Eye's of Akon

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

thank you. thats my point. and that makes you one of the 5% who would RP it...

but the thing about you being in hostile teritory negating the knife to your throat... i have to disagree... the point behind sneaks is the rogue knows where to hit and how to hit inbetween plates of armor and links of mail. so the rogue could still hit a vital spot no matter how heavily armored you are... unless of course your in a tank or something :P

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

you say that you are not out to ruin people's day and i have faith in that statement, but the sad fact is that pp (can) causes a lot of hurt feelings and ruins days

if a pp'er and the victim agrees on the pp, my view is ... go for it and have a blast doing it Also, but the sad the fact is allot of peep's don't like it ( i got that idea from all the posts i have read) we need a way to mark who wants to rp pp and who does not.. i do see some good can came from it..if both parties agree on it
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

k9mouse wrote:you say that you are not out to ruin people's day and i have faith in that statement, but the sad fact is that pp (can) causes a lot of hurt feelings and ruins days

if a pp'er and the victim agrees on the pp, my view is ... go for it and have a blast doing it Also, but the sad the fact is allot of peep's don't like it ( i got that idea from all the posts i have read) we need a way to mark who wants to rp pp and who does not.. i do see some good can came from it..if both parties agree on it
to those people i point to my first post, there are many servers out there that don't allow pp at all, join one of them

also, i never said i didn't ruin days, just said i did it on purpse

and think about it, what kind of bandit would i be if i walk up to someone and say: "oh hey, your purse is looking a bit heavy, mind if i lighten it up for you?" ... doesn't make any sence to me.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Last edited by Youko on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Youko wrote:
k9mouse wrote:you say that you are not out to ruin people's day and i have faith in that statement, but the sad fact is that pp (can) causes a lot of hurt feelings and ruins days

to those people i point to my first post, there are many servers out there that don't allow pp at all, join one of them

and think about it, what kind of bandit would i be if i walk up to someone and say: "oh hey, your purse is looking a bit heavy, mind if i lighten it up for you?" ... doesn't make any sence to me.
somethings in the game world may not reflect real life ideas... all i am saying is that the pp'er make a list of peep's who are willing to pp and rp like that and those they are not willing .. just tell people who you might pp that might pp them in the x number of days and see if they agree.. that will save hurt feelings on both sides of the debate.... if one wants to be a jerk in IC (may be he/she is not OOC), be expected to treated like one... the truth is pp make peeps talk and that is part of the price to be a bandit (plus the 5 mill in coins for your char's head).. are you wiling to pay the piper :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

k9mouse wrote:
Youko wrote:

somethings in the game world may not reflect real life ideas... all i am saying is that the pp'er make a list of peep's who are willing to pp and rp like that and those they are not willing .. just tell people who you might pp that might pp them in the x number of days and see if they agree.. that will save hurt feelings on both sides of the debate.... if one wants to be a jerk in IC (may be he/she is not OOC), be expected to treated like one... the truth is pp make peeps talk and that is part of the price to be a bandit (plus the 5 mill in coins for your char's head).. are you wiling to pay the piper :?:
of course i am, hence why i made this char, don't really appreciate the character deletion idea she put there tho, this guy is still useful OOCly too.

the list idea isn't a bad idea, but it's not a good one either, (no offence) just that, if you made a list like that, more then one person would PP the people on the list of people who DO NOT want to be PPed... just to piss them off and for a good laugh.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Youko wrote: the list idea isn't a bad idea, but it's not a good one either, (no offence) just that, if you made a list like that, more then one person would PP the people on the list of people who DO NOT want to be PPed... just to piss them off and for a good laugh.
that when a dm steps in and enforces the rules.. players SHOULD respect each other... of course, there will always be jerks, but is why we have dm's right :?:
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

also, one can always make a personal list instead of a sever wide one...
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

k9mouse wrote:
Youko wrote: the list idea isn't a bad idea, but it's not a good one either, (no offence) just that, if you made a list like that, more then one person would PP the people on the list of people who DO NOT want to be PPed... just to piss them off and for a good laugh.
that when a dm steps in and enforces the rules.. players SHOULD respect each other... of course, there will always be jerks, but is why we have dm's right :?:
"should" being the keyword there... but as the dm's have said on so many posts... they can't stand next to you and hold your hand.

also, why change the server because 3 bad apples don't like being pickpocketed? they should just leave to one of the aformentioned servers that don't allow PPing at all. since they obviously haven't been here long, they have no real reason to stay.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

may be because they really like bsk and still trying to figure how things really works ... every server has some problems, also they are just trying to solve the problems for themselves by trial and error method.. it just takes time for _(old :?: ) newbies_ (for a lack of a better term) to grow up as much as the old hats are....
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Why should the 3 or more have to seek peace on another server for the sake of the one ? Just to counter you comment about bad apples, especially when you are the bad apple not us.

