Blackrose strongehold murderers..

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There used to be a post where it stated all the rules about PvP. I guess it was lost somehow. When I get the gumption, I will re-post it.

-driller
k9mouse wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:. oh and k9 when you break rules or enter certain areas you automatically give consent.
Ok....

I do not see that stated in the server rules. Where is the statement that claimed is there? I thought the enforcment of the server rules is a dm job, not a players. Yes, i agree, entering certain areas you do gave consent (but one should still give respect to the other player). But for enforceing server rules by players, that does not say. So prove it.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:There used to be a post where it stated all the rules about PvP. I guess it was lost somehow. When I get the gumption, I will re-post it.

-driller
ok, may i ask a question? what should we do in the mean time? with out it, it is cuases confusion. since your the boss man, what he said right? can a player enforce server rules or is that only a dm job?
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

ok by rules i mean if you cuss me, steal my kills, pickpocket etc... then that is consenting to pvp. We have been over this before k9 and in the not so distant past.
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

is queen naga or k9 really beth hall in disguise
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

wdpepsiman wrote:is queen naga or k9 really beth hall in disguise
Who is that? Never heard of her before. No, I am not her. Just tring to understand the rules from the rulers of this world ( ie driller and the dm's)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

They were posted about the Blackrose area but due to a glitch they were lost. In the mad rush to get back all the stuff it was overlooked. I'm sure Driller and Myle will add it to the list.

In the mean time yes there was a post stating the Blackrose area was "Anything goes." That is why when I got on the server and found myself there I paniced a bit a few months ago.

Basic info.... Go there deal with it your at the deep end of the pool and there are sharks. Note the sign that says "Keep out danger."
The world is a strange place.
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Ok i have posted..i have placed a shout on the server regarding this matter ...griphon has also posted on this matter howe many more times do we the DM team and driller really need to repeat ourselves on this subject...

The BlackRose Forge area is an anything goes area

That means in plain english we do not monitor that area...it is

*ENTER AT OWN RISK*
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

It's an arena...

With a shop.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

... and a forge...

... and a healer...

... and alot of open space to play in :twisted:
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

So, let me get this straight:

1. The server rules (written by the owner and enforced by the DMs) strictly forbid PvP unless agreed to.

2. There is an area within the server that does not need consent for PKing, and is not administered to by the DMs or the owner.

So, basically this Blackrose area is free game for ganking? I can sit there and attack whomever I wish because Murken has a sadistic bent? I can cast whatever spells on whatever characters are there without fear of retribution by DMs or owner? I can OOC just kill for the sake of killing because I have no fear of being held responsible for my actions?

Woot.
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

Every one who enters this area has given consent by walking into the area, so your argument is not valid. Now that the sticky is back in place, and attention has been given to this area, word of mouth will also spread for those who did not know this information before.

You will be responsible for your actions...... Remember what goes around comes around. Players *will* remember you if you are a jerk. Eventually someone bigger, badder, and built better will come along and squash you like a bug. Just because there is an area that is "enter at your own risk" does not give you or anyone else, license to be a moron. :?
Last edited by DM_Jaydaan on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A DM's job is not to love you, but to help you grow stronger in character.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I'm not being a moron mister DM. I am playing the Devil's Advocate. I am showing you that there are extremes to the stupidity of your rules that need to be addressed. Unfortunately, Driller is the dictator, and all the DMs his agents. We players are just the misty travellers within the confines of a small esoteric...where the hell was I going with this!

Ah hell. Nevermind. By the way, where is this Blackrose Forge area? Murken is getting the hankering for a little OOC beatdown.
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

As far as i can see this is an excellent RP situation for the good of the land to come together to hunt down this evil murderer who attacked one of the good town folk.

Seems like an ideal situation to me for some good role play, he was within server rules. Where are the true 'good' players of the keep, the bounty hunters, the protector's ?

Why don't you run with it?
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Sounds like you have the gist of it, yes.

So many wanted to act like jerks and thought the rules should not apply to them. Not to mention how many "libertys were being trampled on" because the rules are too strict for some. To settle this, a single area was made that is rule-free. Where jerks can be jerks if they want to.

So yes, you CAN do everything you stated in Blackrose Stronghold without retribution from the DMs and driller. However, just because it may SEEM stupid, doesn't mean it fails to serve a purpose. One not understanding the purpose is evidently enough to declare the builder as a dictator though.

Last I checked, no one has ever forced anyone to go to Blackrose... And this topic has been discussed many times. I don't know where the post went, but it will be reposted. Griphon did a good temp-job for it though. :D

A wise person might keep in mind that while the DMs and driller will not enforce the rules in that one particular area, it is a double-edged sword. Players can -and do- patrol for such activity as well. And initiating a PvP action against someone in Blackrose can still mean you are hunted even outside Blackrose. Just something to be aware of.

Hope this helps!
~Demitri (Apparent agent of the dictator)

Side note:
#1 of what you said is not completely correct. PKing is by compliance, but PvP is more than just PKing.

eclipse08 wrote:So, let me get this straight:

1. The server rules (written by the owner and enforced by the DMs) strictly forbid PvP unless agreed to.

2. There is an area within the server that does not need consent for PKing, and is not administered to by the DMs or the owner.

So, basically this Blackrose area is free game for ganking? I can sit there and attack whomever I wish because Murken has a sadistic bent? I can cast whatever spells on whatever characters are there without fear of retribution by DMs or owner? I can OOC just kill for the sake of killing because I have no fear of being held responsible for my actions?

Woot.
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am the nice one, it is the DMs that are tyrants...

-driller
eclipse08 wrote:I'm not being a moron mister DM. I am playing the Devil's Advocate. I am showing you that there are extremes to the stupidity of your rules that need to be addressed. Unfortunately, Driller is the dictator, and all the DMs his agents. We players are just the misty travellers within the confines of a small esoteric...where the hell was I going with this!

Ah hell. Nevermind. By the way, where is this Blackrose Forge area? Murken is getting the hankering for a little OOC beatdown.