A Once Broken Mirror

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

A Once Broken Mirror

Post by Jazelle »

Her Grace Lady Ortelassa d´Streea L´Or´Shanlow, Sovereign of Starkson in Kil´Dar picked up the letter on the desk in the Temple Study and read through it several times. "Ah, Winesa you just get back and now this... why am I not suprised."

The drowess placed the letter down on the desk then stepped to the door of the study and flagged over a guard. "Go to the mage tower and tell that mage... ahem oh yes, Limreein to come here now."

The guard quickly nodded then left she returned to her desk and sat down leaning her staff against the wall she started writting several letters. By the time the mage showed up she had just finished the last letter and set her quill down.

"Y-your Grace wi-s-sh to see me?" The half-elf mage stammered then bowed several times.

"Yes Limreein that project you have been working on for the past several years I need to know if you have made any progress." The drowess leaned back in her chair as she waited for the young mage to settle down.

The half-elf started searching through his robe then pulled out a small note book and opened it. He scanned several pages before stopping at one and reading it over quickly. Ortelassa did not hurry him but instead pointed to a chair across from her for him to sit. Limreein has always been nervious around the beautiful sovereign of Kil'dar. Yes she looked like a drow but she did not act like one. She was charming but firm and what was best of all she was a mage so understood magic and the art. Still he was a bundle of nerves, she was married to a god and he had read all those stories...

Limreein nodded then scrambled to the chair and sat stiffly. "Yes Your Grace we have had some success last week sending a dog through the mirror. We watched as the beast bounded through the mirror and we could tell it was well as it chased after a rabbit. The other day Berturm was able to channel the mirror to focus on a sign and reported that it said 'Road to Blackstone'. So we are on track."

"Good then show me this mirror." Her voice was low but her words were clear.

"Now? Y-your Grace?" The young mage stammered and partially stood up.

"Yes now." She answered, then stood up and smoothed out her dress. Extending her hand the staff floated from the wall. Her fingers wrapped around its polished ironwood then she pointed to the door. The mage could only nod as he led the way to the tower.

One of the golem followed as they entered the tower and walked down to one of the many work rooms. Inside was a mirror that had for many years been cloudy but now it showed every few minutes a clear view of a landscape not of this world. She walked around the mirror several times then looked at the mage.

"So it works?" She asked.

"As far as we can tell yes." He replied then went over to his work table and picked up a few notes.

"Very well do tell Zortak and Odin that Winesa and I will be in Blackstone... on business." As she spoke he had just turned around when Ortelassa started to walk through the mirror. Before he could stop her she was gone.

"Oh dear I didn't get a chance to tell her that we had only gotten the mirror to work one way." He looks around the room forlornly and started muttering to himself that the Master Druid would eat him slowly if he didn't get the mirror fixed. Limreein tossed his notes on the table and started going through them... maybe he could fix the mirror before lunch... maybe....
Last edited by Jazelle on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world is a strange place.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

As she passed through the mirror the image changed Ortelassa found herself in a room with a fire well stoked in the fireplace. She looked about expecting to see the mirror back behind her but there was none.

She looked about the room but all the doors were locked and there was no one about. She searched a desk to see any clue as to where she had appeared. Finally under a stack of papers she found an announcement for some auction to be held in Blackstone Keep. She smiled then searched around for a key. Along the way she found a few letters signed by Chifawn and another by Nadia a few older letters from Winessa and that told her approxmantly where she was at.

Now to get out of here and find Winesa. But no matter where she looked there was no way to leave the room. Finally she sat down and tapped her staff on the floor a few times as she looked into the fire while she tried to come up with something.

She could wait for someone to let her out.... or....

"Lia it has been a while since we chatted could you assist me a little please?" Ortelassa finally said out loud. She heard the goddess give a little laugh and she could not help but smile. Mist blew up around her, she gave a small blessing of thanks then stood up and walked into the Keep's Temple.

Now to find Winesa.
Last edited by Jazelle on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Ortelassa stood next to Winesa as they talked to the Lord of Blackstone Keep. Agreements were made and bargins strucked after several hours. Mages and elementals would help to reshape the island. Winessa nodded to Ortelassa and several bags of gold were given to Lord Driller to help those who had branched off to form their own community.

He took the bags then bowed telling the ladies the gold will be well spent and the mages will do their work swiftly. Winesa agreed she would have the elementals ready all that was to be moved and that upon his signal the mages were to teleport the currently buildings to their new home. the Lord of Blackstone Keep again bowed then left to gather the mages.

A few days later all were assembled and both the mages and elements worked well together and in no time at all everything had been moved and the island was now bare rock uncovering several ancient structures.

For the next several weeks the elements commanded by Winesa and assisted by Ortelassa remade the island. Once the island was finished they moved on to the town and buildings. Soon the new Starkson outpost formed. Often Winessa would look over the scrolls filled with drawings that Ortelassa had commissioned long ago. She asked the drowess if this or that could be changed and Ortelassa would go over it and either agree or tell Winessa why it could not be changed.

Soon as the last stone was in place the two looked over their work. Winessa thanked and dismissed the elementals. They walked the courtyard and envision the people gathered along the avenue.

For the next week the staff appeared slowly and took up their positions. By the end of the week the inn was ready for business, the girl at the public baths had set up her stall and the castle staff was busy getting rooms ready and moving in the huge library of books.

One of the staff's young daughter had set up a flower cart and was very happy to sell poses from her mother's garden. The new baker arrived and started setting up several dishes for the Starkson Castle bar tender. Everyone expectally liked her cakes and candies.

The mages were in the tower and several time Ortelassa had to go in there and deal with a few desasters. Winessa would laugh as she watched the drowess try to part two mages who had started arguing over what branch of magic should perside over the tower. In the end the drowess pervailed her charm was enough to sooth the gruffest of wizards.

Soon the doors to the new town were open and Zim was told to accept visitors to the island. The ship's captain was well pleased and once again his ship ran from the new island to Blackstone Keep.

Many old members appeared, Winesa and Ortelassa greeted each one as old friends. So life at Starkson begain again.
Last edited by Jazelle on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Ortelassa nodded slightly to herself as she walked along the Keep, taking care of business for Winesa. Her mind was going over the many things she had to deal with when a woman ran up to her in a panic and started talking.

“Ortel the trees have reported child killing in the arena. I thought it a job for Starkson. Mert is going to look into it just now.â€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

A note is posted throughout Starkson:

Members of Starkson and citizens please contact Her Grace Winesa, Lady Ortelassa or Lady Manx immitdately.

//Members go to this site to read the posts about this here. Thank you.

http://swords.cc/lot/modules.php?name=F ... =3701#3701
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

//Starkson members if you have problems logging into the forums to view the guild's area tell me in a pm and I will fix the account. I will need your account name and a password you want to have used. I can not see passwords. Members have full access once I add them to the usergroup. Citizens have pulbic access. Pharo will post over there than here. The info in this thread is general Starkson happenings that are made public.

Anyone feel free to post here only going rps that involve Starkson. Thank you.