NWN2 Toolset -> MotB

This forum is for those interested in discussing NWN scripting.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

NWN2 Toolset -> MotB

Post by Gibbo »

:cry: Is anyone else having trouble making their modules load correctly in the NWN2 toolset? It may have something to do with that walkmesh helper I implemented several weeks ago, but for right now I've basically had to cry myself to sleep since the module I'm working with won't even open.

I get this error message when trying to load up the module in the toolset:

Anyone have any experience with this? A look at the bioware forums didn't provide enough answers for me to bite.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NWN2 Toolset -> MotB

Post by driller »

Looks like the module is corrupt. I hope you have a backup.

-driller
Gibbo wrote::cry: Is anyone else having trouble making their modules load correctly in the NWN2 toolset? It may have something to do with that walkmesh helper I implemented several weeks ago, but for right now I've basically had to cry myself to sleep since the module I'm working with won't even open.

I get this error message when trying to load up the module in the toolset:

Anyone have any experience with this? A look at the bioware forums didn't provide enough answers for me to bite.
Blue_Wyrm
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Blue_Wyrm »

There has been a lot of talk about modules in NWN2 being corrupted from one day to another, I suggest backing up your module under a new name after each extensive building session. I'm really sorry that this happened to you. :(
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

;_; No worries.

Nothing 6 hours of work won't remake.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Huzzah!

While brooding over my problem, I had the most delicious of thoughts...

The NWN2 toolset is set to auto-save module files at a variable time interval... I just looked up the autosave files stored in the ../NWN2/modules/autosave directory and whattya know! there's 5 very usable files waiting right there for me. Problem solve. Crying myself to sleep tonight avoided.
ZOMFGOMBIES!