The Leviathan Brotherhood Odysseys

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

The Leviathan Brotherhood Odysseys

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~ Giggling of a child could be heard faintly. The scene focused an it was aboard a glorius military ship. Soliders wandered around the ship about their business as a little girl with black hair ran around giggling with arms out stretched. A woman following not too far behind her with her arms out trying to grab at the child. The woman was dressed in a long sheer layered dress that was only over one shoulder. She ran around in circles calling out the girls name as the girl just kept on going while giggling. As the woman stopped from getting dizzy, she fanned herself while the child soon started weaving in and around the soliders. Giggling as she went but, was careful not to touch anything. Her eyes were a bright sparkling blue and her smile could make anyones heart rejoyce with kindess. As a few soliders played the little game in chasing after her she saw her mother. ~

~ The woman fanning herself as she stood staring up at the clouds rolling by in the sky now, one hand on her hip while the hair that reached down below her waste softly blew untamed. The child watched her beautiful mother as she now hide behind the mast. Staring as if awe struck and then she was gone. Gone before her very eyes and then she felt it. The hands around her body as she screamed almost as if someone had just stabbed her. Her eyes watered up as she turned around in the arms of her now capturer. Seeing her mother's face she just burried her face into the neck of her. Snuggling in as she held on with her little arms. The angelic woman sang to her such a serene soothing song as she began to walk back to the Captain's quarters with her in her arms.~

~ The mother briefly looked up to the Captain her husband and love, an as the child wiggled again in her arms her eyes went back to look at her daughter, petting her silky hair as she whispered ~

" Shhh, its alright little Kai "

~ All went black and Kai felt the feel of her bed again. Was it over? An when did she pass out again? She tried to think back as she knew she opened her eyes after the slap to the face. Though it was only short lived, it was groggy at best. An even though she had a intelligent through wishing it all had been a dream something happened to where it had just been too much. An Kai's head dropped once more, she didn't see Dallas show up, nor Shamoke. ~

~ So now she awoke in her bed. Which was interrupted in the sweet silence of Hellion charging at the door to break it to get in. He trotted past Shamoke and Dallas, with his eyes burning as smoke rolled from his nostrils he seemed thankful they were there but he didn't trust any man around his mistress. He pawed until he jumped to the bed and laid right beside her as if it was his right. He rested his head on her stomach an looked up at her with softer eyes than he had given the men. ~

~ Taking in a deep breath as she focused her eyes at all of them now, resting her hands over Hellion as if he was her most prized possession. ~

" Hmm and where were you? "

~ She said in a gruffy state, as she smiled to him afterwards then caught the smell of blood. Her eyes went to Hellion to over look him then to Dallas an then to Shamoke. They did not see too injured an then she nuzzled her head against her pillow which was slightly wet. Glancing back the pillow behind her head was stained with her blood from the bonk on the head. Which didn't seem to phase Kai anymore. ~

" Hmm "

~ She stared at it then thought of how she passed out. Kai wondered if it was the regeneration properties she held that might have shut her down to heal it quicker since it was her head that was in a delicate state. Her mouth shifted to one side as her lips made a sound. Clearing her throat as remembered Dallas and Shamoke ~

" I take it you both would like some hero cookies hmm? "

~ A smirk was given as she had a try at humor. She sat herself more with ease as if nothing had really happened. Though it was a awkward and difficult moment for her she managed to say it to them. ~

" I thank you "
Your worst enemy is yourself.

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Shamoke
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Shamoke »

Shamoke unfolded his arms and kneeled at the awakening captain.

" I take it you both would like some hero cookies hmm? "

~ A smirk was given as she had a try at humor. She sat herself more with ease as if nothing had really happened. Though it was a awkward and difficult moment for her she managed to say it to them. ~

" I thank you "

He grinned and spoke, "Your words mean much to me, M'lady, but I'm afraid that Dallas did all the hard work. I can only hope that my interference in their plot made a difference in assisting the outcome of what happened this night."

Shamoke smiled and stood with a newfound sense of importance. Although Ki'Kai probably already respected him, at least now he knew for sure that he wasn't just all trouble.

He knew Dallas probably had a whole bunch of annoying things to say and would probably take hours before Shamoke could even get a word in. He didn't want to be around for all that stuff, so he jumped in before Dallas could even open his mouth.

