Aaaargh!!! >_<

This forum is for those interested in discussing NWN scripting.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Aaaargh!!! >_<

Post by Mer`Zikain »

NWN keeps telling me my mod is "possibly corrupt" >_<

It opens fine in the toolset but I can't test it. Any ideas what could be wrong? Before it started doing that I copied some objects from one location and put them in multiple locations (for a rune gate system) and then created a bunch of new areas and monsters. Just normal stuff. Even after I removed all of those things it still says it's corrupt. I saved as a new file and still no good, even tried exporting everything and reimporting it into a new file and that didn't work either. So I'm assuming it was something I've created at some point but I have no clue what that would be.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aaaargh!!! >_<

Post by driller »

Try removing the area you last worked on.

-driller
Mer`Zikain wrote:NWN keeps telling me my mod is "possibly corrupt" >_<

It opens fine in the toolset but I can't test it. Any ideas what could be wrong? Before it started doing that I copied some objects from one location and put them in multiple locations (for a rune gate system) and then created a bunch of new areas and monsters. Just normal stuff. Even after I removed all of those things it still says it's corrupt. I saved as a new file and still no good, even tried exporting everything and reimporting it into a new file and that didn't work either. So I'm assuming it was something I've created at some point but I have no clue what that would be.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Try that suggestion, or appeal to your mod's natural goodness and attempt to bring it back from the Dark Side.

Sometimes I've found that placing too many placeables near each other causes the entire area to corrupt. Could explain why you're having trouble.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

That is why backups are a good thing. Also when I start editing a mod I will copy it right off the bat as the next version. Then I can save it directly any time and never affect the previous version. So if I get a glitched area due to a crash I can just delete it in toolset and re erf it back in from other previous version. Yea I have a ton of copies but I don't loose all that much.
The world is a strange place.
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

I already tried removing areas I created after the last time I tested and that didn't help. So I then went through and removed all of the placables I added and again nothing changed. I've even gone so far as to delete every area except for the three necessary ones and STILL nothing worked. I have no clue what the problem is but it's highly upsetting that it seems I"ll have to completely remake my module. I can export stuff and use some of thing things I want to keep and remake others but it's just a huge pain in the ass to do so :P