Hide, Invis, and true seeing

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Katar
Knight
Knight

Hide, Invis, and true seeing

Post by Katar »

I know how these all interact normally but I understand that at least true seeing is modified in BSK and I wanted to make sure how invis and hide work here so I have a couple questions :?

True seeing adds 50 to spot skill total? So a person with a 40 spot using TS has a spot of 90 in BSK, correct?

Does the invisibility spell work like a normal invis or does it add a set amount to the hide skill, so that a player with a high hide skill is even harder to detect under the invis spell? Or is the invis spell just the standard unmodified NWN spell?

I am just trying to clarify this as I'm sure there will be more sneak types running around with the new pp guidelines. thanks.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

True seeing maxes out the skill bonus for spot. any other items with +spot will not work.

True seeing gives +50 spot and see invisibility.

Invisibilty, hide etc all work as normal.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

So basically if you're a thief with say Hide of 51, then a person with true seeing and spot of 52 will not be able to see you because the true seeing overrides the spot? Huh?
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

If you are a thief with a Hide of 51, you are in the wrong line of work. :lol: :lol:
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Fenrip wrote:If you are a thief with a Hide of 51, you are in the wrong line of work. :lol: :lol:
update : if you a thief to players who does not want that, they are in the wrong line of work :wink:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:True seeing maxes out the skill bonus for spot. any other items with +spot will not work.

Thanks PFWG. So if you have the spot skill maxxed at 43 at lvl 40, true seeing will make it 93, and no other bonuses will be added? Or does the bonus from the Wisdom stat add to that total making it possible to get a spot around 100ish?
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I know of some whose spot is over 125.
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Katar wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:True seeing maxes out the skill bonus for spot. any other items with +spot will not work.

Thanks PFWG. So if you have the spot skill maxxed at 43 at lvl 40, true seeing will make it 93, and no other bonuses will be added? Or does the bonus from the Wisdom stat add to that total making it possible to get a spot around 100ish?
The +50 Maximum bonus to a skill is for spells, items, etc. Feats and the ability modifier still stack on top of that. Shhhhhhh. Some people can't figure it out for themselves how to get a high spot skill. :D
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Fenrip wrote:I know of some whose spot is over 125.

Indeed, here's an Elvish Cleric/Wizard/Arcane Archer that I have kicking about that went heavy on the spot skill.

Just a clarification on the effects of True Seeing:

The spot bonus is actually +2 to spot skill per character level. The Magic/Equipment bonuses only accumulate to a cap of +50.

The only constant is change.
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

I'd just like to mention that I personally don't think that True Seeing, as a somewhat easily avalible spell, should top the cap, so to speak. I am a firm believer of making other spells, such as Clairvoyance, Amplify and not to mention the Bard Song, add bonuses to this. Allowing players to settle for just True Seeing¨- that's somewhat simple, in my oppinion.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

All my casters have more than 25 levels, so i can't test Caesuis' claims. i beleive a change was mentioned a while ago, though.