Shamoke spent the next fifteen minutes or so telling the both of them what he saw and heard, trying to leave out as much bloodspray as possible. He scanned his memory of the event that took place, and as he finished he simply asked her about her assailants,

"Friends of yours?" he smirked.

As soon as he completed his question, he couldn't help but notice the blood stain on her pillow. He slowly turned her head to check the damage. Not knowing the full capabilities of her regeneration, he poored some alcohol on a rag and rubbed it in where she was struck just to be sure. Perhaps she winced from the alcohol's sting, or maybe the awkwardness of his fingers in her hair. He hadn't much time to think about it before Hellion let out a fierce growl. Shamoke pulled back with the rag and stood at attention waiting for orders. Dallas seemed anxious (and slightly annoyed at Shamoke) to speak, and Shamoke nodded assuring he has said what needed to be said.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

As Dallas finds that Shamoke is done handling the captain's head, and opening his mouth, he stands and looks to Kai shaking slightly.

"What happened? Who were those men?"

He stands still and sighs waiting for Kai to answer. in his eyes there is concern, he wants to go to her, to comfort her but he is unsure what to do so he stays in his spot looking at her waiting for her to answer.
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Continued

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~ Her golden wolf like eyes glanced up to stare intensely at Shamoke as he stepped forward to speak. As he spoke of himself in a non greedy manner, she then soon glanced over at the shaken Dallas behind him. She had to wonder if he would be cut out for this type of work. Her life would always be like this. Surely, there was quiet spaces in between but, there would always be blood shed. An more was to come.~

~ A mischievous grin curled slowly on her full lips as Shamoke asked his question about the men. She didn't know who they were exactly but, she surely knew what they were after. At least a good idea of what it was. Kai opened her mouth to say something that was until Shamoke touched her wound. One side of her face winced up, the alcohol stinged the part of the wound that was still opened to the air. For a moment her eyes had fury of the beast in them as she stared at Shamoke , until the calmer side of Kai finally soothed it down. A briefest moment was given to Shamoke, the eyes lightened and such a angelic sweetness was shown to him in that stare. Then a smile followed as she grabbed his hand, the one that had touched her. It was firm but it was gentle in the way she had done it. She held it an just between them, she showed him with just those gestures of her thanks an showed she appreciated everything he had done this time. ~

~ Ever so slowly she released Shamoke an went back to petting Hellion to calm him to let him know that everything was alright. Now as Dallas spoke she took in a deep breath as she started to explain~

" Well first off I would like to say, I want some bloody more weapons down in the ship. I left my sword up in my cabin to let dry after cleaning and all I had was a blasted broom. At least put something hidden down there or something, I rather not be caught off guard like that again. "

" An they were here to see me. Because of Malakai. Now what they wanted, I am not sure. Maybe after something he gave to me, or a way to get to him. It is hard to tell. Now they didn't tell me that but, they compared me to him way too much. Orrrr "

~ She looked like of a sudden someone hit her with some kind of epiphany. Her hands fisted as the eyes narrowed then lightened. ~

" Nahh, would be too stupid for him to try that. "

~Shaking her head as if she went off into a conversation all to herself ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai
Shamoke
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Shamoke »

Shamoke froze in place from Ki'Kai's grip. One reason was fear from the firmness, the other... he was mesmerized by her. Such a strong woman and yet, if it called for it, as gentle as that of an angel. And angels always knew how to find their way into Shamoke's heart for some reason.

" Nahh, would be too stupid for him to try that. "

~Shaking her head as if she went off into a conversation all to herself ~

Shamoke returned to his kneeling position. He searched her face for reassurance that she was fine, but alas there was none of that to see. She stared at him, but it was as if she was looking through him. He turned to Dallas, who still seemed tense, for some kind of answer... but no response.

"M'lady?" Shamoke wished he knew more of her past. These names meant nothing to him. What had her brother "given" her? She always spoke of him with such hate, he hardly believed the man actually gave her anything at all... except of course those scars. Shamoke was very concerned, but once again he had not an idea of what to do. He gently placed a hand on her knee and shook it.

"M'lady?" he repeated. Still no response other than her distance mumbles.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

Dallas turned to Shamoke realizing that Kai is still very shook up.

"Leave her be master Shamoke..."

He reaches out and puts a shoulder on Shamoke's and grips it in thanks for all that he did for his beloved Captain. Dallas grip is firm and sure once again, the shakiness leaving him finally.
Shamoke
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Shamoke »

Feeling Dallas's grip on his shoulder, Shamoke released Ki'Kai's knee and stood facing away from the both of them. Dallas was right, there was no need to further upset the captain. Thinking he best should go, he patted Dallas on the shoulder and walked away. As Shamoke slowly approached the door, he placed his right hand on the wall and turned his head.

"Another time, perhaps," he gently stated, smiling. He slid his hand down the doorway and turned away. Wiping the smile off his face, he exited the cabin.

Shamoke was lost in thought once more... so many question still unanswered. He smiled again, realising how impatient of a person he has always been. He trudged to the side of the ship and leaned on the railing, looking towards the hidden shore. Memories of his homeland filled his mind. He was the King of Thieves so to speak. And in one foul swoop, he gave it all up to find his brothers again. And look at him now... a mere pirate under the command of a woman who quite possibly had worse of a past than he did. He surely was not living the good life anymore. He barely made enough money to feed himself. But despite all this, Shamoke came to one simple conclusion... he was happy.

Looking down into the water he saw the longboat in which the assailants came. He decided he would leave it for Dallas and Ki'Kai, as he figured she was in no position to swim. Hopping up on top of the railing, Shamoke dove into the water and sunk to the bottom. Flipping while plunging into the water's depths, he landed on his feet, and began a prideful walk to his newfound home.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

Dallas seats himself in her chair once again, not speaking just watching her, He looks into Kai's eyes concern written all over his sharp edged face.

He leans back in the seat and smiles at her, a reassuring smile.

"I'm here for you..."
Fatal_Tryst
Knight
Knight

Post by Fatal_Tryst »

~ Kai tuned them out of her head for a short moment as ideas ran through it wildly, though she did catch them mentioning her being out of it. No matter what they thought, Kai had her wits about her. An as Shamoke shook her knee she started speaking to them. If they bothered to realize what she was talking about. ~

" They were either looking for my brother, or something I had from him. Looking to get me to get to him, or someone else ordered them to me. Someone who knows since I have grown older my looks have changed. I always stayed lower on the radar than my brother. So using my brother as an example to get an ID would be a smart thing with how much we look alike. "

~ Her tongue rolled along her lips and as before Shamoke left, she glanced back between Dallas and him ~

" I think its for me to pay another little visit to the Mayor's office, if he still calls himself that in Blackstone. "

~ Her eyes were dead serious as she said it. As Shamoke left, even though she had not given him enough props on his good work she had hoped he understood that she did appreicate what he had done. In the middle of wondering such things Dallas distracted her. An instead of being some little mushy love struck woman who might have fawned over the gesture. Kai just stared at him merely with a smile then got out of bed to clean herself up. She was sterdy as she got up as if nothing at happened at all. ~

" I thank you for all the help but, don't worry yourself over such little things. Was nothing big. Still alive aren't I? You act as if I was...either losing my mind or losing a part of my body. "

~ A laugh was lightly given, an after she was done cleaning up and changing, getting her sword. She leaned to him then kissed him on the forehead ~

" This is what life has in store for me Dallas. I embrace it then twist it to what I need it to be. Living trully free has its prices. Like the men on this ship, though having to following rules live free. Probably more free than they realize. Need to loosen up and not worry so much. "

" Now when I am gushing blood , losing body parts, not waking up for weeks then you can worry but, I don't see that happening any time soon. I know you must have been worried at that sight and probably even now. But its done, we have new dangers to face. So let us think of those as they come and be thankful for what we live through then learn from. "

~ Reaching down she grabbed his hand and smiled to him in appreciation then in thanks. She tugged at him because she was ready to leave. Whistling Hellion came as she went to make her way out of the room, releasing Dallas's hand as she opened the door to exit . Before they exited the room to leave the ship..she whispered again. ~

" Thank you. "

~ An that was the last she spoke of what had happened on that day. ~

-Jynx " Lady J "

-Captain Ki'Kai