Blackstone Poll

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Blackstone Keep is...

...like a fine wine, it gets better with each passing day.
43%
...like an old rock band that has forgotten the sound that made them a success.
57%

Total votes: 69

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

warlock wrote:
Trudes wrote:Fondly remembers the day when a huge war occured between the kazrites and the goodies. It was at the great chasm in the oasis, there must have been at least 30 players involved, one team each side of the divide.

leaders organised their army, archers placed to the rear, sneakers sent across the bridge to spy on the other team, traps layed for their approach, Dm's played the gods them selves, Kazra leading his army.

All hell broke loose, it was soooo much fun, 30 odd people playing together :D

Gawd many a time we had wars at Scara brae (however u spell that) it was like fireworks lol

happy day's when did it stop?
When Driller got to many e-mails about players being PKed.
I blame the one who PKed the players!
So basically... just you and Dread?
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

ValentianNizzle wrote:
warlock wrote:
Trudes wrote:Fondly remembers the day when a huge war occured between the kazrites and the goodies. It was at the great chasm in the oasis, there must have been at least 30 players involved, one team each side of the divide.

leaders organised their army, archers placed to the rear, sneakers sent across the bridge to spy on the other team, traps layed for their approach, Dm's played the gods them selves, Kazra leading his army.

All hell broke loose, it was soooo much fun, 30 odd people playing together :D

Gawd many a time we had wars at Scara brae (however u spell that) it was like fireworks lol

happy day's when did it stop?
When Driller got to many e-mails about players being PKed.
Yes and no... there were others who pointlessly PK'd and not all of them were "evil" characters.
There were a few jerks who pk'd who played "good" characters also.

While Warlock and Dread contributed their fair share, they were not alone and contrary to common rumor, they were not the worst offenders in every catagory. Generally.... these two are only dangerous when bored.... but don't quote me on this or they may try to prove me wrong just to say they were able to prove me wrong...

lol

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

killtspar wrote:I think that this is all based on perception. I have played on many servers over the last several years. What I notice is that the new players will like a variety of "features" but also have complaints about things they "want". Some of those wants are things they had seen on other servers while others they may simply just dream of. On the converse, the old-school player base of a server continually wants to make things essentially tougher. Why? Because to them, the server is getting old or boring or whatnot. Again, this is perception. To the new potential players, if things start getting too tough, then they can barely get started and it becomes a deterent to even bother with the server. The difficult part is to make the old-school player base and the new players both happy. Doing so is a balance and it's a balance that the old-school players, the new players and the DM's all need to always think about. It's easier said than done in most cases. I have personally witnessed the demise of a couple of servers due to the lack of this balance, which is unfortunate because both of those server were pretty good in their own ways. This server seems to be pretty decent as well. That is, of course, the perspective of a new player. ;-)
I think there is a missunderstanding. I do not think we need to make any of the areas harder. There is a GREAT progression in the design. I was simply talking about the culture of BSK. We (Driller, DMs and mostely the community) needs to reestablish the old BSK. Because this new watered down version of BSK is becoming boring and this has nothing to do with the mobs. It has everything to do with US!
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote:
warlock wrote: When Driller got to many e-mails about players being PKed.
Yes and no... there were others who pointlessly PK'd and not all of them were "evil" characters.

While Warlock and Dread contributed their fair share, they were not alone and contrary to common rumor, they were not the worst offenders in every catagory. Generally.... these two are only dangerous when bored.... but don't quote me on this or they may try to prove me wrong just to say they were able to prove me wrong...

lol

Myle
"only dangerous when borad" LOL that was a good one... I wonder what a bored DM is capable of. lol
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote:
warlock wrote: When Driller got to many e-mails about players being PKed.

lol

Myle
lol
Blackstone Keep Veteran
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

yeah, we need the old keep back...

you could level just fine, my first char i had here got to level 35 before i just simply got bored with him and built a new guy.
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Just to let you know I did a lot of work today on this. I completed most of the area restructuring.

Monster CR adjustments, mob/item nerfs and quest changes are next.

Yes I am slow and lazy.

But the good thing is that I did the work while listening to Basil Poledorus music, which of course will make it all good.

-driller
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

"Conan! What is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of their women."
The only constant is change.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Absolutely.

-driller
Caesius wrote:"Conan! What is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of their women."