New Umagh's mages

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Do you like them?

I don't care either way
17%
Hades NO!! Just get rid of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7%
Good work Diller!! (yes i do like them in the main area)
50%
Yes I do like them, but they should be moved into an extended temple area
27%

Total votes: 30

k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

If you look at my frist post, I had two requests: 1) put them into inside the temple and make that area bigger 2) just get rid of them. driller just said no to idea number two (get rid of). He did not say anyting about number one (extended temple area) I am waiting for a reply on that idea (number one). If I get no reply, I will assume he is still thinking about it and it is still up in the air. When anyone saything, please make sure one is saying a whole answer.... :)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Adding mages to the Umgah does not necessarily qualify as making the area unplayable. To the contrary, it has been mentioned that we are seeking to encourage more party forming and this addition seems to have worked wonderfully.

There are still many areas in the server that people can camp and farm for gold and items. Just because the umgah were a favorite for many, does not mean that they are immune to changes.

No area of this server is immune to having changes made. Sometimes the changes may be popular, somethigs they may be unpopular and sometimes they will require a period of transitition for people to grow accustomed.

If a players fun is limited to a single area, then I submit that they are not really having much fun.

Those rational are not specifically RP oriented. The server has it's own stories that exist and all players have to accept to some extent.:

Foxy and Akon are the most powerful surface casters.
Lord Driller is a reclusive noble who claims most of the Blackstone surface region even if he does not have operational control over it.
The mayor was appointed by Lord Driller to manage the Keep and the Hamlet.
The Rune Portals were left over from a previous civilization.
There is a group of beings known only as The Ancients who are more powerful than the current God pantheon.
To quest or shrine run, you have to "participate" with the dialogue of the NPC's involving the underlieing server story involving Shaly.

It is not unreasonable that even hack-n-slashers notice that within designated city areas, that the "people" there may proactivily seek to defend themselves.

You should hear the cries of " that son of a censored DM gave those Bleeping (insert critter name) (select one or more of the following: Truesight, More AC, More damage potential, More HP, resistance to *you nameit*, insane skills *usually to nerf the knockdown spam*) that I hear when I notice a player who is in an area and clearly having absolutely no challange.

It is not uncommon for a player to get outright indignate if they suddenly start taking damage when they just "KNOW" they have the perfect gear on to ace thier chosen prey.

Pish...

Just because a formula works atm, does not mean it will always work.

Especially if I happen to think someone needs a bit more challange.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

If you can't stand the heat

Stay out of the kitchen
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

I have several chrs from a cleric to a melee...even my mage can handle the new umgah mages so i personally cant see what all the darn fuss is about

I love them where they are...and yes like Basking has posted if the kitchen is to hot then get outta the heat.

I cant see the need for any alterations in the umgah city...if ya dont like it there..try the sleekstaks or Azuls or the mindflayers or even the beholder caves ...explore the underdark ..sheesh some folks have no imagination :shock:
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
FOXY LADY790
Count
Count

Post by FOXY LADY790 »

BaskingDemon wrote:If you can't stand the heat

Stay out of the kitchen
INdeed i love them its more fun now :lol
I may be small but im fast cunning and very very devious
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

If your going to post, post in English please.
I don't mind a few sentences, but make your point in English.

Like I said before, if you want to talk politics, do so in the Open Forum.

Thanks,
-driller
Valnir Raven

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I think this thread is ripe for closing.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Well I was expecting that, I was not disappointed at all.

Thanks for making my point.

Land of the free, not.

So I guess this is an official notice that all post should be in English. So is that American or British English?

Dat is de tweede post verwijderd, schijnbaar kan hij niet tegen zijn verlies.
Valnir Raven

Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

Rainsanctum wrote:the anient dragon shapes can only merge armor.( once ur weapon is buffed and then u use shape change, the buffs canot even be dispelled until it expires. it is counted as a permanent ability)
Dragonshape should, by default Bioware settings, merge armor, shield and helmet.
Valnir wrote:My risen lord form gets a self buffed ab of around 45 with 4 attacks. The very nice +20 ab bunus that can be gotten from a forged weapon does not merge. Even the +10 enchantment bonus does not merge, it does give the extra +10 damage but not the +10 to ab. It is one of the limitations of the game i gues.
The magical attack bonus is capped at +20. This means that you'll never get more than that number from buffs, magical abilitites and items - there are some exceptions, such as the Arcane Archer's Enchant Arrow and Smite Evil, but as said earlier, no rule without exception. ;o)
Rainsanctum wrote: btw, i donot know how these stinger mages can cast so many epic spells(maybe use their magic staff), it doesnot matter though. but now they seem to have both automatical silent spell III and automatical quicken spell III. so neither silence nor disrupting their casting seems to work. my suggestion is maybe some of them can only have automatical quicken spell, while the others only have automatical silent spell. this can make them more reasonable to fight. just a suggestion.
I'm just assuming now, but an unlimited amount of Greater Ruins and Hellballs sounds like they've been set to have them as Monster Ability. (Small digression: Though I'm not certain, I believe that amount is capped at 15.) Monster abilitities are not affected by such as Arcane Spell Failure (though the Greater Ruin and Hellball abilities are not, normally, either), Silence, Taunt (Again with the Arcane Spell Failure), Concentration checks and so on.

- Though, it's not impossible to make them, the mages, that is, succeptable to these aforesaid effects, but that would mean Driller would have to invest some more time in the design of them, and I'm sure he has more than enough to do already.
Rainsanctum wrote: ps: i have divine damage immunity but it doesnot help much actually..
If you're referring to the Greater Ruin, the damage from that feat is Positive, so if Divine Immunity does not protect you, don't be shocked. ;o)

Though, without having tried these mages, from what you guys are writing on the forum, I can imagine what they're like. One part says they miss being able to 'pwn/mine/hackNslash', while the other part welcomes the challange. Forgive me for generalising, but I have responses for both perspectives:

To the first party: Let's think a bit of those who think the module itself has become somewhat too easy, okay ? Maybe we should fold our hand and let them have some fun, now ? I'm sure that they've all been missing some serious need of party-playing to be able to control a group of enemies, anyway.

To the second party: Let's face it; BSK isn't exactly designed to prevent grinding/mining/hackNslash. People have been doing so for ages, and I suppose they should have their say, too. Having an area that'll cover their needs, aswell, would be an idea.

Also, personally I'm not too sure about what seems to me to be the main argument of those wanting to keep the new mages. Though not having fought them myself, yet, I do know a cliché when I read about it. Giving them more AC and a large amount of more or less unblockable spells ? Why, to me, that's the same as just having a certain area in a room where you'll die, if you go there. I personally appreciate the kind of challange where you encounter life-threatening level 3 spells (type: OnHit level 40 Searing Light added to weapons), so you can, if you have said spell, use a simple Minor Globe of Invaulnerability to not have to worry about that.

Anyway, you get the idea. Just my two cents. ;o)
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Valnir wrote:Well I was expecting that, I was not disappointed at all.

Land of the free, not.

So I guess this is an official notice that all post should be in English. So is that American or British English?

I think he's got something against ze use of curse words, but that's just what I think. Oh and everyone can go to here if they want to translate that dutch, more or less.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Land of the free, not.

Well, *technically* this is a private server, not a governmental agency, so it is NOT the land of the free, it's the land of someone else's property and that person (driller) has the right to set rules and restrictions on the sort of language people use.

However, I'm confused by your entire complaint as it does not appear to be attached to any comments on this thread... Although you may have had a post deleted, in which case, see the above paragraph.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I am retracting my earlier complaint about the mages. After having a couple days to let the initial shock wear off, I feel it's our duty as players to rise to the challenge. Whether it's partying up or tweaking builds...this is what we do. So props to driller and the DM team for giving us something to soak our free time into. And there's my 2 cents.

*heads back to the drawing board to crunch some numbers*
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Valnir,

You've had your little act of rebellion against "The Man". This is the last post I am allowing on this. Take it to the Open Forum and rant all you want, just follow the rules.

-driller

Land of the free, not.

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Stay out of the kitchen
and if you can't stand the cold, don't sleep on the floor!

Where do i know that song from?
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:

Stay out of the kitchen
and if you can't stand the cold, don't sleep on the floor!

Where do i know that song from?
I know it from RL. It's the song ze girlfriend sings everytime I upset her.