Harm potions?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

No please NO !

I played on a server a while back that had wildmagic surges it made playing a mage class an absolute nightmare a virtually over night everyone stopped playing mages altogether.

It is an exercise in making a section of classes futile and unplayable.

<sarcasm>
Instead lets look at making all melee weapons randomly breakable and see how well that goes down. <end sarcasm>
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I like the idea of magic dead zones and wild magic zones IF they were contained to specific areas. It'd be even cooler if in one area there was just a patch of the area that was a wild or no magic zone.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

shalnath's lair = Wild magic zone

:twisted:
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Maybe more rust monsters?

Dead magic zones can be a pain, especially in a high epic area where the enemies can do huge amount of damage fast.
Valnir Raven

Chiffawn
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Chiffawn »

To Topic... shifters cannot use their spells while shifted.

Nothing in the spellbook would solve the shifted to lich problem of healing up ... unshifting when badly wounded would take the shifer to nearly dead if it doesn't kill the shifter outright.

I have had to run away from danger, stand like some kind of coward and wait for my regens to get me into a safety zone, unshift, heal, buff and return to lich form to go try to clear an area and raise my companions ... usually get beaten to the punch in some way before successfully done.

Now can we see what Demitri has to offer or someone else address the issue?

Thx
Fawn
If you think it is impossible -- for you, it is.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

i hate magic dead zones, wild magic, rust monsters, and (mainly) resting systems that make u get stuff for resting... the magic idea is just malee bais and i leave ANY server that does that... any body who likes those should dang out in the street and shoot, then be rised again and die the most painfull death imagable.. then pooped on.. for starts

of course this is my humble opion

PS ( i can think a few others words/ideas , but i will stop here before i get into any [more] trouble)

k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:shalnath's lair = Wild magic zone
dumb idea

(no offense intended)
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Chiffawn wrote:To Topic... shifters cannot use their spells while shifted.

Thx
Fawn
Already did it and posted the scripts in the script section of the forums. It's been tested on shifters and works fine. It will heal them just like a heal potion.

Yes you can use spellhook too as well. Depends on if Driller wants it in game or not. But that is one answer that works great for the undead and can work also as a poison for the living.
The world is a strange place.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Already did it and posted the scripts in the script section of the forums. It's been tested on shifters and works fine. It will heal them just like a heal potion.

Yes you can use spellhook too as well. Depends on if Driller wants it in game or not. But that is one answer that works great for the undead and can work also as a poison for the living.
Cool

dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

I like to streamline - Less is More -

Post by dm_demitri »

Jazelle wrote:
Chiffawn wrote:To Topic... shifters cannot use their spells while shifted.

Thx
Fawn

1> The way I would do it (also tested to work perfectly well without any additional scripting of any kind) is IF driller is interested. So far, I have not heard any interest from him in hearing it.

2> Just for the record: No-one (except now Fawn) has shown any interest in hearing my idea, and no-one has sent me any message about it. Because of that, I figured everyone is happier with adding more scripting to the server. (Because it's such a small smount of scripting that it wont count... Like a drop of water to a lake, right?)

3> Alas, the method I know would not work as a poison to the living.

Ciao! 8)
~Demitri
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Re: I like to streamline - Less is More -

Post by Gibbo »

Why not just post it publically on the suggestion board instead of the classified hush hushness and subtle flaunting?

Anyway, the clear-cut answer is ... have a cleric-friend. Clerics can just as easily cast harm as they can heal. Just don't get near them when they cast Mass Heal while in undead form.

Failing that, I believe Inflict Serious Wounds is a level 3 spell? Those can be brewed into potions. It's not a harm, but suck it up and make nice with some clerics.
The character can create a potion of any spell of 3rd level or lower that the character knows and that targets a single creature.

Another possibility is to get a cleric to craft an Inflict Critical Wounds wand, then if you can't use a wand in a different shifted form, either shift into one you can, or give the wand(s) to someone you try and help you out in a pinch.

failing -THAT- .... I suggest GR scrolls that you use after a very quick tactical move to the back row of the battlefield. There's no reason to jump to town and rest when you can be back in the game at the expense of just one shift.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

i believe all the potions have to be castable on the caster, not just "a single character" like the description says.

Can't say i've tried, though.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Crafted potions can not be used while shifted. The engine looks at them as "items".

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Although i must say that i could go to the umgahs at lvl 24 with my shifter and i do not even need to buff up to survive. With the right gear you can come far.

But when in party i always say that i can take the blows, watch out with the heals and i can not raise you.

But having a special inflict serious potion or harm potion is still welcom when you venture further into the underdark.
Valnir Raven

k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Valnir wrote:Although i must say that i could go to the umgahs at lvl 24 with my shifter and i do not even need to buff up to survive. With the right gear you can come far.

But when in party i always say that i can take the blows, watch out with the heals and i can not raise you.

But having a special inflict serious potion or harm potion is still welcom when you venture further into the underdark.
Amen
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~