was brought back by Lia, then killed again. Now, as you can read, Guild Member C has done nothing. After about 2 minutes of waiting, Guilds Members A - C are finaly rezed by spectators, and DM states that if we do that again, we will be sent to jail. So, Guild Member A - C, once more, get bored, so Guild Member A and B run through Blackstone Road, Zombie Road, and Pasture, then into town, and begin RP with a character in the party, trying to convince them that their clothing had been stolen. Then Guild Member A and B are sent to jail, Guild Member A says some unchoicly things to the DM, and is put into prison for 5 months, and also threatened with a perma ban, while guild member B sits and waits 10 minutes, asking if he can have Guild Member A's stuff, and is told no by the DM, and sent back into a part of the desert, Azrial Camp I think, and uses a portal to get out. Now, I am not saying bad things about EVERYTHING the DM did, the 5 months, and the killing of Guild Member A is understandable, and can be justified, killing of guild member B is fuzzy, and killing of Guild Member C was not needed at all. And the sending to jail was also, I feel, unneeded, but I would love to hear from you DM's what your feeling is on this, so that way I can better understand what I should expect from DM's.
Yes, I know, you think all of my suggestion are stupid, but you know what, there is nothing wrong with adding an action server feeling to a role playing server.

If your not worth a good laugh, your worth nothing at all.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Re: What we should see from DM's

Post by Roland Deschain »

Guilty by association. That is the response you are gonna get. Guild member C should have left the area when guild members A & B started DEFYING a DM. All of those involved were warned that if they did it again they would be sent to jail.......... Guess the DM wasn't kidding.

So Unless guild member C was Not in the area and was not encouraging the other members to do what they did then he got what was coming.

If he was not in the area and was not saying "he man do it again" in party chat then anything happening to him would have been unfair
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I know well what happen and you are really cutting it to a fine line. There is more to it and the DM was well in their rights. Face it you screwed up and now you have to take your punishment. Suggestion is deal with it and don't make it a drama fest in the forums. First off cussing out a DM gets you and those with you auto ban anyway. And the DM you went after does not take any guff from anyone. End of story do your time and learn to behave next time. As for person C they can go to PMs and talk to the DM. This matter really needs to be delt with in PMs.
The world is a strange place.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

being that im more then sure guild member A is my brother -_- i'll need some kind of warning before perma ban snice it well kill me and my cousin to #-o #-o #-o #-o
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Axe Madness wrote:being that im more then sure guild member A is my brother -_- i'll need some kind of warning before perma ban snice it well kill me and my cousin to #-o #-o #-o #-o
Several suggestions here:

Do not share computers
Do not share passwords
Do not share copies of NWN and the Key Codes... buy your own.
Use a different computer and don't let the others touch yours.

In game. When a DM is dealing with person "A" who is being a problem suggestion is to LEAVE the area and leave party. Make sure you are not being associated with the issue at hand. That is the best way to have the DM not ban you by association. Telling person "A" to stop helps too. As does PMing the DM and talking to them about the issue. If you are in the wrong accepting the punishment.

Hell I have been banned, didn't like it any and yes I talked about it in PMs not on open forum, instead I just rped the banning intot he storyline and took the ban. I did not return until the person who banned me told me it was alright, then being the sturburn person I am I stayed off for a extra week. Still over all I did accept the banning and did not make a fuss about it in the forums. I have also once been banned due to a happening I had no control over that again was worked out in e-mail and PMs.
The world is a strange place.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

*feels good that he has never been banned or put in Jail on BSK and feels proud of that fact*

*goes back to the shadow's and hides from the DM's before he gets noticed*
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"