Again, Trying to Fix what is NOT broken...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Again, Trying to Fix what is NOT broken...

Post by Whitewolf »

Again ,

BSK in all its glory has changed the Lizardmen to spam KD. As if they where not hard enough for a younger adventurer.. This idea of changing things when it is not broken is becoming a pain in the arse. There is a reson why BSK is a great server, that is because it has a mix of everything.

Now where can one hunt besides the stupid Thyrid lizard men? I have no intention of paying 1 mill or more for KD protect. characters should be able to fend off mosters with there skills not with uber protect items.There are many other ways to make a monster tough, KD spamm has got to stop.

** any sugestions? ? ?

Are there anymore areas in BSK that are going to be "Fixed?" I
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Come find Cassy she still has a few Bloodstone shield that give immunity to KD and for a lot less than a million too.

On the other hand I do agree the lizardmen really don't need to have KD it just makes them too hard. Its hard enough with them mobbing an adventurer as it is.
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Just been told this has been going on for a month now, this KD for lizardmen. But I for one haven't noticed any and I just went with a high level character to check it out and not one KD attempt made on my character by any of them.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try upping your discipline.

-driller
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I don't know. It seems the AI picks up on a character's weakness in skills or feats and overcompensates for it. Unfortunately they do not take into account items. I've seen both extremes. Lizards have spammed knockdown on Murken when he had his Dragon Slippers, and then the next day they didn't. Meh, BSK is a world of extremes and random crap the likes of which I've seen on no other server. Driller is the madman in charge of the asylum.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Uh, that asylum reference was a compliment. :D
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

driller wrote:Try upping your discipline.

-driller
Even this doesn't work all the time. You could have a Discipline skill of 500 and roll a one. You be on da floor! :D
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

temordae01 wrote:
driller wrote:Try upping your discipline.

-driller
Even this doesn't work all the time. You could have a Discipline skill of 500 and roll a one. You be on da floor! :D
That's life for ya.
Rainsanctum
Knight
Knight

Post by Rainsanctum »

i think there can be a restriction to how many kds can be used by the monsters per round. cuz as far as i noticed, they use kd almost every hit making it spammed. imagine when they swarm and ya get surrounded, the chance of rolling 1 can be high.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

A couple posts seem to imply a roll of "1" on the discipline check is an auto kdown. It is not unless that is a custom script on BSK. The auto fail on a roll of 1 applies to the auto miss on an attack roll of 1 and to saves rolled versus spells. It doesn't apply to skill checks. Has this been changed?

I think the monsters must have some type of "innate abilty" that tells them if a player has any discipline. My 1st couple of characters never got knocked down by the goblins in the mines. But they had their 8 to 10 points in discipline since it was a class skill. I went in with my newly rolled mage and he got kd spammed by all the goblins. I thought the goblins had been changed it was so bad. But I went back with a character that had a few points in discipline and no kdown attempts were even made against him. I notice alot less kdown spam versus the lizards when my character has some discipline too. So I think the monsters have a Driller induced 6th sense of a player's discipline level and use those abilities more or less based on a players discipline levels. :shock:
Rainsanctum
Knight
Knight

Post by Rainsanctum »

A couple posts seem to imply a roll of "1" on the discipline check is an auto kdown. It is not unless that is a custom script on BSK. The auto fail on a roll of 1 applies to the auto miss on an attack roll of 1 and to saves rolled versus spells. It doesn't apply to skill checks. Has this been changed?
No, Spell resistance check and skill check are still the 2 checks without a "roll1 aotu failure " or "roll20 aotu success" so far i know, but ops i think i mistook the kd spam for the implosion spam. my fault. but anyway, i seldom got knockdowned by the lizardmen( if ya mean the ones in the swamp) or goblins( if ya mean in the mine). i can only remember the goblin riders in the mine have ability like knockdown.

I think the monsters must have some type of "innate abilty" that tells them if a player has any discipline. My 1st couple of characters never got knocked down by the goblins in the mines. But they had their 8 to 10 points in discipline since it was a class skill. I went in with my newly rolled mage and he got kd spammed by all the goblins. I thought the goblins had been changed it was so bad. But I went back with a character that had a few points in discipline and no kdown attempts were even made against him. I notice alot less kdown spam versus the lizards when my character has some discipline too. So I think the monsters have a Driller induced 6th sense of a player's discipline level and use those abilities more or less based on a players discipline levels.
*laughs*an interesting thought and i believe it can be true in a way. i can only say when i was hunting ants, the soldiers never kded me when i have kd immunity but almost every hit is kd when i have no kd immunity.