Passage of time

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Passage of time

Post by Fenrip »

What is the time ratio to RL : IG.

I think I read here somewhere that it is one month RL = 1 year IG.

Can someone please verify?
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Passage of time

Post by driller »

Two minutes of real time equals one hour of game time.

-driller
Fenrip wrote:What is the time ratio to RL : IG.

I think I read here somewhere that it is one month RL = 1 year IG.

Can someone please verify?
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Thanks driller.

*gets out abacus and slide rule* Move the 3, carry the five, assumes reset time to be negligible, four birthday candles last year.....
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Many people roleplay their character's aging at an accelerated speed of x12 (1 game year = 1 real month). This is easy for keeping track of a character's age.

If you were to use the timescale that driller implemented then time flows at a speed of x30 and so 1 game year would equal roughly 12 real days. A few people may use this scale and can be useful if you are waiting for a character's offspring to mature into a playable character as the child would reach the age of 18 in just over 7 months (216 days). Unfortunately, human characters age frightfully fast at this speed and is a 90 year old in game after only 3 real world years.

There is no right or wrong timescale to use really. I prefer the x12 rate simply because it's easier to track and children characters take a little longer to mature which feels a bit more realistic to me. But that's just a personal opinion.
The only constant is change.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Ah, yes.

I forgot about the "soap opera" aging process where they are children one season and adults the next.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

My chars go by the 1 month = a year. So for Orty she's been around for 30 years and away for 10. So pretty much most of her kids are either grown or teens.
The world is a strange place.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I've already decided that with Murken's Dragon blood...he's immortal. Barring accidental death or dismemberment. Hehe. :D