Long time player. First time complainer.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Funny b/c I just got 3 socket gems today within 1-2 hours of play and I only went up from lvl 3-6 way before you would even need that many.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What so funny is the drops for stones are still 1d100 as they have been for years.

-driller
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

driller wrote:What so funny is the drops for stones are still 1d100 as they have been for years.

-driller
Seems that way to me...after all these "changes" started, I ran into 2 blues inside of 2 minutes. Then proceeded to pick up 2 reds in less than 24 hrs. Just last night, I snagged 3 forgies in the first half hour of playing. Everything comes and goes in spurts. I have the drought days, then I have the monsoon days. And OOOOH do I love them monsoon days.

It's simple, when I"m feelin a drought day, I go RP for a while and dink around, trying to solve various secrets I've come across. On the monsoon days, you better believe my fingers don't leave that keyboard and mouse.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Let me give you an example of the changes I did to put this whining to bed.

Old Code:
if(d100() == 1) DropHigh();
if(d20() == 1) DropLow();

You could get two drops at once, one good, one junk if you made the right rolls.

New code:
if(d100() == 1)
DropHigh();
else if(d20() == 1)
DropLow();

Only one drop can fall at a time, but the odds on getting the good stuff is still the same. Only the junk suffers.

-driller
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

driller wrote:Let me give you an example of the changes I did to put this whining to bed.

Old Code:
if(d100() == 1) DropHigh();
if(d20() == 1) DropLow();

You could get two drops at once, one good, one junk if you made the right rolls.

New code:
if(d100() == 1)
DropHigh();
else if(d20() == 1)
DropLow();

Only one drop can fall at a time, but the odds on getting the good stuff is still the same. Only the junk suffers.

-driller
Was this for the gong thingy or normal drops?
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

So what is the difference between the drop rates for forge stones compared to socket gems and then compared to standard gems ?

If they are all 1d100 that really does not make sense.

I would have assumed okay forges 1d100, but then socket gems 1d70 perhaps ??
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Looks like the code does not differentiate between forgestones and other valuable item drops. If this is true, then it would be impossible to (with this script) have a 1d70 for sockets and 1d100 for forgestones.
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Thats exactly why I am pointing this out as there is a shortage of socket gems and even greater shortage of standard gems like diamonds since the change.

The reason am on about socket gems is simply because the AA cube requires socket gems in steady supply to keep the AA character supplied in arrows. A good AA with haste and feats can fire off a bundle of arrows (99) in less than two real time minutes. We can't go around and pick the ones up that aren't damaged and reuse them they are lost for good. And as we know not every arrow hits and is also lost.

To make the arrows worth while at high epic levels the arrows are best to be fully socketed. Thus 3 socket gems needed per 99 arrows, if your only finding one socket gem once in a blue moon, the development of the cube to socket arrows becomes a useless accessary and baring the cost of actually crafting one in forge stones etc... It really should have use it was intended for.

The AA cube is a socket gem eater by any other word you could care to come up with, at the moment the cube is starving because the socket gems have become too rare.

Something needs to be done to address with in the loot drop system script and make it so that certain things can drop a bit better than forge stones.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Better save 'em for a special occasion then.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Thanatos wrote:Better save 'em for a special occasion then.
what the fun in that? why have them, if they so rare that takes the fun away from the game? that is bad logic you have kind sir the -special occasion- will never come to justify the use of them.... one should be able to use them whenever that (s)he wants too max out the fun factor 8)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

k9mouse wrote:
what the fun in that? why have them, if they so rare that takes the fun away from the game? that is bad logic you have kind sir the -special occasion- will never come to justify the use of them.... one should be able to use them whenever that (s)he wants too max out the fun factor 8)
Good Point K9.....*phones Driller* "Hey there Driller, could you please make it so nothing but red, blue, and amber forgies drop every time I kill something. Thanx...oh and could you go ahead and reduce the price of everything on the server to 1 gold while you're at it? Thanx bud."

K9!!! Snap out of it, lass! We need a reason to sit around and play. I certainly don't want everything handed to me on a silver platter. THAT"S what takes the fun away. Come on now, step it up a notch. :D
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Queen Naga II wrote:Thats exactly why I am pointing this out as there is a shortage of socket gems and even greater shortage of standard gems like diamonds since the change.

The reason am on about socket gems is simply because the AA cube requires socket gems in steady supply to keep the AA character supplied in arrows. A good AA with haste and feats can fire off a bundle of arrows (99) in less than two real time minutes. We can't go around and pick the ones up that aren't damaged and reuse them they are lost for good. And as we know not every arrow hits and is also lost.

To make the arrows worth while at high epic levels the arrows are best to be fully socketed. Thus 3 socket gems needed per 99 arrows, if your only finding one socket gem once in a blue moon, the development of the cube to socket arrows becomes a useless accessary and baring the cost of actually crafting one in forge stones etc... It really should have use it was intended for.

The AA cube is a socket gem eater by any other word you could care to come up with, at the moment the cube is starving because the socket gems have become too rare.

Something needs to be done to address with in the loot drop system script and make it so that certain things can drop a bit better than forge stones.
LOL Driller with Queen Naga around looks like this Whining will never be put ot bed.

Number 1: There are no such things as sockted arrows ive checked every merchant and asked around.

Number 2: Driller has fixed the forge so that you can now forge multiple arrows at one time. The best way to do it is get a red and other forgies and put them on about 1000 arrows.

Number 3: Akon already sells some of the best arrows that do Divine and Magical damage that cannot be soaked by any player or monster. I dont see whats so hard about going to akons and buying arrows there (b/c you have enough gold)

Number 4: The only reason your complaining about Dimonds is b/c it ruins your rp. Plain and simple and trust me Dimonds and Rubys still drop b/c I was agervated with them last night.

Number 5: Seems your running out of things to complain about :)
Last edited by Wing--Zero on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

i am not saying that stuff should be -handed- to the players, but that is a fine line between stuff being rare (which is a good thing) and being so rare that it becomes useless... yes, we should work towards a good reward, but on the other hand if stuff becomes so rare, peeps just hoard it for the right time to use, but that never comes.
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

lol... duo complains about -complaining- //i do not see that as complaining either, she is just stating how she see things.. right or wrong, who knows, but does have the right to say whatever she wants to say, if u don't like it, just find the scroll wheel on your mouse :wink:
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Im not complaining Im giveing you all facts to show you why your wrong about loot drops. Simple as that.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon