Local Client Log?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Local Client Log?

Post by halfogre0520 »

Hey, does anyone know how to create/read a log on the client side so I can check kills and treasure collected without having to keep a clipboard next to my keyboard? There must be a way to activate a text log of a character's activities. I know on the server side the logs are automatically generated.

Thanks for any help.
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

I know it can be done for the chat log via the player.ini file options so perhaps if you changed the panal to a combined panal by clicking the little arrow on top of the lchat log box this maybe possible.

Its a long time since I had to do anything like that so I forget all the possible options in the player.ini file.

One thing to be aware of though is each time you play NWN it wipes the log file and starts afresh. So on exiting NWN you need to save the log file as something else (ie. rename it or actually use save-as option).
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

AHA! Found it.

In the nwnplayer.ini file is a setting:

ClientEntireChatWindowLogging=1

QN2 was right, the chat windows have to be joined for the log to show correctly but this is wondrous! ON TO TESTING PART 2!
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Glad to help just keep up the interesting stuff your compiling.... :D
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

You can use the NWN Log catcher and it will record all your logs, so that it will not overwrite each time you reboot NWN.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle