Long time player. First time complainer.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Thanatos wrote:Excuse me, but I thought we were talking about lack of drops and the KD spam and/or implosion.
Speaking of which, does anyone know what can be done to better moderate the monster AI so they don't use these abilities quite so often? If not, then I still think the simplest solution is to have more items that improve the Discipline skill available for purchase somewhere like marvale or crossroads. (Akon's guardian makes his shop very unwelcoming to the low level players unless they get help from high level characters.)
The only constant is change.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Caesius wrote:
Thanatos wrote:Excuse me, but I thought we were talking about lack of drops and the KD spam and/or implosion.
Speaking of which, does anyone know what can be done to better moderate the monster AI so they don't use these abilities quite so often? If not, then I still think the simplest solution is to have more items that improve the Discipline skill available for purchase somewhere like marvale or crossroads. (Akon's guardian makes his shop very unwelcoming to the low level players unless they get help from high level characters.)
You know, I've run into some interesting circumstances. I don't know whether it's based off your AC or not. But some days, certain monsters won't even bother with the KD spam (Tyranoids, especially). I've seen this with the soldier ants on occasion, as well.

Akon's gear is for higher lvl chars anyways. Most of his gear you can't even wear at low lvls, so there's no point in going there as a lowbie if you can't wear the gear.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

So actually the only change is that socket gems should drop slightly more often having come down from 1d75 to 1d70.

Well something is amiss somewhere because they don't appear to be dropping more often, could there be a glitch in the script ?

I know the other day Drillers you said that some 26 forges had dropped on a particular day. Do you have the same data available to review drops of socket gems/runes, perhaps it may show an imbalance ?
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Thanatos wrote:You know, I've run into some interesting circumstances. I don't know whether it's based off your AC or not. But some days, certain monsters won't even bother with the KD spam (Tyranoids, especially). I've seen this with the soldier ants on occasion, as well.

Akon's gear is for higher lvl chars anyways. Most of his gear you can't even wear at low lvls, so there's no point in going there as a lowbie if you can't wear the gear.

After you get hit, if the enemy's attack roll is higher than your discipline check then you are knocked down. The thing is that many monsters have very high attack bonuses making it very hard for even warriors to resist knockdown without immunity.

Anyways, knockdown spammage is most prevalent when the monsters come at you in groups. Ants, waste dragons and umgah are prime examples.
The only constant is change.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

i would like to see that data also, please :?: ~tries to look cute, but rolls an one on the charisma check~
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Queen Naga II wrote:
Fenrip wrote:
Queen Naga II wrote:For the price of 1 gold and 3 socket gems you can have arrows that do 3 different types of 1d6 arrows, once you have the cube made for the archer.

That is 3d6 of elemental damage, now is it worth it ?
Nope. I'd rather use the forgies on a socketed bow. I have especially bad luck finding reds. Only one since September 06. I bought one once for 800K. I'd imagine that the price is around 1Mil now. I'd rather buy 34,000 arrows that have one type of elemental damage type for that price. Then the blues and the yellows don;t come cheap either. Prolly another 25,000 arrows there.
Yes it is but the lack of socket gems is making this cube a pointless item to have.

I have only found two socket gems on two separate characters in over two weeks, and I play anything between 3 and 10 hours a day.
Excuse me but I thought we were talking here of arrows not bows and socket gems not forge stones.
I guess you'll have to excuse me. I thought you were bemoaning the high cost of socketing the arrows. I was looking at the arrows and the projectile launching implement as a whole as the damage delivery mechanism. I am working under the assumption that you use a bow to fire the arrows. Apparently you completely missed the fact that I agree that it is way costly to be an archers at mid to high levels.

You asked me if I thought it was worth it and I say not even friggin close. I'd have to say that should be your answer as well, or you would not be complaining about it.

Looking at the whole picture, the cost to make a cube, according to driller's recipe is a red, a blue, a yellow, and some easily obtainable items. I do not believe that is the best use for these stones. I'd rather take some rogue levels for the SA bump, forge up a bow, buy up tens of thousands of arrows with 1d6 magic damage and forgo the cost, in gold and time, to gather the socket gems I'd need. Tanks are there for the SA and crit immune fellers.

Help me understand what I am missing because it seems you are on both sides of this. It is either too expensive or it isn't. It is worth it or it isn't.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I don't think you are understanding me. The code and odds I posted are not literal, it is a logical example. Like I said before, the drop chances have not changed.

-driller
Queen Naga II wrote:So actually the only change is that socket gems should drop slightly more often having come down from 1d75 to 1d70.

Well something is amiss somewhere because they don't appear to be dropping more often, could there be a glitch in the script ?

I know the other day Drillers you said that some 26 forges had dropped on a particular day. Do you have the same data available to review drops of socket gems/runes, perhaps it may show an imbalance ?
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

By far and large, arcane archers are the most expensive characters to maintain on a battle to battle basis. Assuming they get maybe one good item per large battle, and their teammates don't need it, the sale goes towards arrows first and foremost.

For the record, I'd be extremely happy with a normal bow that had unlimited normal arrows. Mayhaps Driller could put some into the magic item list? Even making a range of bows with unlimited normal arrows.

I know of one forge stone that adds unlimited arrows to any bow, but I'm not going to say which one it is. I'm also going to assume that the type of arrow added to the bow is based on the forger's skill and whatnot.

I made a few examples for this post. Driller, if you like em, feel free to use em.

1. Normal longbow with unlimited normal arrows: LVL=7, GP=8150
2. +1 Longbow with unlimited normal arrows: LVL=9, GP=12154
3. +1 Longbow with unlimited lightning arrows: LVL=14, GP=38754
4. +3 Composite Longbow (Mighty +3) with unlimited normal arrows: LVL=14, GP=35010
5. +5 Comp. Longbow (Mighty +5) with unlimited lightning arrows: LVL=20, GP=117960

Anyway, just playing aroung with the toolset.

OOOO! I wonder if there are teleportation arrows anywhere in BSK? Those ought to be a load of fun to use!
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Queen Naga II wrote:
Wing--Zero wrote: LOL Driller with Queen Naga around looks like this Whining will never be put ot bed.

Number 1: There are no such things as sockted arrows ive checked every merchant and asked around.
Your so wise and wonderful <sarcasm>.
Arrows don't have sockets, the cube which is made at the forge enables you to apply socket gems to arrows up to 3 enhancements. And it can only apply one socket at a time and to only one bundle of 99 arrows.
wise--zero wrote:Number 2: Driller has fixed the forge so that you can now forge multiple arrows at one time. The best way to do it is get a red and other forgies and put them on about 1000 arrows.
I was not talking about the forge and the forge stones, I was talking about socket gems and the cube.
wise--zero wrote:Number 3: Akon already sells some of the best arrows that do Divine and Magical damage that cannot be soaked by any player or monster. I dont see whats so hard about going to akons and buying arrows there (b/c you have enough gold)
Akon's arrows are too expensive, take the issaacs arrows for example 33,000+ for a bundle of 99. At the fire rate of an AA would have it costs a fortune to be supplied, and its like throwing gold into a bottomless pit.
wise--zero wrote:Number 4: The only reason your complaining about Dimonds is b/c it ruins your rp. Plain and simple and trust me Dimonds and Rubys still drop b/c I was agervated with them last night.
Yes it does ruin my RP I already said this myself so why you feel the need to express it as if it adds weight to your view I don't know. Even your own research examples you showed here on the forum, there was not one diamond ruby emerald or fire opal. So even by your own research something is amiss.
unwise--zero wrote:Number 5: Seems your running out of things to complain about :)
You can call it what you like complaints whining whinging whatever suits your needs, to me they are none of this but opinions nothing more nothing less. At least in some cases I am offering alternatives instead of s\
niping at someone who happens to disagree with you.
Queen Naga I just wanted to apologize for "snipeing" you one the fourms. Ive been frustrated with some other players on bsk and I came on the fourms and basically took it out on you. For that I am sorry. I do agree with you that bows and arrows are hard to maintain gold for but, with the current way the loot drops are I think its easy enough to get money for them.

The Cube idea sounds neat but, maybe they can be set up the same way the forge is so you can socket multiple at one time. Not as many as in the forge but, enough to burn 3 socket gems on.

I still think the socket gem drops are fine b/c of the facts that driller stated. I was hunting for 1 hour tonight and only got 3-4 socket gems, no forge stones and 1 emerald, 1 ruby and a garnet (wich all made me mad b/c i was hopeing for a forge stone dorp). Basically what this seems to just be between us all is opinon based on how we think the server loot drops should be. Honestly though its not really up to us its what driller wants for his server that hes put so much time into. Belive me theres been plenty of changes that im not to crazy about myself . I just deal with them b/c its not my server its drillers and he will do things as he sees fit. Wich is what should be expected. Lets just all be glad we have such little things to complain about when it really could be worse.

At this time I just wanted to compliment driller on how good of a job hes done on the server. Ive seen it go through some major changes. Its came a long way from when it was just a little 20-40 area server. Blackstone has been fun like always and at times boring (but, who dosent get bored with a game they've played for 4-5 years now :) ). Just wanted to say thanks for putting in all the hours you do to make bsk the fun place it is today.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:I don't think you are understanding me. The code and odds I posted are not literal, it is a logical example. Like I said before, the drop chances have not changed.

