EVENT: Jackals - OOC info and discussion thread

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

... And so the Jackal Event has come to it's conclusion.

Many fought, many died, many cried, many laughed... In all, many had fun and enjoied the event as it was meant to be.

Three characters have gone on into the Dreamscape in order to close the veil and secure the Jackal and all the dangers of it's type behind the veil in the dream where it belongs.

They will be missed, sung about, written about... Their names added to a small shrine on Freefolk Isle not far from the Lighthouse. Perhaps some will visit it from time to time...

After a couple weeks break, I will design my next Epic RP event. Those interested please respond either to this thread, or send me a PM, and i will be sure to let it be known when and where it will begin.

No, I have no idea what kind of event it will be, only that it will include RP and puzzle-solving as well as an unhealthy amount of danger. ^.^

Farewell for now, and thank you all for bringing your various personalities to the Jackal event! It will remain in the memories of many, I am sure.

Thanks,
~Demitri
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

(Weird how this jumped to page 5 when there wasn't anything ON page 5... >.> It's like I've found my way into the twilite zone or something! :P)
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

I am very interested in the story/event. It was alot of fun. I hope the new event is on the same time and day. That works the best for me. :)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

dm_demitri wrote:(Weird how this jumped to page 5 when there wasn't anything ON page 5... >.> It's like I've found my way into the twilite zone or something! :P)
Ah .. you missed the sign post up ahead ... :D
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

That is because a few posts were deleted due to Fawn's account being glitched. It is a common bug with phpBB and its off shoots. It still sees the space there but there is nothing to post. It is different from if a monitor deletes a post that is because the account is still there.

All it takes is a post that can be seen to pop it over the edge to fix it for the moment. Sorry to say it will always be there. So if it comes to the next page and there is not a post to pop it over and be seen the phatom post will stay on.
The world is a strange place.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I agree with K9mouse it was a neat event and was run very well, considering the lag and the crashing, and minor disputes between all parties. But I was disappointed in the lack of role playing during the last event "act" which was only partially stabilized by Cae's reappearance. The whole purpose of role playing to to allow interaction between the players rather than haveing one's PC become scenery on another persons personal stage.

Cudo's to Demi for a well run event! An cudo's for "all" the people who attended the event!
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

As this event has now come to it's conclusion, this thread is dropped from Stickiness. :D

Even though it is finished, Winteraven and Fawn are still finishing the storytelling of the event in the IC section under the Jackal thread there.

I encourage others to read it, but if you wish to comment, please make your comments here in this thread.

Persons wishing to add their IN CHARACTER views to the IC thread would be wise to coordinate their efforts with Winteraven and Fawn as they seem to have an order of events going with their postings.

Thanks, and I'll be setting up another epic RP event soon!
~Demitri