Newbie here with a few problems/questions...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Newbie here with a few problems/questions...

Post by killtspar »

So far this seems like a neat server. I have already met a coupe of good people. I have a couple of problems currently, however. I thought I would post them here for discussion first before I make bug reports or anything. For all I know they're not bugs, but they kind of seem like maybe they are.

1. After reading through a variety of bits of information, I decided I was going to make a Bladecaster subrace. (I like subraces.) I decided that since this was a wizard/fighter combo, I would start off as a wizard and choose Xan as my deity because it stated that Xan would bestow an extra level of wizardry to those that worshipped him. Well, that didn't seem to actually happen. My interpretation of this is that I would start off as a 2nd level wizard instead of only 1st. That didn't happen, so then I thought maybe that's not the case and perhaps it simple bestows some underlying additional spells and spell caster level, etc. That doesn't seem to be the case either. In this case, I'm looking for an explanation and hopefully some resolve where my PC (Elrebrin Sion Killtspar) either gets the extra level of wizard bestowed upon or just have his chosen deity changed to Eon. Eon was my primary choice of deity anyway.

2. As I have stated previously, I made a Bladecaster. I reached the 5th lvl with 3 Wizard & 2 Fighter, meeting the prerequisites and gaining the spell Bladecaster sword. It seems that instead of gaining only one sword though, I have two of them. I'm assuming this is not proper, but it's also not the main issue I'm having. The issue is that when I try to use the swords' special magical powers, it doesn't work. Instead, it tells me that I need to be wielding the sword (which I am) and I need to have the ability to use it (which I do or so I assume by basis of properly achieving Bladecaster and gaining the sword to begin with). It seems the special Bladecaster sword is not working for me which kind of puts a damper on the whole Bladecaster concept.
46. If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor. ~From the Top 100 things I would do if I were an evil
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie here with a few problems/questions...

Post by driller »

Both of those are bugs. I will fix them. I would take the Eon option.

-driller
killtspar wrote:So far this seems like a neat server. I have already met a coupe of good people. I have a couple of problems currently, however. I thought I would post them here for discussion first before I make bug reports or anything. For all I know they're not bugs, but they kind of seem like maybe they are.

1. After reading through a variety of bits of information, I decided I was going to make a Bladecaster subrace. (I like subraces.) I decided that since this was a wizard/fighter combo, I would start off as a wizard and choose Xan as my deity because it stated that Xan would bestow an extra level of wizardry to those that worshipped him. Well, that didn't seem to actually happen. My interpretation of this is that I would start off as a 2nd level wizard instead of only 1st. That didn't happen, so then I thought maybe that's not the case and perhaps it simple bestows some underlying additional spells and spell caster level, etc. That doesn't seem to be the case either. In this case, I'm looking for an explanation and hopefully some resolve where my PC (Elrebrin Sion Killtspar) either gets the extra level of wizard bestowed upon or just have his chosen deity changed to Eon. Eon was my primary choice of deity anyway.

2. As I have stated previously, I made a Bladecaster. I reached the 5th lvl with 3 Wizard & 2 Fighter, meeting the prerequisites and gaining the spell Bladecaster sword. It seems that instead of gaining only one sword though, I have two of them. I'm assuming this is not proper, but it's also not the main issue I'm having. The issue is that when I try to use the swords' special magical powers, it doesn't work. Instead, it tells me that I need to be wielding the sword (which I am) and I need to have the ability to use it (which I do or so I assume by basis of properly achieving Bladecaster and gaining the sword to begin with). It seems the special Bladecaster sword is not working for me which kind of puts a damper on the whole Bladecaster concept.
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

driller wrote:Both of those are bugs. I will fix them. I would take the Eon option.

-driller
Ok. How do I change to Eon? I was told I have to have a DM do it.
46. If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor. ~From the Top 100 things I would do if I were an evil
chbtartdat
Knight
Knight

Post by chbtartdat »

Truthfully, I'd start over. I've had that bug also. You need to trash one of the swords, although it doesn't matter because you won't be able to use the one you keep until the next Bladecaster level when it gets replaced with the next blade.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, grab a DM when you see one online.

-drilller
killtspar wrote:
driller wrote:Both of those are bugs. I will fix them. I would take the Eon option.

-driller
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

chbtartdat wrote:Truthfully, I'd start over. I've had that bug also. You need to trash one of the swords, although it doesn't matter because you won't be able to use the one you keep until the next Bladecaster level when it gets replaced with the next blade.
I don't really want to make a new character though. This one is going well. :-)
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

Is there a time frame when DM's are commonly online? I have messaged a few times, but so far there haven't been any DM's on. I'm PST timezone.
driller wrote:Yes, grab a DM when you see one online.

-drilller
killtspar wrote:

-driller
dm_zane
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_zane »

Can you post your character name and the typical times your on and I'm sure one of us will make an appearance for you.

Enjoy BSK!
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

My PC's name is Elrebrin Sion Killtspar. All of my PC's always have the last name of "Killtspar" mainly to make it easier for people to know who I am.
dm_zane wrote:Can you post your character name and the typical times your on and I'm sure one of us will make an appearance for you.

Enjoy BSK!
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

chbtartdat wrote:You need to trash one of the swords, although it doesn't matter because you won't be able to use the one you keep until the next Bladecaster level when it gets replaced with the next blade.
Trashing one of the swords seemed to make it all work. Though, I don't know if it's related to the combination of me gaining a level after trashing the sword or not. I don't really know how the Bladecaster leveling works. Is it just every level after you meet the requirements or is everytime you do a combination of 3 wizard levels and 2 fighter levels, then it's a new Bladecaster level? I haven't reached that far yet, but nonetheless the sword is now working. Thanks.

P.S. I'm still trying to find a DM online at some point so I can change my deity to Eon. I keep messaging "/dm any dms on?" but receive no answer. :-(
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

Driller switched my deity to Eon, so all of my issues now seem to be resolved. Thanks. :D