Just a question...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Ottolette
Commoner
Commoner

Just a question...

Post by Ottolette »

Would anyone care if I wrote out Galen's history and dumped it onto the public cork board? Because I see Beldin's there, and its really good and all (two thumbs up dude) but I don't really see all that much positive feedback (of which mine will be made of note here, so there).

Also, if I did, which part of his life would you want to read? (because there are many parts, people who know him would know what I'm talking about)
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I'd like to know the man behind the scythe.

Well ... not really but it might provide me with something better than sitting in your spot.

How about what shaped your opinion of Celestials? I think they are just groovy and you, clearly, do not.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

go for it sir 8)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

'Typically' it's not good form to make ooc comments on an active RP thread. If you want feedback for your stuff, I'd suggest tacking a quick one-liner at the end of your first post like:
// Please PM me any feedback, suggestions, or comments on the thread. Thanks!

But yeah! Post up some jazz! I wanna see it, and always encourage zeh writings.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Re: Just a question...

Post by viobane »

Ottolette wrote:Would anyone care if I wrote out Galen's history and dumped it onto the public cork board? Because I see Beldin's there, and its really good and all (two thumbs up dude) but I don't really see all that much positive feedback (of which mine will be made of note here, so there).

Also, if I did, which part of his life would you want to read? (because there are many parts, people who know him would know what I'm talking about)
Thanks for the kudos =) I've always seen that as being the purpose of the Public Cork Board... To post character stories. I've enjoyed writing up things on a few of my characters, and even got Zacharias involved in one until he dropped out of the picture. It's also a way for me to goof off at work and write about all the BSK exploits I find myself in.

Now if only I could catch up! My stories are always about two to four months behind.

So, I don't think there's any need to ask permission... Just use the Cork Board for what it's there for and write to your heart's content!

[BTW, I've received some positive feedback in PMs, but I'm writing for my own reasons and not looking for any particular praise other than seeing the view count go up. If you want that sort of thing then write your stories and post some sort of thread asking for feedback and such in the General area.]
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

Ottolette Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:12 am Post subject: Just a question...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would anyone care if I wrote out Galen's history and dumped it onto the public cork board? Because I see Beldin's there, and its really good and all (two thumbs up dude) but I don't really see all that much positive feedback (of which mine will be made of note here, so there).

I for one would REALLY enjoy hearing about Galen's history and exploits. In his various interactions with Dana, Yo, Huo and Wong I've appreciated that Galen is a true "character". Go for yours!
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

viobane wrote:[BTW, I've received some positive feedback in PMs, but I'm writing for my own reasons and not looking for any particular praise other than seeing the view count go up. If you want that sort of thing then write your stories and post some sort of thread asking for feedback and such in the General area.]
Well, if you insist on writing well, the view count will keep going up!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:
viobane wrote:[BTW, I've received some positive feedback in PMs, but I'm writing for my own reasons and not looking for any particular praise other than seeing the view count go up. If you want that sort of thing then write your stories and post some sort of thread asking for feedback and such in the General area.]
Well, if you insist on writing well, the view count will keep going up!
:oops:
Ishamael
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ishamael »

viobane wrote:
Ottolette wrote:Would anyone care if I wrote out Galen's history and dumped it onto the public cork board? Because I see Beldin's there, and its really good and all (two thumbs up dude) but I don't really see all that much positive feedback (of which mine will be made of note here, so there).

Thanks for the kudos =) I've always seen that as being the purpose of the Public Cork Board... To post character stories. I've enjoyed writing up things on a few of my characters, and even got Zacharias involved in one until he dropped out of the picture. It's also a way for me to goof off at work and write about all the BSK exploits I find myself in.

Now if only I could catch up! My stories are always about two to four months behind.

So, I don't think there's any need to ask permission... Just use the Cork Board for what it's there for and write to your heart's content!

[BTW, I've received some positive feedback in PMs, but I'm writing for my own reasons and not looking for any particular praise other than seeing the view count go up. If you want that sort of thing then write your stories and post some sort of thread asking for feedback and such in the General area.]
Yeah, good stuff on that cork board. Once I'm able to play more I'll probably start to post more up there. The board kind of seems like its asleep....Time to wake it up!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I'm not opposed...but does it have to be the WHOLE story? :P
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Thanatos wrote:I'm not opposed...but does it have to be the WHOLE story? :P
Don't worry Thanatos... For a fair fee I could be persuaded to send you a summary.
Ottolette
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ottolette »

Thanathos has a point, though, because his history is freakishly long, and I'd probably highlight the more important parts... also, I wouldn't want to spend time doing something that no one cares about, hence this thread.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

You could always write your story in the POV of a bard trying to chronicle his exploits. That would allow you to hit on the most important points. Do you have a bard character you could use for the task? I guess it could be a chance to create a new character. I'm always looking for excuses to do that. Not that it takes too much.
.Stinky Pete.
Baron
Baron

Post by .Stinky Pete. »

*Stinky Pete, cub reporter, enters carrying a pad of paper and pencil*

I'm on site today with Galen Harn.

Mr. Harn, how did you feel the first time you lopped the head off of a zombie?

Do you still get the same thrill lopping off heads now as you did then?

And so on and so forth.....
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

ValentianNizzle wrote:
Thanatos wrote:I'm not opposed...but does it have to be the WHOLE story? :P
Don't worry Thanatos... For a fair fee I could be persuaded to send you a summary.
There's money to be made there, bud.

"Anything worth selling is worth selling twice." - Some random Acquistion rule.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time