Akons eye is a modified harm spell and is supposed to kill the PP. They are therefore intended as a deterent, not something you with the association of your friend should be metagaming around to cheat death penalties. Try RP'ing and actually hit the respawn button instead, this way I for one would not feel like I have been cheated quite so much.

Another thing for you to consider your RP perspective from.... Monks are lawful what you are doing is not lawful and therefore is just using the game mechanics to metagame.

I wish you would RP instead of what you are doing, as you are cheating death with this friend raising you and then running off like the wind with all those monk levels and nobody feels you have paid the price an Akon's eye is suppose to mean. Same for detection no one can catch you again because of those monk levels so again you get away scot-free. Everyone feels cheated because of these reasons.

It all seems to everyone else it is one sided in both the fun and what actually happens, you are using game mechanics to achieve your goals. If your intention is to RP a thief how about replacing all those monk levels with rogue levels and have an unlawful alignment if not chaotic.

Also I asked you to stop and leave me alone, you showed no respect not a care for my feelings or enjoyment of the game by both continuing to harass me and sending me a tell somewhat like this; "Thanx :D".

That just showed me and anyone else you don't give a damn about your victims both IC and OOC. The IC I can live with, the OOC: I find offensively rude and uncaring. So it is hardly surprising that I and a few others have taken this to the forum. Your RP'ing is not what I would call RP'ing in anyway what so ever, and I deem it from the experience of it as exploitive of the game mechanics to the point of severe metagaming.

You'll not change my view point in that regard, til you take those monk levels out of the equation and stop this third party raising to cheat death in a non RP fashion.

In regard to my lost forged bracers... I didn't realise they had gone til some time later so I could not simply ask for them back and besides that I had crashed in the meantime too which also denied me of the screenshots I was about to take.

As you chose to bring it to the forum, my 5 million reward for your characters perma death stands as is. You say you want RP well there is the opportunity for you to do so.

I get my reward in the knowledge that you finally pay the price you should have been paying every time you got hit by an Akon's eye or got detected, even if this is somewhat over the top. But that is how you made me feel by ignoring and virtually laughing at my request to stop.

If you had stopped at that request none of this would be littering the forum and the said "bad apples" in your words would not be expressing their exasperation at your actions and uncaring attitude to other players.
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Forgive me if i'm wrong here, but.... hasn't PP always been a part of BSK? It certainly has for the years I have played here anyway.

having said that, I then have to ask myself why anyone so against PP would choose to play here? or is it the norm for players to join in and then decide they don't like the rules and demand them be changed?

As for having a list of people who do not wish to be PP'd, I really can't think of anything more silly, next time I go to town for a spot of shopping i'm going to pin a notice on my back " i'd rather not be robbed if that's alright with you?" :roll:
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

:lol:

:roll:

I am going to be short on this:

Lawfull PP'er = ultra crappy RP

PP'ing in RP way like Vio stated = thumbs up, also the example someone made of a robbery RP'd is coolness

to cheat or not to cheat death.... in a RP situation it would be logical the partner rezzes his fallen bud and they try to get their shiney hiney's out of the scene (a thief would never be staying there) but using monk for such a thing is a crappy thing to do really, hence the lawfullness. In the D&D game you would be an ex-monk and you would even most likely be considered an outlaw monk IC and losing certain benefits from the class as well.

I as a sneaker fan bloody well know the risk I take with each PP attempt on PC's, if I get blasted, ouch, if I get caught, YES! RP =) or I'll get a // ZOMG! YOU PP'D ME! I WILL PWNZORS UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, GIMME MY ITEM BACK ! To which I will gladly abide since that foul language makes me stomach turn, heh

:wink:
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Cajin wrote:
Lawfull PP'er = ultra crappy RP
Can't a lawful evil, even neutral, character PP? For example, a powerful rogue/xx/xx subjugates those around him into the order that he creates, with him on top of course. In his system, the weaker are seen as prey and PPing would be fine, no?

As for the neutral, I see that as a character that has a set of rules that are followed to the letter all the time.

Can't a Thieves' Guild be a "lawful" instituion with respect to order vs disorder, free-for-all vs structure? Thieves' Guilds can be very organized with different departments, functions, rules, and punishments.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

One does not simply walk into the Theives Guildor. Its wooden door is guarded by more than just passwords. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Akons Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren warehouse, riddled with fire and ash and cheap equipment, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume of bad sale pitches and over priced items. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

As far as I know, the only sure way in is with ill-fitting orc gear on a couple of ehxaused halflings.