-driller
i want to say thank for the hard work that u put on the server, i am trying to understand how the drop system works.... can u post the odds of getting a heal kit, gem (any), rune (any) and a forgie (any type) please :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Fenrip wrote:
Queen Naga II wrote:
Fenrip wrote: Nope. I'd rather use the forgies on a socketed bow. I have especially bad luck finding reds. Only one since September 06. I bought one once for 800K. I'd imagine that the price is around 1Mil now. I'd rather buy 34,000 arrows that have one type of elemental damage type for that price. Then the blues and the yellows don;t come cheap either. Prolly another 25,000 arrows there.
Excuse me but I thought we were talking here of arrows not bows and socket gems not forge stones.
I guess you'll have to excuse me. I thought you were bemoaning the high cost of socketing the arrows. I was looking at the arrows and the projectile launching implement as a whole as the damage delivery mechanism. I am working under the assumption that you use a bow to fire the arrows. Apparently you completely missed the fact that I agree that it is way costly to be an archers at mid to high levels.

You asked me if I thought it was worth it and I say not even friggin close. I'd have to say that should be your answer as well, or you would not be complaining about it.

Looking at the whole picture, the cost to make a cube, according to driller's recipe is a red, a blue, a yellow, and some easily obtainable items. I do not believe that is the best use for these stones. I'd rather take some rogue levels for the SA bump, forge up a bow, buy up tens of thousands of arrows with 1d6 magic damage and forgo the cost, in gold and time, to gather the socket gems I'd need. Tanks are there for the SA and crit immune fellers.

Help me understand what I am missing because it seems you are on both sides of this. It is either too expensive or it isn't. It is worth it or it isn't.
The cube itself is a little expensive to make, I have no quarrel with this as it should be in my opinion.

However the cost of applying sockets to the arrows with the cube can be only 1 gold per stack of 99. There is no other costs save for the socket gems/runes you apply at this stage.

Hence the expression of the shortage currently of socket gems particularly reds greens and definately blue socket gems. This then is effectively cheap to produce arrows with upto 3 different types of 1d6 elemental damage addded upon a basic bundle of 99 arrows.

The cube doesn't allow you unlike the forge to do multiple stacks at one time just one stack of 99 can be entered to the forge along with one socket gem of choice. Then you can a second choice and a final thrid choice.

Following this you can if you so desire now take all your newly socketed arrows up to the forge and add forge stones of choice but that is where the cost of gold will increment.

The point I am making is that the cube is worth making but only if the amount of socket gems is in good supply. Unfortunately of late they are not in good supply and there is a shortage of that supply.

Before the cube came along my character Cassy Peterson the merchant trader character was selling sockets stones, and had amassed some 7 or 8 bags full of them. The script was changed and shortly afterwards the cube introduced, at this time I had less than two bags of sockets gem. As a result I have not found any to replace my stock.

People ask me every day if I still sell sockets because they can't find the ones they want either and its not that they want to exchange what they have found either. It is they want to buy them from me outright because they have not found any for weeks.

So you see the dilemmia, have a wonderful cube but no socket gems to use to make better arrows. Hence the cube is becoming a waste of time in having made it all through lack of supply.

Hope that explains what I am saying here about the socket gems and why I can the cube a socket gem eater that is currently starving.
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Wing--Zero wrote: Queen Naga I just wanted to apologize for "snipeing" you one the fourms. Ive been frustrated with some other players on bsk and I came on the fourms and basically took it out on you. For that I am sorry. I do agree with you that bows and arrows are hard to maintain gold for but, with the current way the loot drops are I think its easy enough to get money for them.

The Cube idea sounds neat but, maybe they can be set up the same way the forge is so you can socket multiple at one time. Not as many as in the forge but, enough to burn 3 socket gems on.

I still think the socket gem drops are fine b/c of the facts that driller stated. I was hunting for 1 hour tonight and only got 3-4 socket gems, no forge stones and 1 emerald, 1 ruby and a garnet (wich all made me mad b/c i was hopeing for a forge stone dorp). Basically what this seems to just be between us all is opinon based on how we think the server loot drops should be. Honestly though its not really up to us its what driller wants for his server that hes put so much time into. Belive me theres been plenty of changes that im not to crazy about myself . I just deal with them b/c its not my server its drillers and he will do things as he sees fit. Wich is what should be expected. Lets just all be glad we have such little things to complain about when it really could be worse.

At this time I just wanted to compliment driller on how good of a job hes done on the server. Ive seen it go through some major changes. Its came a long way from when it was just a little 20-40 area server. Blackstone has been fun like always and at times boring (but, who dosent get bored with a game they've played for 4-5 years now :) ). Just wanted to say thanks for putting in all the hours you do to make bsk the fun place it is today.
Apology accepted, if you find socket gems especially the colours rather than runes and the likes of diamonds emeralds rubys fire opals my character Cassy will buy them all for more than Vogon or the Marvale hag.