Gamespy Authentication Issues

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Luceran
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gamespy Authentication Issues

Post by Luceran »

FYI...

Until GS authentication issues are corrected, BSK will not allow general logons. This is due to a security feature on BSK to ensure the integrity of the accounts on the server should GS authentication be circumvented.

Drill and I worked a bit on ways to work around this security feature without risking the player accounts but in all cases such a work around opened up the account to potential security threats. Both of us firmly agreed that this risk was not worth the reward.

Bottom line...until GS issues are corrected, kick back, have a cold one and catch up on all of the things that you're supposed to be doing ;-).

Thank you,

Luc...
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Good call. Better safe than sorry.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This issue was resolved btw.

-driller
Shadow_Nightfall
Baron
Baron
Location: In the shadows bare, watching as you shed a tear for me

Post by Shadow_Nightfall »

the proof is in the server having 10+ players instead of 1-3
;)
<<The all powerful fire-breathing dragon!

warm winds, burning flame, a tear drops, I'll be the one to blame; summer themes, Amber Demonchild, burning coals, emotional moments halfway mild