Blackstone Poll

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Blackstone Keep is...

...like a fine wine, it gets better with each passing day.
43%
...like an old rock band that has forgotten the sound that made them a success.
57%

Total votes: 69

Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Ah well k9...

I'm just providing counter point- I honestly appreciate that Driller is like any great 'ol DM.. (aka PnP style) he's always looking to improve or try new things with his creation-

I don't mind spicing things up.. but I won't ever forget my first on-line experience on an RP server.. where I was grief killed, PP'ed and BASHED.! On that server..if the player bashed your corspe.. they could steal ALL of your gold. The xp hit was severe, losing all your gold worse (low magic server).. and the wait in "heaven" to get back IG.. too long.

My first half hour on-line ever.. and I was pissed.. and powerless to do anything about it except for 1 almighty thing K9Mouse...

Invoking the power of voting with my feet..

And coming to BSK.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Doofy Britches wrote:Ah well k9...

I'm just providing counter point- I honestly appreciate that Driller is like any great 'ol DM.. (aka PnP style) he's always looking to improve or try new things with his creation-

I don't mind spicing things up.. but I won't ever forget my first on-line experience on an RP server.. where I was grief killed, PP'ed and BASHED.! On that server..if the player bashed your corspe.. they could steal ALL of your gold. The xp hit was severe, losing all your gold worse (low magic server).. and the wait in "heaven" to get back IG.. too long.

My first half hour on-line ever.. and I was pissed.. and powerless to do anything about it except for 1 almighty thing K9Mouse...

Invoking the power of voting with my feet..

And coming to BSK.
i am scared bsk will be like that... i have been here for awhile now... and just some peeps just like to be jerks... it just take a few to make bsk suck
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

Thanatos wrote:I can see this forming already. A booth in the middle of nowhere that you can walk up to, pay a ridiculous fee ( 5mil ) and the guy inside the booth pushes the "Smite" key on the person you selected.
Guild of Assassins in other words
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

I've watched this thread pretty much since it began and I've waited to post until I could read each and everyones post here and then make my decision on what to write, and if it has relevance to the topic.

Now people have called me very diplomatic, so it may seem that I'm a little wishy-washy or that I'm too middle of the road, but look closely. I'm talking about something I care about very much, and that's BSK. When I log on to play NWN, I immediately go for online and BSK, no other servers. I've never finished the prepacked mod, and only play it when I need a NWN fix and BSK is full. So do I have a definite interest in what happens in the keep, DEFINITELY. On average, I play this sucker for about 18 hours a week!

Sir Driller:
Thanks for your interest in how we feel about the keep. I will be voting in the positive as soon as I finish this post. (I do think not providing a middle ground as it were - say an option for "I feel the Keep is like "Law and Order" an innovative idea at its time that is revitalized by the addition of some timely aspects or new twists but can be stale or by the numbers at times - is a little limiting)

I think all of the ideas that you've mentioned for "spicing" up the keep sound really cool. And if you implement them I will cater my style of play and my character creation to work within that setting. I have some great ideas for "Evil" character creation and how to implement them in the keep. Not grief killing or player harrassing but maybe giving someone a little chill when they walk by them in the keep.

All I ask is that you do what you seem to have done since it's inception, and that is listen to your player feedback, whiny or not. I can tell you that I really dislike the Umgah mages, because my level 40 character (monk/SD) can't hit them - even with a AB over 55 - does that stop me from going to Nethriss or the underdark? No. Do I complain about it, No. Do I miss the drops falling hand over fist, Yes. Do I complain about it, No. I really easy going and I enjoy being able to play so much that these things are just like life to me: I deal with them each as they come and they don't stop me from pursuing my goal. I just don't fall anyone else for speaking up about them because after all, sometimes it takes that squeaky wheel to get some oil.

