The Heroes End

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Chiffawn
Commoner
Commoner

The Heroes End

Post by Chiffawn »

This is the legacy of Fawn Chi’holifner (Chi’fawn) the Thane of the Freefolk, Captain of the Ossian Fellowship. From the beginning she sought only the furtherance of the interests of those who loved her, the development of their stories and characters.

The following characters are key holders on Freefolk Isle. Whether they have or have not been playing these characters recently. If revived at any time (won’t be for the *deceased), these can find their way home:

From the days of Starkson:
Lady Nadia Luelle-Nailo
Pemmyton
Allannon
Justin Kingsbane
Sheldomar Chrystalmist
Silke Bearne
“Ladyâ€
If you think it is impossible -- for you, it is.
Gahani
Knight
Knight

Post by Gahani »

The Epitaph of Eric Skallagrimson

'Heart must be braver, courage the bolder,
Mood the stouter as our strength grows less!
Here on the ground my good lord lies
Gory with wounds. Always will he regret
Who now from this battle thinks to turn back.
I am old in years; I will never yield,
But here at the last beside my lord,
the leader I love, I think to lie'
10th century
Battle of Maldon

By now those who were involved in the Jackal event will know that Eric, Fawn and Sirion are gone. It is never an easy thing to lose a character. Unfortunately it has become quite difficult to work with Driller and the DM team. There are some serious problems.

Driller has been asked for some changes to Freefolk Isle, specifically free passage and NoPvP status. Several messages were sent and he has ignored all of them. We have not even been given the courtesy of a refusal...simply silence. It is not possible to negotiate with someone who will not even respond to messages.

There is another difficulty here with the DM team. As many of you know, the Ossian Fellowship was a player run guild. That sounds good until you realize that other guilds are run by DMs. We simply cannot compete with players who have free access to a DM wand.

Many decisions regarding BSK have been made behind closed doors and we are simply out of the loop. I rather doubt if we are welcome any longer. It is all well and good to say "It is Driller's server, he can do what he wants with it." Unfortunately that leads to a power struggle over who gets Driller's ear. Sorry...don't want to play that game. If we are unwelcome then at least do us the courtesy of saying so and allow us to depart without the frustration. Owning a server does not absolve you from the demands of common courtesy and decency. If you are going to invite people into your home, then treat them with respect.

I have been looking for a server that will accommodate player driven stories for some time now. I still have not found one. Most servers have turned out to be DM Playground servers and the needs of the DM team far outweighs the needs of players. Indeed players are mostly reduced to being fodder for whatever the DM has in mind. The sort of storytelling DM_Demitri has been attempting in the Jackal event is becoming mostly a lost art. Instead we have PvP contests and random monster spawns. The DM is a god like being whom you dare not cross.

Do everyone a favor and move BSK from the Roleplay section of Gamespy to the Action section. There will be less disappointment that way. As I have said many times...my characters exist in my mind...not in some server vault.
Ekh
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ekh »

I came to BSK a long time ago.
And at first it seemed to be an answer to a dream.
It had lots of potential.. with all its well developed areas, and players who were fun to play with.
Good RP'ers. There used to be a lot of them on the server, didn’t there..?
There still are a few, and I will miss those.

Somewhere along the line the dream I had, turned into a nightmare.
So called power-building bullies appeared everywhere.
And most DM's didn’t seem to give a flying... well...

As DM's stopped caring to uphold some of the rules, the powerbuilders got a hold of the server.
And where there is powerbuilding allowed, RP dies slightly.
And as RP dies, RP'ers disappear.
I’ve gained some good friends here, but now it is my turn to disappear.

I’m tired of this place now.
All the flaming on the forum. All the OOC dragged into IC, and visa versa.
Its a game where everyone is supposed to have fun.
When did people start to drag everything out between the two worlds?
I wonder what made them think they had the right... or why they even wanted to in the first place.
Its mean to those who are trying to play with others and have some fun.

I’m done now..
The dream I thought bsk was the answer to died a long time ago.
So its about time I turn my back on the server housing all the Dufus’s.
And find a new place to stay.

My compliments go to DM-Demitri though... She has been great.
She’s a DM that bsk is not worthy of, not even close.
I’d also like to thank DM-DragonHeart before I take my leave.
He also has been one of the better sides of BSK.

Goodbye all

Ekh (Sirion Holifner)
-Ekh
Chiffawn
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Chiffawn »

“It isn’t about winning. It is how you play the game… “
- BSK platitude

“Oh really? Then why do you play it as if there were something to be won?â€
If you think it is impossible -- for you, it is.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

This thread locked, As per request.
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The more you do for something for someone, the more they expect...

-driller