Bow sockets

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

wait...
now u can socket arrows AND forge them with blue, yellow and red if u add inside the forge a magic bag + magic electrifier ?
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

My understanding is that the cube makes a bundle of arrows socketable and you can add elemental damage to regular arrows and avoid paying for the specialty arrows.

In the loooooong run it would be cheaper for those who use dedicated archers at the initial cost of the forgies and socket item per 99 arrows.
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Berforam wrote:wait...
now u can socket arrows AND forge them with blue, yellow and red if u add inside the forge a magic bag + magic electrifier ?
No the cube only adds from sockets gems and only one bundle of 99 and one socket gem at a time to a max of 3 enhancements. So if the arrows have already some enhancement that takes up a possible socket slot per enhancement. Again same as other socket items 1d8 equals 2 sockets used 2d4 or 1d10 means all 3 have been filled.

To add forge stones remains an opperation at the mystic forge as it is for any other item or weapon.
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

i have a nice idea !

Put inside the forge ONE bag with arrows inside it and a forge stone.

forge it and all arrows inside the bag will get the bonus.

give diferent properties to each kind of forge stone

like on hit slay (random - race / aligment)
random dmg dice and kind
on hit something else
vorpal
wounding
extra piercing dmg +1 to +5

ofcourse on hit slay would have to cost a better stone than on hit something else.

this way we wont waste ONE precious forge stone for ONE set of 99 arrows..

would be possible to forge like 20 sets of it.
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

It is a nice idea, you can get 14 stacs of arrows in one bag, but I bet Driller has already spotted that and you'll not be able to do it. Or the forge stone will apply itself to the bag only.

That is of course if the forge allows you to put a container within a container. Think the only instance this is possible is the creatation of the cube.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Queen Naga II wrote:It is a nice idea, you can get 14 stacs of arrows in one bag, but I bet Driller has already spotted that and you'll not be able to do it. Or the forge stone will apply itself to the bag only.

That is of course if the forge allows you to put a container within a container. Think the only instance this is possible is the creatation of the cube.
IF it is possible that the forge will take a container in a container and only effects arrows upon forging, the question becomes, how many bags will fit in the forge......

I wold not hold my breath though. Archers have been successful for a longtime and will continue to be so with or without mods to arrows.