Events

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

KingAwsm
Knight
Knight

Events

Post by KingAwsm »

Do the DMs post the upcoming events on this forum, because i always miss them and it makes me mad, sorry im such a noob here... :(
KingAwsm is the king of all kings.
(thats me)

Siuol Jarna: Blackguard
Fren Kross: Druid
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

yup they post the events here...haha noobie, lol, j/k. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

I'm designing another epic length RP event now. When I am ready, I will post about it and give the time/date the episodes will begin.

(Times will greatly depend on my availability between work, school and studying.)

Smaller events are many times just done as small spur-of-the-moment events, with only a single session to them. These kind are almost never posted about here in the forum, and are instead done at the whim of a DM. Occasionally those will turn into more detailed events, but that largely depends on the player response to the event.

Of course each DM runs events differently and can even modify the rules that are special to the event they run.

If there is a specific type of event you enjoy, suggestions are always welcome. (Hack-n-Slash PvM, Intrigue RP, Adventure RP, Puzzle Solving, PvP Tournaments, etc)

Different DMs tend to lean more toward particular types of events they like to run. This is a good thing since the events are always MUCH more fun when they are administered by DMs who enjoy those types of events. Personally, I enjoy running Epic (long-running) RP events which include Story-driven Adventure RP, Puzzle Solving, some PvM (Hack-n-Slash), Intrigue and the occasional PvP.

To give an idea what I mean by "long-running", my last Epic Event (The Jackal event) began early Sept 2006, and ended earlier this month. It resulted in a core group of about 6 - 10 regular players, with others joining for some of the fun here and there.

Again, I urge you to give suggestions. One of the DMs might very well like an idea and run an event based on such suggestions. :)

Hope this helps! 8)
~Demitri
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

We do indeed run events and i myself am putting the fine tune touches to a hopefully long running event...

But i shall say this now ..some events can be ruined or try to be ruined by individuals that just want to hack n slay the creatures ..

Many DM's stopped running events because of this reason but i like to try n give a second chance..

Warning to those that intend to ruin for others..

I have a loveely area where portals and things dont work...and a lovelly pet named Sparky..im sure he can entertain you for the duration of an event ..no matter the length *evil grin* :twisted:
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
KingAwsm
Knight
Knight

Post by KingAwsm »

Thank you all for the help, (except Luke)(loser) :lol:
KingAwsm is the king of all kings.
(thats me)

Siuol Jarna: Blackguard
Fren Kross: Druid
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

KingAwsm wrote:Thank you all for the help, (except Luke)(loser) :lol:
Lukas isn't a loser ... he's a gnome under great stress because someone is putting together a cookbook for preparing gnome .... roasted, stewed, bbq ... so cut him some slack. *carefully measures Lukas to see if he'll fit into the roasting pan he's carrying* :)
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

dm_demitri wrote: If there is a specific type of event you enjoy, suggestions are always welcome. (Hack-n-Slash PvM, Intrigue RP, Adventure RP, Puzzle Solving, PvP Tournaments, etc)
~Demitri
I would like to suggest events that would have effects on the maps. For instance, Marvale is dying to see some action. Theoretically, there always is something going on, but for some reason, nothing happens. I can easily see a large war coming together, where one would have to take sides, maybe depending on one's economical principals because of boat-taxes, or a place discovered where one could, for instance, mine metal, and ....
Etc..

Anyway, I'd just really like to see a change come over that place. Maybe have the merchant have to take cover some other place ? Perhaps she'd even have to run off to a very distant area, that isn't easily avalible by portal/boat, so one would have to stress somewhat to get their hands on the typical low/mid-level items that seriously affect one's performance ?

Though, I know I'm probably asking for too much, and, well, as one said earlier - if it ain't broke, dun' fix it... So, sure.. But the suggestion is out there, now. ^^
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Capt Cliff wrote:
KingAwsm wrote:Thank you all for the help, (except Luke)(loser) :lol:
Lukas isn't a loser ... he's a gnome under great stress because someone is putting together a cookbook for preparing gnome .... roasted, stewed, bbq ... so cut him some slack. *carefully measures Lukas to see if he'll fit into the roasting pan he's carrying* :)
Rings the dinner bell!!!
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Some events are planned but many more are sporadic and spontaneous. It merely depends on if you're online at the time. Some DM's will do tiny events with players to liven things up a bit, other times they will announce whatever deviousness they have cooked up via a server wide shout.

I'm sure the DM's will be glad of any suggestions for ideas and events so by all means post them on the suggestions part of the forum (such as "RP event idea" etc.) and/or contact any DM via private message and I'm sure they'd give a good listen.

Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

:shock: roasted gnome??? *grabs fork and knife* where do I stand in line to get some *evil chuckle*
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Hordack wrote::shock: roasted gnome??? *grabs fork and knife* where do I stand in line to get some *evil chuckle*
The gnome cook-out is BYOS (Bring Your Own Sauce)... Hope you're ready! *licks lips*
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

awwww everyone is trying to eat me, *begins to make escape route out of blackstone keep so not to be found by the canibals*
~hello iam Lukas Mandingo, just the friendly neighborhood gnome~

lvl 40's-
Lukas Mandingo
Undead Lord
Caldor Bet'e'line
Lefur Nufgenk
and the latest and greatest...~The Black knight~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

A sign reads:
"The road is closed … bridge is out!!!"
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Good thing Beldin is the type of gnome made out of porcelain, with genuine hand painting. Not an eating kind of gnome.
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

*drinks invisibilty potion, while walking cautiously to the docks, looks behind him and sees an angry mob of gnome eating maniacs!!!! AHHHH!!*
~hello iam Lukas Mandingo, just the friendly neighborhood gnome~

lvl 40's-
Lukas Mandingo
Undead Lord
Caldor Bet'e'line
Lefur Nufgenk
and the latest and greatest...~The Black knight~