Forge stone list?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

KingAwsm
Knight
Knight

Forge stone list?

Post by KingAwsm »

Can someone tell me where i can find something that tells me what all of the forge stones do so i don't have to keep asking my friend Lukas cause he gets annoyed, any help would be appreciated.
KingAwsm is the king of all kings.
(thats me)

Siuol Jarna: Blackguard
Fren Kross: Druid
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

You'll have to keep asking. This information is only to be obtained in-game, and not on the forums. This has been policy for a very long time, and will continue to be policy. Forge info is not to be divulged on the forums. Thank you.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I will tell you a secret.

Get a pencil.

Get some paper.

Ask your friend about each stone and write down the information.

Once you have written down the stones and thier properties, either tape it to your desk or open your journal and type it in.

Tahdah!

Now you do not have to ask anymore :)

Once you get all the forge info and your comfortable with it.... let me know in a PM.

Then I will use my tyrannical power on Driller and force him to change the Forger stuff around again.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:

Once you get all the forge info and your comfortable with it.... let me know in a PM.

Then I will use my tyrannical power on Driller and force him to change the Forger stuff around again.

Myle
Oh No ... please sir ... don't do that ... PLEASE NOOOOOOOO! *run's off into the wasteland screaming* :P
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

the DMs say not to post the effects of the forgies on the forums
~hello iam Lukas Mandingo, just the friendly neighborhood gnome~

lvl 40's-
Lukas Mandingo
Undead Lord
Caldor Bet'e'line
Lefur Nufgenk
and the latest and greatest...~The Black knight~
KingAwsm
Knight
Knight

Post by KingAwsm »

I didn't know that you couldn't post the effects of the stones on here... :(
KingAwsm is the king of all kings.
(thats me)

Siuol Jarna: Blackguard
Fren Kross: Druid
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

i found that out also on one of my posts ive done
~hello iam Lukas Mandingo, just the friendly neighborhood gnome~

lvl 40's-
Lukas Mandingo
Undead Lord
Caldor Bet'e'line
Lefur Nufgenk
and the latest and greatest...~The Black knight~
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Yeah well... so far i know the stones are starting to be a wast of storing space in my bags.

More or less all my lvl 40 pc's have a bag full with forge stones. I've waited at the forge for ages to meet a crafter.

So why can't some one give me a real list? And i'll make my own crafter in a month or two. Been discussing forge stones ingame and some confusing things come up. Also only some of the best colors have been discussed or mostly used colors. Although i am still confused about the rare colors, got a few of those too. At least one of them.

Ok i know that we aren't allowed to discus this on the forum but it bugs me.

A stone can do different things on different items and that depends on the skill of the crafted and the items he can use. All of these are not known.
Way to much variables and from all this mess you can fook up too. Wasting gold, stones and weapons/armor/items in the process.

What do the lesser colors do at what skill range and pays it off to have a mid lvl crafter for those smaller bonus things on those items? Can you chose what things get on the thing at what power?

variables variables variables.

It is like throwing money in a pit, never knowing if it is a bottomless pit or a wishing well.
Valnir Raven

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Valnir wrote:More or less all my lvl 40 pc's have a bag full with forge stones. I've waited at the forge for ages to meet a crafter.
Look no further!

Let's do bussiness.
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

Gimme a shout in game ill help out
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

yeah, got the help i needed. Working stuff out in the tool set. Writing things on paper.

What does bugs me is that 2 of my high lvl pc's are shifters.

Now i do know about the merging stuff, but some things are unclear on wiki.

Like it says all ac bonus become deflection ac. So i only need 1 item with +6 ac bonus on it, atleast i think. +6 dodge ac is also an ac bonus, does that mean if i have boots with +6 dodge ac bonus it becomes deflection ac?

Also the risen lord form has +2 vamperic regen, i can't find anywhere if 2 vamperic regens stack. i guess not stacking. Just like ab and eb don't stack.

I think the ab bonus doesn't merge but the eb bonus damage on weapons does merge. So no +20 ab on the weapon, guess no edge on epic warding freaks.

So this will be an unussual combination of things on the weapons and armor.
Valnir Raven

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Valnir wrote:yeah, got the help i needed. Working stuff out in the tool set. Writing things on paper.

Like it says all ac bonus become deflection ac. So i only need 1 item with +6 ac bonus on it, atleast i think. +6 dodge ac is also an ac bonus, does that mean if i have boots with +6 dodge ac bonus it becomes deflection ac?

Also the risen lord form has +2 vamperic regen, i can't find anywhere if 2 vamperic regens stack. i guess not stacking. Just like ab and eb don't stack.

I think the ab bonus doesn't merge but the eb bonus damage on weapons does merge. So no +20 ab on the weapon, guess no edge on epic warding freaks.

Can't you use wands in your shifted form? Just have a mage make you some wands with the effects you want and voila! Buffed shifted butt kicking for goodness! Don't make Boo mad!
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

that would require umd i think. but i work out some combinations and count out how many mistakes i can make with the 50+ stones i have.
Valnir Raven

Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

although... i might be persuaded to part with some of the stones.

Anyone got a godly dwarven axe for trade?

Let me know.

Grendel is the name ingame.
Valnir Raven

dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Shifters can use potions while shifted. But not items, wands, scrolls, etc. Would be nice if they could though huh?

It's a NWN thing. 8)
~Demitri
eclipse08 wrote:
Valnir wrote:yeah, got the help i needed. Working stuff out in the tool set. Writing things on paper.

Can't you use wands in your shifted form? Just have a mage make you some wands with the effects you want and voila! Buffed shifted butt kicking for goodness! Don't make Boo mad!
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill