In Response to Your Question

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Chiffawn
Commoner
Commoner

In Response to Your Question

Post by Chiffawn »

In reference to The Heroes End thread (edited in)

“Have just read this thread, hope it doesn't mean you are leaving having only recently returned myself it would be sad to think that one that thinks and plays like I do has come to this.â€
If you think it is impossible -- for you, it is.
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

let me see in response to your whining: what it all boils down to is that you wanted a no pvp area and the starkson do not even have that.

i will venture to say you can't tell me how many mass attacks have occured on freefolk isle .......let me say probably none since no one considers it worthwhile to do so.

you were offered an alliance with the Hunters in case any attacks did occur and we would fight your battles for you, however you did not accept or agree to this.

all we asked you to do in return was to buff our chars for battle.

all of this was done in an rp setting.

so to blame others for your own faults and or lack of action and followup is quite ridiculous.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

:roll: And so it begins anew. As my dear, sweet mother always taught me, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. So, on that note, all I will say is to request that we let this poor, beaten horse finally die. You are leaving, fine. You have issues with what was done for you on the server, fine. You have issues with Driller, then take it up in PM's with him. This doesn't need to (again) be dragged through the forums for drama's sake. I won't post an opinion on this, as most people involved have had others tell them what my opinion supposedly is, so I will just stick to forum rules. Personal disputes, with players, admins or DM's, should be kept to Private Messages.

Thank you.

Oh, as an afterthought, as I've already been asked by some people to lock this thread before it gets worse...

Keep to the rules of the forums, anyone who posts here. If this turns into a flame fest, I *will* lock this thread, and any others dealing with the same topic afterwards. Keep it civil and calm, and there will be no issues. I will keep it open for now, giving involved parties the benefit of the doubt until I am shown the error of doing so. Lets all try to be grown-ups about this, what say?

Thank you again.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Gahani
Knight
Knight

Post by Gahani »

DM Rendyll wrote::roll: You have issues with Driller, then take it up in PM's with him.
You are just not listening...and that is part of the problem.
We have sent messages to Driller. He does not respond which is extremely rude. Perhaps he simply does not care. Respect must be earned. It is not granted automatically because you are in a position of power. That is not respect...it is bullying and intimidation.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

I am listening just fine, thank you. Response or not, personal matters are to be *KEPT TO PM's*. Just because someone denies to answer you, does not give you the right to bring your personal issues into the public forum. And if I were you, I'd be careful about your comments of respect. Glass houses, and all that.

Now then. As my previous warning was ignored, I offer one last one. Next time, the thread is locked.

I do hope I am clear.
Thank you.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Gahani wrote:
DM Rendyll wrote::roll: You have issues with Driller, then take it up in PM's with him.
You are just not listening...and that is part of the problem.
We have sent messages to Driller. He does not respond which is extremely rude. Respect must be earned. It is not granted automatically because you are in a position of power. That is not respect...it is bullying and intimidation.
I know this is very odd to say but Driller works in RL. He has a family and spends time with them that is why he has DMs to deal with game matters. This is his hobby he has never said differently. You HAVE to give him a week or more to respond not just a day or two. Folks think he is 24/7 around the server. But he does have a real life.

Driller gets a ton of PMs he can't answer all of them. So send them to the head DM that is Rendyll he will bring up the subject to Driller for you. But Driller is a busy man and well things do fall through the cracks. He's not answered PMs from me in the past but I never took offence I just figured he missed them or something came up and I went to a DM to deal with it. Sometimes it took a while but in the end it gets taken care of or I get told NO.

Do remember Driller is not getting paid to do this, it is out of the kindness of his heart. So you get what you pay for after that any attention is icing on the cake.

Points: Starkson island is party PVP ALL of it. There is no NONPVP area. In fact there is no guild I know of that has such only the Keep. Personally I would love to see the garden as NonPVP since it should be a very peaceful place. But I'm not pushing it.

Starkson has as the Hunters said they would be there to help the Freefolk. You need only ask but do remember the guild is just getting back on its feet so has some limits.

Starkson is player owned. DMs show up if they want but Starkson funtions without DMs. We also hold events without DM help too.

The Starkson guards - well belong to Starkson so why would they be located at another guild? They are used for show and rarely used otherwise. If the Freefolk wish to use the Starkson guards ask Winesa or Ortelassa to rent them out to you. (they will only be there until a reset)

They are only used for RP or if there is a great unbalance in a PVP fight. They are not used abusivly.

Note there is a difference between the town of Starkson and the guild that is in the Castle. The town has guards just like the Keep does. To town of Starkson is open to all to rp and have fun. The Castle is for the Guild members.

Anyone who will obey the laws of the island can become a citizen of Starkson's town and not be obliging to Starkson the Guild. Nor should having a citizenship scroll cause a problem with the guild you belong to either. Since it is only the laws of the island being asked for the person to obey.

Yes being nice to the owner is a plus since Winesa is nice to everyone who shows up there. Orty is a bit stand offish but she still nice to folks.

Other than that I really don't know what all happened in game since I have done very little rping with members of the Freefolk. I would like to do more but the layout has not presented itself. I was on the other day but heard nothing of this at all. So if I might ask just what did happen?
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose

-driller
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: In Response to Your Question

Post by driller »

I told you in game that I would not be setting Freefolk to no PVP.
That is why I ignored the PM's. I had already given my answer.

-driller

[quote="Chiffawn"]In reference to The Heroes End thread (edited in)

“Have just read this thread, hope it doesn't mean you are leaving having only recently returned myself it would be sad to think that one that thinks and plays like I do has come to this.â€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

driller wrote:Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose

-driller
Good one Driller.
The world is a strange place.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Jazelle wrote:

-driller
Good one Driller.
i am sorry .. what does that mean?
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Okay, I think that pretty much ends this thread. The matter has been addressed and explained. Any further discussions on modifications to the mod and who agrees or disagrees with decisions can be made in PM's now between the appropriate parties.

Thank you.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

This means: "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

~Demitri
{Thread locked by Rendyll}
k9mouse wrote:
Jazelle wrote:

-driller
Good one Driller.
i am sorry .. what does that mean?
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill