Items

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Items

Post by Mer`Zikain »

Lately I have noticed that at least one item is missing from the game. At least from it's customary spot in the adamantine/socket shop. The socket viewing item seems to have gone AWOL. Is there a reason it was removed? People have mentioned there are helmets with more than one socket on them but I've only ever had helmets with 1 and wanted to use the item to check some others instead of wasting socket gems in experimentation.

Also, I hate to be a pest or drege up something that has probably died a long time ago, I noticed that the rate of healing item drops has been drastically reduced. That really sucks because healing items are expensive when you need cure crit and the +10 healing kits. And they're a lot like pringles when you have to use them; once you pop you can't stop. ^^;

Is there a shop that sells potions of heal? They're expensive too but at least they fully heal you instead of just giving like 50hp. When you're getting pummeled for 100 hp per round that just doesn't cut it.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

The socket examining tool stopped working after driller updated the socket system but they were still available in stores until recently. As for healing items, I would recommend hiring a cleric to scribe some scrolls of Greater Restoration. Full HP healing and no UMD or caster levels needed.
The only constant is change.
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

Cool I'll give that a shot.

Any word on if there is going to be an updated viewing object?
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

No shop sells heal potions other wise you'd already know about it from others by now.

Caesius gives you one option, but I feel a better option is heal kits if your willing to spend some skill points in the skill. Having a good hide skill and a level or more in SD you can use heal kits to recover whilst not getting hit.

A +1 heal kit with 30 heal points does 51 heal at the cost of only 76 gold or less depending on your appraise skill from Maiden tavern dwarf. A lot better than going down the crossraods merchants and paying 900 gold a shot for a potion that does only 39 points of healing, and getting smacked at the same time.
hang_on
Knight
Knight

Post by hang_on »

Something that's killing newbies is the lack of KD immunity. It's practically a requirement at level 20. Theres like the amulet of the avatar, which doesnt sell anymore, dragon slippers, those are pretty hard to get a hold of, and blackstone shield, which isn't so common either.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
I was here
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

thought I would throw this at you before someone else lays it on you fat. for KD immunity, take discipline! -.- I find it funny that the amount of monsters that do KD has not changed, but the rarety of KD immunity items has gone significantly out of control! most people might as well not make monk characters because you are not able to use the only KD item that you can still actually find ((bloodshield)). it's getting way out of hand but that's just my $.02
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

I've been wondering if there isn't a problem with the drop code. Yeah I know, "oh no another person bitchin about the drops". That's not the case. The reason I bring that up is because there have been about 20 seperate occasions where I've heard the gong drop sound after killing something yet nothing dropped and many other times that I've heard the sound yet what dropped was hardly gong worthy (something like a handaxe with 1d4 cold damage).

Listening to the combat music for the area to make sure shows me that it's not just a coincidence of the creaturing dying at the right time in the battle tune. Is there a problem or is it just a left over from before the last update to the system that is getting triggered when it shouldn't even be there anymore?
hang_on
Knight
Knight

Post by hang_on »

You can take discipline, and you'd still get kd constantly. Atleast at the higher level areas. Such as umgahs. :?
I was here
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

discipline is almost useless get somthing like 45 at lvl40 if you do not take feats for more you still get disarmed in one shot and kded in a second if you don't have immunity those skill points are dead wieght :roll:
hang_on
Knight
Knight

Post by hang_on »

Yes. . . It's a real bummer. :cry:
I was here
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

I know I was being sarcastic, sorry I didn't make it more obvious ^_^ but yeah I agree completely!
hang_on
Knight
Knight

Post by hang_on »

Right, I knew that. 8)
I was here
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

Anyway, back to the point. :P

Is there a known problem with the drop script or what?
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

Axe Madness wrote:discipline is almost useless get somthing like 45 at lvl40 if you do not take feats for more you still get disarmed in one shot and kded in a second if you don't have immunity those skill points are dead wieght :roll:
71 Discipline and you're immune to Umgah Elite's knockdown. - They have the highest attack bonus of the foes with said combat-feature.

3 Skill Focus, 43 ranks, 10 Epic Skill focus, Greater gloves of Discipline +6, Galahad's Shield +4 and a combination of Mirth Gauntlets - giving you access to Greater Bull's Strength, potion of bull's strength and a Pale Blue Ioun Stone, you'd easily get + 12 magical strength modifier, giving you, in worst case, + 4 to Discipline.

With this, presuming your base strength is 6, you have 70 Discipline.