Comparible Areas?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Comparible Areas?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Is there a comparible area out there for levels 20 to 28 other than the ant farm? Ant xp and drops seem better but if you don't have the right gear it's murder out there!! Especially for a sneaker with all the other toon's out there running about leveling. Too bad the drow city is in the underdark, it might have to be toned down a bit or make a dwarven city, it would make a nice alternative area from hunting ants which can be boring. Remember variety is the spice of life. :P
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I find that the Illithid city, with the proper clerical spells, is very profitable at those levels. It's a quick run out of the Umgah territory, but a simple ring of invisibility can solve that issue.

Have you tried the Trite hive?

What about the western wastes? Do the Waste Beaversâ„¢ (cc to Caes) still give as much xp as they used to?

I'd also think that the bandits in the Central waste would be good pickings for most classes.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

For sneakers (ESPECIALLY SDs) I like the waste dragons. They give 600exp well into late level 20's, and you can get a group of them together and weave in and out of shadows kicking their leathery hides.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Back in the day, the waste beavers used to be prime rib for spellcasters with magic shields and high damage reduction. Could spend hours herding and slaughtering those buck-toothed sand critters.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I digs on the trite hive. Mixes things up a little bit.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

all my spellcaster's spend time in the dragons. They skip the flayers, as it takes to long to kill the buggers.

Dragons -> Umgah's.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Thanks ... I forgot about the trites ... dam waste beavers have KD and my sneaker don't have KD immunity or a high discipline, but it would be a good place when I do.

Oh Vio if I remember rightly ole Holc was forever asking for house calls from my lvl 40 cleric Jean to come and scrap you scrawny butt off the western desert floor! :P
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Capt Cliff wrote:Thanks ... I forgot about the trites ... dam waste beavers have KD and my sneaker don't have KD immunity or a high discipline, but it would be a good place when I do.

Oh Vio if I remember rightly ole Holc was forever asking for house calls from my lvl 40 cleric Jean to come and scrap you scrawny butt off the western desert floor! :P
Yeah, yeah. Stupid lag spikes. Hard to HiPS when the lag catches you JUST as you turn visible. Or when I'm just not paying attention. Bah! I make up for it by getting you killed, Cliff ;)
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Gibbo wrote:What about the western wastes? Do the Waste Beaversâ„¢ (cc to Caes) still give as much xp as they used to?
Thanks for the recognition. Just thought I would mention that the term "Waste Beaver" can be attributed to a player I encountered long ago who played a blue dragon character named Skye. I forget the player name however. I would guess that the CR of the Waste Dragons are around 28 or so. It's been a while since I leveled there however so who knows these days.
The only constant is change.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Azuls for the right characters is one of my favorites.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Who remembers a time when Wail of the Banshee used to be the most effective spell against waste beavers?

I do! It was fun =D
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

I remeber that and cant forget finger of death. That one use to be a life savor down there
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule