Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ POLL

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Best assasin build your opinions

Rogue/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Ranger/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Monk/ASsasin/Shadow Dancer
15%
Fighter/Weapon Master/Assasin
No votes
Fighter/monk/Assasin
No votes
Other Please add a post and explain
15%

Total votes: 20

dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

If your char ever has to run away to go rest before the conclusion of a duel, then you've been PWNED. You're just bowing out before you inevitably get your sphincter handed to you tied-up with a colorful little ribbon.

It's like admitting defeat and tipping your king two moves BEFORE you've been checkmated. And why? Because at that time you KNOW there's no way to avoid being checkmated other than to give up early and tip it. Pretty cut-n-dry there.

Keep tippin them mages! HA HA HA! :D
~Demitri
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

dm_demitri wrote:If your char ever has to run away to go rest before the conclusion of a duel, then you've been PWNED. You're just bowing out before you inevitably get your sphincter handed to you tied-up with a colorful little ribbon.

It's like admitting defeat and tipping your king two moves BEFORE you've been checkmated. And why? Because at that time you KNOW there's no way to avoid being checkmated other than to give up early and tip it. Pretty cut-n-dry there.

Keep tippin them mages! HA HA HA! :D
~Demitri
a mage never needs to rest in a 1v1. it's when you fighting 3 or more people that spells just aren't enough.

You could probably still tank them out for a good while, until they got bored.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

:D If you say so. :D

~Demitri
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

give a sack of 50 greater spell mantles and 50 mords to a good sneaker SD and he can beat any mages =D.

Btw, naisha already beated some mages FYI, its nice to do like 80 dmg per hit (she hits like 3 times per round) with her lonbow and having the mages spells absorbed due spell mantles, yeah, they dispel it, butbut when they´re about to cast a dispel i hide and it cuts the spell, sometimes i´m fast enough for that, sometimes not, but even so they cant see me and i have enough time to use another mantle scroll, some rare times they are able to hit me with one AOE, but who cares, i have nice sneaks. About mages PMs, it is possible, lin-wu already beated them, all he needs is a lesser spell breach wand (this dispel all mages shields) and a lanter of revealing (this removes 50% conceal of imp inv and makes him hit more), Considering that a mage PM usualy have only 29 caster lvls (like 29 sorc 10 pm 1 bard) its spells will hardly hit lin-wu (50 SR), even with time stop, what can they do ? try to hit me with like 30 ab and lin-wu even flat footed has epic dodge and empty body. they wqill use all lvl 9 spells before they take me barelly injuried.

But i agree that mages owns ALMOST everything until its spell book goes low (like 95% of the non mages builds will lose against a good NEUTRAL mage - smiters)
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

and since u say timestop + IGMS owns all. well many non mages has UMD. give them time stop scrolls. if they use it, they can own any mage now, very quickly tho - specially if the mage isnt a PM.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Berf! *sighs loudly while tapping foot in mock annoyance*
Well so much for not bursting his happy confident bubble.
At least you didn't give away any of the really GOOD tricks.

;)
Good rule of thumb:
A true Master never teaches a student every technique ::trick:: he knows.
~Demitri
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Berforam wrote:and since u say timestop + IGMS owns all. well many non mages has UMD. give them time stop scrolls. if they use it, they can own any mage now, very quickly tho - specially if the mage isnt a PM.
the mage would have time between TS scrolls to use a heal pot/scroll, as they are whole round casting.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:"the mage would have time between TS scrolls to use a heal pot/scroll, as they are whole round casting."
YAY! His bubble wasn't completely popped! :D
~Demitri
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

dm_demitri wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:"the mage would have time between TS scrolls to use a heal pot/scroll, as they are whole round casting."
YAY! His bubble wasn't completely popped! :D
~Demitri
Don't make me take away that 'guin wand of yours now!