To any would be griefer or pvp'er for no good reason, just be warned. In the good words of Wyatt Earp in Tombstone:

"You called down the thunder and now you've got it! You tell 'em the law's comin'. Tell 'em I'm comin', and hell's comin' with me... HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!!!"
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

just some ideas to add in to -new- bsk.... can't wait to see what the new version will look like and helping with player/monsters balancing.... (i also have come concerns)

1) Community Music Pack

if you don't want to use this... it will be a shame. I do have a plan "B" by using code, one can make a "juke box" When one song ends, it will play a different one.. may be like 3 or 4 different ones in a row before it repeats itself. I do love NWN music, but after spending countless hours in one area, just hearing the battle music.. it does get old. May i make a request? Can we have the music pack or a jukebox for high traffic areas?

2) The Community Creature Project
may be adding more monsters, will also help to lighten up some areas with making an uber builds (yes should have their area also, but "normal" people should have a good place to mine as well. For the most part, we have that now, i just hope we can keep it :roll:

where i get my info...
http://nwvault.ign.com/
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

K9, what do you mean *NEW* BSK? Driller makes changes and all of a sudden it's new? If that's the case it's been new countless times. It's like if Microsoft promoted each new Windows patch as a new program!

He's adding some ideas, and just because he's announced some plans, like with anything in life, who knows if all the changes will occur and/or if they show up in the form originally conceived?
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

new = major overhaul of the whole mod To tell you the truth, i am hopeing for some small spice, instead a whole dinner.. oh well... driller is a wise builder ( crossing her fingers and hopeing that driller does not go over broad with his ideas)
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

I think I'll go on vacation shortly after this is implemented. Good luck with it, but I'm not going to deal with the mess...
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

DM Rendyll wrote:I think I'll go on vacation shortly after this is implemented. Good luck with it, but I'm not going to deal with the mess...
a wise dm... :wink: who knows it may not be as bad that some peeps think it will be or is that wishful thinking?
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

well...all this complaining on PP makes me only want to say one thing really :lol:

I WILL PP YOU ALL!!! :twisted: *maniacal laughter*

ALL!

but I will take gold only and give bigger things back :roll: unless I don't like you :twisted:
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

Take it back to the old ways Driller. I am all for a bit of chaos in the keep so long as it is rp based. The days or the evil mischief makers and the do gooder protectors needs to see a come back. As of now there really isn't much use for those types of guilds as you pointed out. It would be a breath of fresh air.

And yes there will be some asshats out there that will go around griefing people if they feel like it. But they can still do that now if they want outside the keep. For those who are concerned about their characters being griefed by these types of characters, just remember there are a lot more characters that would gladly give you and ic or ooc rez and do whatever they can to help protect you.

MORE AREAS! Get rid of old unused ones if you have to but part of the fun on any server you go to is being able to explore and encounter new quests, monsters, and merchants. I think this is really the most lacking part of the server currently.

No matter what BSK is still great. BSK is your baby Driller. Go with yer gut. Don't base too many of your decisions on complaints and whiners.
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

DM Rendyll wrote:I think I'll go on vacation shortly after this is implemented. Good luck with it, but I'm not going to deal with the mess...
What kinda attitude is that. I hope you are just kidding. This is where the DM presence will be very interesting and greatly needed. It may get a bit messy. But who doesn't like to play in dirt and splash in mud puddles? I thought this was the whole point of being a DM?
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

well...all this complaining on PP makes me only want to say one thing really Laughing

I WILL PP YOU ALL!!! Twisted Evil *maniacal laughter*

ALL!

but I will take gold only and give bigger things back Rolling Eyes unless I don't like you Twisted Evil
*puppy eyes* Would you really PP me Cajin :roll:
-Lady Sabel
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Kalizzle wrote:
well...all this complaining on PP makes me only want to say one thing really Laughing

I WILL PP YOU ALL!!! Twisted Evil *maniacal laughter*

ALL!

but I will take gold only and give bigger things back Rolling Eyes unless I don't like you Twisted Evil
*puppy eyes* Would you really PP me Cajin :roll:
or me? ~looks very sad~
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Cajin wrote:well...all this complaining on PP makes me only want to say one thing really :lol:

I WILL PP YOU ALL!!! :twisted: *maniacal laughter*

ALL!

but I will take gold only and give bigger things back :roll: unless I don't like you :twisted:
I would expect you to be putting stuff back INTO my pockets *coughs* blue forgie *coughs* :P
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time