For the Record...Evil Side

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

For the Record...Evil Side

Post by eclipse08 »

On my last note I hinted that Murken likes to buff the monsters and watch them massacre anyone in the area.

Being slightly evil, he figures the monsters deserve some chance against the righteous smarty-buffed-pants killing them willy-nilly.

Is this allowed on BSK? One of my favorite evil tactics on another server was to dominate a big ugly, buff him, then let him loose in a city proper. Let the chaos commence! The heroes who responded got more than they bargained for, leading to awesome RP.

Just a question mind you...
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I'd imagine if you let too many soul suckers loose in the hamlet and the Blackstone road, a gang of paladin gnomes will ran-sack your house and steal all the clean undergarments.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Re: For the Record...Evil Side

Post by k9mouse »

i have no problem with that idea of monster buffs and let them loose, but i have some items that make it fair for the some other players

1) make dure that oen rises the dead so that will lose anything on respond
2) if they choose not to be involed, they have a way to aviold all the battles
3) respect other player's time

in other words, a player have about 5 minutes before they leave for work and theyjump on the server to kill some stuff before they leave, they do not have to waste their time being dead.....
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Gibbo wrote: clean undergarments.
question:
how do we know that they are clean :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

last time i checked k9 you were not in a position of authority so it really does not matter whether you have a problem with it or not.

it is no different than a DM letting loose some monsters within the keep or the hamlet.

that being said check with a DM or Driller to get a clarification
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

may be you should learn how to address your post to peeps then.. i was under the impression it is a player debate/poll.. if you didn't want other people's (ie player's) views on the matter, you should have pm them instead.. silly human and/or elf person
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

as long as its all in good faith, and in an area where you would epxect to fight creatures of aa similar level, i would see no problem with finding a more difficult foe to fight.

But as Wdpepsiman so tartly pointed out, it's not our say.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:as long as its all in good faith, and in an area where you would epxect to fight creatures of aa similar level, i would see no problem with finding a more difficult foe to fight.

i know and i never claim i have a authority in that matter, i was just stating my opinion on the matter as you have done also :shock:
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

Bah, bring it on you little runty dwarf. Makes life interesting in lower levels to see some minotaurs in with the ettins. :D
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

k9mouse wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:as long as its all in good faith, and in an area where you would epxect to fight creatures of aa similar level, i would see no problem with finding a more difficult foe to fight.

i know and i never claim i have a authority in that matter, i was just stating my opinion on the matter as you have done also :shock:
I didn't mean that as a slander. i was just saying, everything we say is speculation until the big guy says what's going down.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

The technical answer:
Any spell you cast that brings harm to another player is a form of PvP and requires consent. Consult the PvP Consent rules.

The practical answer:
Giving a single nice buff or a few M-I-N-O-R buffs is malicious, but I doubt a DM who is aware of what your doing will care as long as you leave the "victim" a hope to either win or flee.

I have watched some especially cruel high level PC's once as two of them kept buffing and healing some poor lowbie, giving him false hope... as three of their buddies kept buffing the hell out of the monsters. The party chat was hallarious and I don;t think the lowbie every figured out what was happening. He kept accusing me of messing with him... rofl.

The lowbie died a few times, but when the "good samaritans" raise him, he kept plugging away instead of being smart and leaving. I figured that stupid needs to die and stopped watching and I have no idea how it turned out.

NO... do not torment people, but a bit of challenging sport that is "mean" IC but is kept OOC "friendly" should be fine.

Lastly, the truth is that as long as your not buffing the hell out of the monsters and the "victim" has a reasonable chance to win or flee... (keep things sporting)... it should be fine.

The test of this depends on WHO your messing with. If you mess with someone who is easily annoyed, you should expect them to become annoyed and try and cause you trouble.

Pick your victims from those who don't mind a bit of maliciousness and you will be fine.

Is this a bit nebulous? indecisive? Good.... This is one of the grey areas thats I mentioned in other posts. Jerks can cause us to have to make this a black and whitem hard and fast rule......

Or....

Players and use common sense and be aware of how and who their actions effect and use proper judgement.

Use of proper judgement will allow the DM's not to have to get directly involved.

...and thats the ideal arrangement.. right?? :)

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

good words of wisdom, Myle 8) let them be heed