Random Frustrations >_<

This forum is for those interested in discussing NWN scripting.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Random Frustrations >_<

Post by Mer`Zikain »

Have you ever had a large conversation file with conditional responses for both player and npc and have it lose player responses when testing it? The responses are IN the conversation file and the requirements to see them are there (usually they're responses that dont' even require anything to display them), but when you go through the options and go back to a main set from a sub set some are missing. Like the whole thing didn't load the second time or something. What the crap is up with that? :P

Is it a known problem and is there a workaround?

While I wait for responses here I'm going to try something silly and add an "always display" script to the choices that don't need any verification to display, maybe I'll trick it. *shrugs* :/
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

ok, so the problem i had was a ridiculous "Duh!" type thing. smacked the forehead and moved on.

But I'm still having a problem figuring out how in the heck you accomplished the subraces on BSK1. People are tellin me to edit the item property costs in the 2da's but I've had absolutely no luck at all doing that. When creating items in the toolset their costs are affected but in the module they aren't. What's the deal? Is that really how you accomplished it or was it some other method. I'm goin crazy here >_<
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

Mer`Zikain wrote:ok, so the problem i had was a ridiculous "Duh!" type thing. smacked the forehead and moved on.

But I'm still having a problem figuring out how in the heck you accomplished the subraces on BSK1. People are tellin me to edit the item property costs in the 2da's but I've had absolutely no luck at all doing that. When creating items in the toolset their costs are affected but in the module they aren't. What's the deal? Is that really how you accomplished it or was it some other method. I'm goin crazy here >_<
I'm also curious as to how the level req. was made to be 1...
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Put an empty skin on the player and add properties after it is equipped.

-driller
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

ah HA! I've been wondering about that! I know I don't play BSK2 but BSK was still my home so I haunt the forums and most the time don't post. but yeah, thanks for sharing that!
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

driller wrote:Put an empty skin on the player and add properties after it is equipped.

-driller
...And that doesn't boot the item off the player? Haha...
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No, since it checks on equip only.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:
driller wrote:Put an empty skin on the player and add properties after it is equipped.

-driller
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

driller wrote:No, since it checks on equip only.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:

-driller
Haha, nice. Can you do on NWN2 as well?
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:
driller wrote:No, since it checks on equip only.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote: ...And that doesn't boot the item off the player? Haha...
Haha, nice. Can you do on NWN2 as well?
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

-driller
I guess the equip command takes longer than the add property function. After I added a delay command function to the add properties it works. I get a "you cannot use that item" message but it's equiped and the properties are in effect. Any idea why I'm getting that message and how to get rid of it?
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

Mer`Zikain wrote:

-driller
I guess the equip command takes longer than the add property function. After I added a delay command function to the add properties it works. I get a "you cannot use that item" message but it's equiped and the properties are in effect. Any idea why I'm getting that message and how to get rid of it?
How long did you delay it? Not that I think it would matter
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try setting the skin to plot before adding the properties. If that doesn't work, do a recursive check that makes sure that the item is equipped before adding properties.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:
Mer`Zikain wrote:

-driller
How long did you delay it? Not that I think it would matter