Blackstone Poll

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Blackstone Keep is...

...like a fine wine, it gets better with each passing day.
43%
...like an old rock band that has forgotten the sound that made them a success.
57%

Total votes: 69

k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Thanatos wrote:
I would expect you to be putting stuff back INTO my pockets *coughs* blue forgie *coughs* :P
i will .. for your dark soul :twisted:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

I actually think #3 would be the most popular choice.

#3. Blacstone Keep is like an old Rock Band who's drunk on fine wine. It can remember some of the words to the old great songs but they're mixed in with all the new music.

In other words, there were some really great things of the past that made lasting memories of exciting times, but not all of the changes that have been made over time are horrible.

The main goal for BSK as I thought it was..............was to be a place for ALL player types. RP-LITE is just that. It's not a Pure RP server or an action server, it's a combination. If changes take place that make either group (pure action or pure RP players) dislike this place then I believe they should go find a pure type server.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

GoVols wrote:I actually think #3 would be the most popular choice.

#3. Blacstone Keep is like an old Rock Band who's drunk on fine wine. It can remember some of the words to the old great songs but they're mixed in with all the new music.

In other words, there were some really great things of the past that made lasting memories of exciting times, but not all of the changes that have been made over time are horrible.

The main goal for BSK as I thought it was..............was to be a place for ALL player types. RP-LITE is just that. It's not a Pure RP server or an action server, it's a combination. If changes take place that make either group (pure action or pure RP players) dislike this place then I believe they should go find a pure type server.
I agreed
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

*glances at the sad looking gals and hazy Thans*

:twisted: Yes, if RP paves the road I shall take a deep grab in yer pocket! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because I are teh evilnez :twisted:

(mind you, gold only)
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

if you steal form me (i don't care what), i _will_ hunt anyone down like the dogs that they are... Also, if you what to see evil, i will ye what pure dark evil is like :evil:
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

:ninja: one can not retaliate to the unseen! HAI!

O:)
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

i will go after your user name and all your chars and i don't play nice :twisted:
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

[-X
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Cajin wrote:[-X
Dear Friend, I am trying to be nice and gave you and anyone else a fare warning. I would like to be nice and help people, but any who rapes me by unwilling killing or pp me.. well let us just say, i will make sure that your life is a living hell....
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

I voted the fine wine. You see, the mere fact that this poll has been posted shows this to be true. It means the administration still strives to improve what has been created rather than leaving it to go stale.

I would like to see a purpose for the Guilds to exist as has been discussed. If by relaxing the PvP and PP rules this can be accomplished, then I am for it.

There are people who profess to be in Guilds and they are incapable to act against those who sit in the safety of the Keep and mock them. I'd like to see the text that appears after they are struck down where they stand for said mockery.

As for PP, this skill was unbalanced from the start to make the single player game fun for PP's. It does not translate well to multi-player. There is no way to avoid being PP'd. You will lose something almost every time whether or not you detect the attempt. Even if you kill the PPer, you still lose something.

My way of dealing with this, is to take enough skill points in PP to return the favor once they are slain. All you need is a modified 29 in PP and you cannot fail, even when the person is dead. Who cares if they see it? I want them to see that I PP'd them, it shows them that I will return the favor any time I am PP'd.

I look forward to seeing the changes proposed. I am sure that the player community will adapt to whatever changes are made, just as they always have.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I actually still have old code in that causes any PP'r to drop all his stolen items when killed. I just to uncomment it to make it work.

-driller
jackybaby wrote:I voted the fine wine. You see, the mere fact that this poll has been posted shows this to be true. It means the administration still strives to improve what has been created rather than leaving it to go stale.

I would like to see a purpose for the Guilds to exist as has been discussed. If by relaxing the PvP and PP rules this can be accomplished, then I am for it.

There are people who profess to be in Guilds and they are incapable to act against those who sit in the safety of the Keep and mock them. I'd like to see the text that appears after they are struck down where they stand for said mockery.

As for PP, this skill was unbalanced from the start to make the single player game fun for PP's. It does not translate well to multi-player. There is no way to avoid being PP'd. You will lose something almost every time whether or not you detect the attempt. Even if you kill the PPer, you still lose something.

My way of dealing with this, is to take enough skill points in PP to return the favor once they are slain. All you need is a modified 29 in PP and you cannot fail, even when the person is dead. Who cares if they see it? I want them to see that I PP'd them, it shows them that I will return the favor any time I am PP'd.

I look forward to seeing the changes proposed. I am sure that the player community will adapt to whatever changes are made, just as they always have.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:I actually still have old code in that causes any PP'r to drop all his stolen items when killed. I just to uncomment it to make it work.

-driller
please do kind sir
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

driller wrote:I actually still have old code in that causes any PP'r to drop all his stolen items when killed. I just to uncomment it to make it work.

-driller
Now that would be something. But is it possible to trade stolen goods with someone and then that person loses said fairly traded goods when they die?

Hmmm...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Actually the thief only dropped items that he stole from the killer.

-driller
Fenrip wrote:

-driller
Now that would be something. But is it possible to trade stolen goods with someone and then that person loses said fairly traded goods when they die?

Hmmm...
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

OH HO!!! I say bring it (if it does not cause lag).