NWN 1 vs. NWN 2

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

NWN 1 vs. NWN 2 Which do you like better?

NWN1
85%
NWN2
15%

Total votes: 40

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Maybe we should start another poll ... Should BSK2 be shut down till the Orkin man is finished? If so then we can increase the number of players on BSK 1 or add some new areas ... like a ruined castle with dungeons and monsters ... whoah ... going too far. For some strange reason I don't seem to be able to start a poll.
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Capt Cliff wrote:Should BSK2 be shut down till the Orkin man is finished? If so then we can increase the number of players on BSK 1 or add some new areas ... like a ruined castle with dungeons and monsters ... whoah ... going too far.
HUH??? Orkin man???
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

HelloBSK wrote:
Capt Cliff wrote:Should BSK2 be shut down till the Orkin man is finished? If so then we can increase the number of players on BSK 1 or add some new areas ... like a ruined castle with dungeons and monsters ... whoah ... going too far.
HUH??? Orkin man???
The bug guy ..the exterminator ... like a can of Raid ... *glances around looking for frame for picture*
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Capt Cliff wrote:
HelloBSK wrote:
HUH??? Orkin man???
The bug guy ..the exterminator ... like a can of Raid ... *glances around looking for frame for picture*
Sorry, I must be slow today :shock: !!!

I get it, he is killing the bugs :wink: LOL now it makes sence and was quite a witty comment lol... I am so lame sometimes... :lol:
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:I guess I could add PRC to Blackstone 1 to liven the characters up a bit.

-driller
No Thanks.... It causes more pain then it is worth
:twisted:
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Hmm.

I love NwN 1 (online) because of its ease of use- and the ability to adapt it quickly. I have played on 11 different servers in 14 months of playing online with NwN 1.

I have been active on another server.. with over 2gig worth of HAKS.. it runs beautifully, and I kid you not.. the graphics are as good if not better and NwN2. Now that being said.. its a TON of haks.. but I'm talking smooth terrain transitions.. many more tilesets, etc. I mean its breathtaking. Yes, technically the graphics AREN"T better.. pixel by pixel and such.

BUT.. part of the allure Driller has created with BSK1 is its ease of use. I don't have to learn 14 bazillion things just to play, level, and have fun.

But maybe adding SOME of the things that are available (like the PRC) would enhance our experience without adding lag or losing the playability that is built into BSK.

It was hard to go to NwN2 because NwN1 was so easy to use. The clunkiness, PC requirements, bugs, etc., outweighed the great content that was there- and I agree- there's a lot more work to do to get it "tight"...

But I appreciate what Driller has done with it, to make BSK2- and I've played a bit there.. and its cool.

I still have built my RP on BSK1.. so I'm going to stay there for as long as Driller will have me and it,- even after NwN "3" has come out.

Its just too much fun, and there's too many things to do.. and to learn.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

driller wrote:I guess I could add PRC to Blackstone 1 to liven the characters up a bit.

-driller
Too many back doors. On the other hand you could add CTP then again that would require changing some areas to make CTP worth it.
The world is a strange place.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Interesting idea, but I can't really think of many applications the new tilesets could be used for..

The Dungeon of Doom, level 1 - 4, would definitely look real neat with some Dwarven Halls stuff.

And if there Hidden Shore areas were redone with the 1.6(8?) beach tileset.

Maybe the Marvale interiors could be redone with the Elven Interior, but otherwise... I've run out of ideas.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
XStorm
Commoner
Commoner

Post by XStorm »

there is a TON of spells .. feats & classes in PRC that are RIDICULOUSLY overpowered ... with the right combination of epic spells ... a regular mage is completely invincible

XS
Lady Sharwyn ..........

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Sorcerers...sorcerers. Wizards are just all amateurs. ;)
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Ok I broke down and bought NWN2... I am now taking it back to the store and getting something else. As to why....

After several hours of installing it on a computer system that is now high end and well over the requirements I finally got it working and for a short time played a drow on BSKII. Never did figure out how to get the chat features working but that was ok no one was chatting anyway.

Nice graphics but the having to turn the camera the other way to view the way you wish to go was very annoying. Ok log off after killing a few wolves.

Get on to NWN1 for a event and about a hour in suddenly I get messages saying my CD for NWN can't be found and the game crashes. This happened about 4 times and I finally stopped it by uninstalling NWN2 then rebooting the computer.

I had both games on different drives and the NWN2 was not running at all. So rather than try to fix it since I play 99% of the time on NWN1 and right now with my new graphics card it is running smooth and the picture is popping I'm returning NWN2.

Their making it so you don't need the cd disc in the computer was wonderful for NWN1 since I only have 1 dvd drive right now. But having to go back to that is just not acceptable. Then basically having to have both NWN2 and NWN1 discs in the computer well just can't be done right now and is just plan annoying since I like to play a CD while I'm playing NWN1 anyway.

Nice job on the Keep Driller it is a little streached out but nice for BSKII.
The world is a strange place.
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

-driller
Whats PRC?
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Lukas_Mandingo wrote:

-driller
Whats PRC?
PRC is additional prestige character classes added on, it requires a whole bunch of haks and as I recently discovered alot of PRC stuff is not compatable with CEP2 so please Driller don't even think about it less you want to drop back to CEP1.53.

Also understand CEP1.52 has issues with PRC too.
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

that doesnt sound bad, i think ive seen those classes before on character build sheets, like the fists of something.
Kell
Knight
Knight

Post by Kell »

Well i have to say i like the controls on nwn2 more so than nwn1
but no doubt the purists out there will disagree.

Graphic wise nwn2 is much better than nwn1.

I quite like the idea of an unfinished game bugs and all
I like to see games grow to there potential.

As for BSK2 it will grow like BSK did

Nice work so far i know at least 5 of my friends who are playing BSK2
and we all enjoy it.

So it lags and disconnects so do all the other servers.

Keep up the good work Driller i do think that all things good are
worth waiting for
In the Kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is King