For the record....

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

*nods* this time they'll have more up their sleeve.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

here's a good one. If a DM sets his uber minions on you in say the underdark (area with the merchants) without asking you if it is ok to kill you with his wand of uber minion, is that PvP without consent?
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

FOR THE RECORD...

My question was answered... All I was trying to find out was if radial menu attacking was okay. I'm not opposed to it, I just thought it might be an exploit. Now that I know it was not, I can use it myself and be prepared to defend myself if it happens.

All this other talk about PvP consent is fine and good, but the situation I mentioned on the first post was within the boundaries of acceptable PvP. Sure, PvP that occurs when someone does not consent is not so nice, but this whole thread has really gotten off track from the original question, with people putting in their two cents on related topics to the point that this thread has ignited into the ongoing debate that's happening throughout the BSK realms.

That was not my intent. PvP? PP? Akons Stones? All just methods of playing. I just need to know how to defend myself and/or attack when situations present themselves to do so.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

viobane wrote:FOR THE RECORD...

My question was answered... All I was trying to find out was if radial menu attacking was okay. I'm not opposed to it, I just thought it might be an exploit. Now that I know it was not, I can use it myself and be prepared to defend myself if it happens.

All this other talk about PvP consent is fine and good, but the situation I mentioned on the first post was within the boundaries of acceptable PvP. Sure, PvP that occurs when someone does not consent is not so nice, but this whole thread has really gotten off track from the original question, with people putting in their two cents on related topics to the point that this thread has ignited into the ongoing debate that's happening throughout the BSK realms.

That was not my intent. PvP? PP? Akons Stones? All just methods of playing. I just need to know how to defend myself and/or attack when situations present themselves to do so.
it is good to have stuff in the open and that is howa strong player base stays as one
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
DM Nexus
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Nexus »

Ghost4life wrote:here's a good one. If a DM sets his uber minions on you in say the underdark (area with the merchants) without asking you if it is ok to kill you with his wand of uber minion, is that PvP without consent?
Technically no...PvP is Player vs Player which requires consent, while that would be DMvP or DMUMvP which does not :twisted:

In reality, if a player ever stated that they wished to leave the area and not be involved or partake in what was going on, they would be allowed to do so. Even as DM's we do not force anyone to get involved with what we are doing.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

DM Nexus wrote:
Ghost4life wrote:here's a good one. If a DM sets his uber minions on you in say the underdark (area with the merchants) without asking you if it is ok to kill you with his wand of uber minion, is that PvP without consent?
Technically no...PvP is Player vs Player which requires consent, while that would be DMvP or DMUMvP which does not :twisted:

In reality, if a player ever stated that they wished to leave the area and not be involved or partake in what was going on, they would be allowed to do so. Even as DM's we do not force anyone to get involved with what we are doing.
plus they always rises ya after the event is over... unless u have been
a real baaaaaad jerk ( i think that is true)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I never said people HAVE to set the hostile setting once consentual PvP takes place.

What I said was that -YOU- as a player, may state that use of the Dislike setting is a condition of your agreeement to PvP.

Some people have cried foul about consent...
They say it ruins their RP. The fact is, once you involve others in your activities, they must be granted the choice to participate or not.

Some have cried foul when someone requests to be set to Dislike...
They claim that their target will have a warning and may take precautions OOC that will ruin the IC surprise. However, considering how many attacks require the Dislike setting to work, doesn't NOT using the Dislike leave the victim with unfair OOC limitations/counter attacks?

And who says you HAVE to attack after setting the Dislike feature on? Who says you even have to be in the same zone?

If you really think your intended target is the type to use OOC settings in an OOC fashion... why bother to RP with them in the first place?

With the exception of a few confusing replies, the concept is pretty simple.

If you want to RP with someone, make sure you and your RP partners are on the same page and understand what to expect from eachother.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle