A Portal in The Underdark Crossroads

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

A Portal in The Underdark Crossroads

Post by Capt Cliff »

With the New Umgah Mages do we need a portal in the underdark crossroads? Dam it's outright dangerous to traverse the Umgah city, even from the portal to the crossroad entrance. I assume they can see thru greater sanctuary as well as invis.
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

No need and besides.. using the portals are a use at your own risk... many's the time I've rezzed a dead person running from the portal to the Crossroads gate. Only now ya gotta run faster ... those epic Greater Ruins'll give ya heartburn.

And no, they shouldn't see/be able to target you but hey, it would be cool to see :twisted: (but they -can- see you under invisibility....hehe)

Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

It has been proven that Greater Sanctuary can conceal someone from a hostile with true seeing. How reliable it is however is another question as it sometimes can misfire with only the effect of a normal Sanctuary spell.

If you can, you might consider summoning a creature to act as a decoy which could buy you enough time to run to safety.
The only constant is change.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Moving the portal takes all the fun of running for your life!

Besides, I'm sure someone could always take the long way to the Crossroads if they don't like umgah mages.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

yup .. mages are being a pain in the butt again.. enought said....
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Re: A Portal in The Underdark Crossroads

Post by BaskingDemon »

Capt Cliff wrote:With the New Umgah Mages do we need a portal in the underdark crossroads? Dam it's outright dangerous to traverse the Umgah city, even from the portal to the crossroad entrance. I assume they can see thru greater sanctuary as well as invis.
^spam^

Heaven forbid that forays into the Underdark should be DANGEROUS! :shock:
It's hardly like you have to cross the whole damn area to get to the crossroads, and you dont even get delayed by having to open the door.
Rainsanctum
Knight
Knight

Post by Rainsanctum »

Capt Cliff wrote:I assume they can see thru greater sanctuary as well as invis.
It's nwn's bug, i'm not sure if it's been fixed in v1.68, but before that the following actions would make greater sanctury ineffective: use another greater sanctuary when ur still in greater sanctury; use (improved) invisibility together with greater sanctury.

And try not to use spells that'll give u an aura. Once the enemies enter the aura, ur greater sanctury'll be gone.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

I'm sorry. I haven't been in the underdark lately. But if i would have been i always avoid the mages and kill the normal umgahs then jump out again to heal. I'm not going to bother with the mages.

People should just ignore them and maybe they will go away :twisted:

Gues you have to make a pc that can withstand a few gr's or buy those +7 con boots and run for it. How about you open up a portal the bsk with one of those scrolls. That would work.

You just have to find some ways around them.
Also i would gladly be decoy for a small fee :P
But drops are low and i don't think people can afford much.

Look for Grendel if you need a decoy, or Belian Ravenguard.
Valnir Raven

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

WOW! *slipping noose from around neck and running like hell as the mob starts to argue over what to do with the body, if properly cooked*

It's safer in Umgahville than on this forum ....Yicks! :P
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

A recount of Thanatos' last trip to the umgah's...

*Portals in*
*Looks to the right*
*Looks to the left*
*Doesn't see anything even remotely dangerous*
*Looks back to the right*
*Looks back to the left*
*Again sees nothing even remotely dangerous*
*Scans the area one more time*
*Makes a mad dash for the door*
*Gets swarmed by an untold number of Umgahs after stepping off the portal*

It seriously looked like a Looney Tunes episode with the Rooster trying to cross the road and getting smoked by the truck. I looked around for somebody I could trip, but there was only me. I nearly died laughing it was so funny. I'll remember to bring along my decoy next time.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

Rainsanctum wrote:
Capt Cliff wrote:I assume they can see thru greater sanctuary as well as invis.
It's nwn's bug, i'm not sure if it's been fixed in v1.68, but before that the following actions would make greater sanctury ineffective: use another greater sanctuary when ur still in greater sanctury; use (improved) invisibility together with greater sanctury.

And try not to use spells that'll give u an aura. Once the enemies enter the aura, ur greater sanctury'll be gone.
It has been attempted fixed, but not successfully. Improved Invsibility, Displacement, Ghostly Visage and Ethereal Visage prior to casting a Greater Sanctuary, before having True Seeing enemies within your visual perimeter, will allow them to see and attack you as if you're without Greater Sanctuary. This is probably due to the script that runs every time concealment is attempted stacked.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Truesight sees through every concealment accept Greater Sanctuary.

If you just have GS on, the Mages should not see you unless the Lag Monster causes a glitch..

BUT!!!

If you have any of the other spells that Truesight is designed to breach while you ALSO use the GS, it will cause a bug from the last NWN patch to allow your character to be seen.

Only GS=Truesight should not see you.
GS+any other "concealment spell"= NWN bug= You get seen.

And with this post... I undo the myth that I never offer any useful information.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:And with this post... I undo the myth that I never offer any useful information.

Myle
*is utterly devastated*, gets himself a cookie and a Kleenex*
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

What I was suggesting in this tread was a place like the Inner Sanctum where PC's can buff before entering the fray! That's all ....
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

That was a good suggestion, Cliff... Now prepare to get owned by the Mages like everyone else! :P
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.