NWN 2 Building (driller look here! :) )

This forum is for those interested in discussing NWN scripting.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

NWN 2 Building (driller look here! :) )

Post by Dugaru327 »

So I've picked up MotB now and almost finished the (excellent) single player campaign. I'm very impressed with what the NWN2 engine can do that we builders couldn't do in NWN1...I was with NWN2 orig., but now even MORE so. Can't wait to try this stuff out. One problem exists, though. The extent of my NWN2 building knowledge compared to that of NWN1 is like the difference between a cow and a shovel. Could someone (driller?) point me toward a tutorial that helped them learn the new interface or something?

(and scripting too...is it too different that I need to relearn?)

Thanks in advance,
Dug ^.^
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NWN 2 Building (driller look here! :) )

Post by driller »

Look here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php ... 2tutorials

Scripting is the same.

You can download the BSK2 base mod here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... 5294&id=92

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:So I've picked up MotB now and almost finished the (excellent) single player campaign. I'm very impressed with what the NWN2 engine can do that we builders couldn't do in NWN1...I was with NWN2 orig., but now even MORE so. Can't wait to try this stuff out. One problem exists, though. The extent of my NWN2 building knowledge compared to that of NWN1 is like the difference between a cow and a shovel. Could someone (driller?) point me toward a tutorial that helped them learn the new interface or something?

(and scripting too...is it too different that I need to relearn?)

Thanks in advance,
Dug ^.^
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

Thanks a lot. I probably don't use that content of BSK2 if it's just the areas... my mod is completely different.

Lol, why are the top rated ones in spanish?
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

Ahh! What the heck have I done?? I was messing around and all the terrain disappeared, and my terrain tab is all messed up-looking...I tried painting grass, but it didn't work...I baked and ran the module, and I was floating above this giant blue circle way below me...How do I fix it? -.-
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I hope you have backups.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:Ahh! What the heck have I done?? I was messing around and all the terrain disappeared, and my terrain tab is all messed up-looking...I tried painting grass, but it didn't work...I baked and ran the module, and I was floating above this giant blue circle way below me...How do I fix it? -.-
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

driller wrote:I hope you have backups.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:Ahh! What the heck have I done?? I was messing around and all the terrain disappeared, and my terrain tab is all messed up-looking...I tried painting grass, but it didn't work...I baked and ran the module, and I was floating above this giant blue circle way below me...How do I fix it? -.-
lol it's just a test module... Are you implying that it's a bug of some sort?
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sounds like one.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:
driller wrote:I hope you have backups.

-driller
lol it's just a test module... Are you implying that it's a bug of some sort?